Sponsored

What improvements would you like to see?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
In all honesty, I feel like it wont be very long before someone offers a rear bumper with spare tire mount. THIS option will solve both of your dilemmas and also create a cool look as well.
I am all for this option. Although in the meantime, I think I prefer the standard pickup truck scenario as opposed to the bed floor access door. I don'twant to have to empty the bed to get the spare out.
No doubt about it you certainly would have to unload things from the bed to get to the spare tire, just like Honda Ridgeline owners have to do. But I once had a flat at night time with a Chevrolet Colorado and it was a pain in the rear end to get the spare out from under the truck on a rural road with no street lights. I just threw the flat tire in the bed after I had changed tires. It’s obviously a personal preference thing. The in bed storage gets my vote instead of under the bed.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
How does the spare raise and lower? My old CUCV had a little winch system that you turned with the jack handle. It was really easy to lower the spare to the ground and slide it out.

And I'll repeat that the only things the Gladiator needs is ventilated seats and a 4WD Auto option on Rubicon.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You raise and lower it with the crank thing. But as stated earlier who wants to crawl under a truck at night in the rain to lower it or to raise it? Like I said it’s a personal preference thing.

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wish they would come out with an edition that's somewhere between the Sport S and Rubicon. Like the Overland, but with max payload, Rubicon fenders, and electronic lockers. Oh, and a 2-door would be swell FCA.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
OK, my little winch for the spare had a hole in the back bumper so I didn't have to crawl under there to raise and lower it. Just lower it down and drag it out and get to work.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Those winches can be a pita especially if you drive on a lot of dirt. There are a couple companies planning on some form a swing out, and if any of them can figure what to do with the back up camera I would go that route.

JeepDoctor

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler and 1998 Wrangler
In all honesty, I feel like it wont be very long before someone offers a rear bumper with spare tire mount. THIS option will solve both of your dilemmas and also create a cool look as well.
I am all for this option. Although in the meantime, I think I prefer the standard pickup truck scenario as opposed to the bed floor access door. I don'twant to have to empty the bed to get the spare out.
Look at EVO gladiator build for EJS they built bumper mount spare to hold 40s they put on the build. It is sweet looking to me.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
You raise and lower it with the crank thing. But as stated earlier who wants to crawl under a truck at night in the rain to lower it or to raise it? Like I said it’s a personal preference thing.
I also agree its definitely personal preference. I've owned pretty much nothing but trucks for the last 20+ years. ALL have had the winch under the bed. I have never had to crawl under the truck to retrieve it. Crank it down, once its on the ground, keep cranking, then just slide it out until you can reach into the wheel and remove the wheel "cup" through the center of the wheel. I've actually used the "L-shaped" part of the lug wrench to reach under the truck and help slide it out. No one wants to change a spare, EVER. Much less in the rain. But if its raining, you probably wont have stuff in the bed of the truck unless the bed is covered. In which case do you want to take all that stuff out of the covered area and lay it on the wet ground, to now get soaked (and possibly ruined) by the rain while you dig the spare out.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Better break over angle with shorter wheelbase, regular/extended cab - longer bed.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I also agree its definitely personal preference. I've owned pretty much nothing but trucks for the last 20+ years. ALL have had the winch under the bed. I have never had to crawl under the truck to retrieve it. Crank it down, once its on the ground, keep cranking, then just slide it out until you can reach into the wheel and remove the wheel "cup" through the center of the wheel. I've actually used the "L-shaped" part of the lug wrench to reach under the truck and help slide it out. No one wants to change a spare, EVER. Much less in the rain. But if its raining, you probably wont have stuff in the bed of the truck unless the bed is covered. In which case do you want to take all that stuff out of the covered area and lay it on the wet ground, to now get soaked (and possibly ruined) by the rain while you dig the spare out.
All good points MPETE. Reminds me of the old saying: You can’t always have your cake and eat it too.

Sponsored

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Power seats to get comfortable for multiple size people!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Power seats to get comfortable for multiple size people!
I’m not an engineer but lack of power seats may have something to do with the water fording height. Besides you still have some old timers out on the trails upset about power windows. :LOL:

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I want a bumper mounted swing arm - maybe even a split swing arm and a split tailgate like my neighbor's Ram 1500 - mostly so I can mount an auxiliary gas tank in the spare tire well. I have the Mopar 2in lift on 35s and the 6MT and am getting 13mpg cruising at 68mph. I know I signed up for shitty gas mileage (actually this is an improvement over my 2003 LR - 11mpg and 1qt oil every 400 miles) but the small factory tank means I'm only getting 225mile range. I'd like to get 350miles fully loaded if possible...

Also- I don't know why the factory slush mat doesn't cover the carpet under the gas pedal. Now I have to buy aftermarket and jerry rig the drain hole plugs...

I'd also like rear fog lights and side markers - the parts are available for Euro Spec vehicles. Bring them here as part of a heavy duty all weather package with a heated windshield and heated LED headlights. I'd pay $1495 option for that...

FINALLY - how about an emergency spare key with a chip that you can store underneath the vehicle. I'm always worried that I'll lose the key while hunting/canoeing etc. and it would be nice to be able to have an emergency key. Just detaching the blade will not work because you need a chip too...

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2021 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
power memory seats,2 tow hooks on back,back up camera warning should be free,sport steering button ,definate work on tighter steering

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I agree on the power adjustable seats, they would be nice. As would a soft top that folded all the way down.
Sponsored