Sponsored

2018 JLU shows production design. What would you like shared with the JT?

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F-150 V8 4x2 & 2011 Jeep WK2 V6 4x4
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Thanks for the that!!!!

Based on those it looks like the JT has 15" less interior room :(

EDIT: Just realized you where measuring to back of the rear doors and not full cab length. So there might not be that big of a difference as most of the others have the doors all go all the way back to the back of the cab where the JT has rear doors do not.
It is kind of difficult to pin point where to measure from when it still is mostly covered up with the spy camo. But I tried looking at the less covered JL Unlimited, from a couple of days ago, for reference.
Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
Thanks for the that!!!!

Based on those it looks like the JT has 15" less interior room :(

EDIT: Just realized you where measuring to back of the rear doors and not full cab length. So there might not be that big of a difference as most of the others have the doors all go all the way back to the back of the cab where the JT has rear doors do not.
yeah it looks like lost room is because the motor is set further back. The head lights of the JT are basically set right infront the front wheels, giving awesome clearance for going off road, yet sacrificing leg room for us bigger guys... ill take it though, the passengers in the back will just have to suffer... don't tell my daughters lol...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
yeah it looks like lost room is because the motor is set further back. The head lights of the JT are basically set right infront the front wheels, giving awesome clearance for going off road, yet sacrificing leg room for us bigger guys... ill take it though, the passengers in the back will just have to suffer... don't tell my daughters lol...
I dont think it will be that much different. Check out the Redline on this as I think thats the actual cab size, as right now in my JKU the exterior goes all the way to the back of the top. Its just that unlike the rest the door line doesn't go all the way to the back of the cab. This is probably due to them reusing the doors off the JL.

37191428095_ac1c14d9ff_o.jpg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Also Checking Out the CAD you can see how far back past the door line the rear interior goes:

2019-Jeep-Scrambler-JT-CAD-Drawing.jpg

audibahn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2013 JKUR
Reviving this thread. Nice job on the scaling and numbers.

Anyone have estimates on the total length of the JT? The estimates above put the JT at 190.7" (cab length 129.7" + bed length 61") which sounds a little short. Tacoma short bed is 212.3" and Chevy Colorado is 212.4" and I would expect the JT to be within that vicinity.

Also, if you overlay the Tacoma with the JT, assuming a similar length, it looks like the JT has a better approach angle but a worse departure angle than the Taco. My primitive attempt at comparing the two side by side:

truck compare.jpg

Sponsored

Zip6711

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I just want it to be over man. Get this thing delivered to my driveway ASAP with at least a 5.6 bed, and 5,000 LB towing. Folks at work are getting sick of me talking about it. I can't afford to loose any more friends:lipssealed:
I'm haveing the same problem people well not sit with me anymore

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
JT FRAME AND AXLES (CAD FILES)

As revealed in this thread, we have the CAD files for the new frame and axles slated for the 2019 Gladiator which show under-the-skin differences between the JT and the current model JK/JKU Wrangler.
  • The first CAD image shows a comparison of the JT frame to that of the the 4-door JK Unlimited (see the tab in the CAD image showing filename: "frame Line Skillet 2D compare to JK").
  • Based on a calculation of the measurements in AutoCAD, the images show the JT pickup truck's frame (205-inches) will be approximately 18% (33-inches) longer than that of the 4-door JK Unlimited frame (172-inches), as the JT spy photos and video have shown.

2019-JT-Jeep-Scrambler-Pickup-Frame-Comparison-JKU-CAD.jpg
2019-JT-Jeep-Scrambler-Frame-CAD.jpg
Quoting Jay from an earlier post, the frame alone is sitting at around 205 inches. Figuring another rough 7-8 inches for bumper to bumper puts you at 212-213. This would keep it right in line with the Tacoma/Colorado. Assuming they use the thinner profile seats of the JL's, the JT will have an overall more roomy feel in the rear over Tacoma/Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Quoting Jay from an earlier post, the frame alone is sitting at around 205 inches. Figuring another rough 7-8 inches for bumper to bumper puts you at 212-213. This would keep it right in line with the Tacoma/Colorado. Assuming they use the thinner profile seats of the JL's, the JT will have an overall more roomy feel in the rear over Tacoma/Colorado.
Sure hope so!

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
I'm getting a little lost, or maybe my calcs are way out. But if the frame is 205" then that puts the wheel base around 137"

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
I'd say the wheelbase will likely be still in the 126-128" range same as most other mid size trucks. If you look at the pics above most of the other brands have about a foot of truck in front of the tire. The JT does not. Instead they opted for it to hang off the ass end. I anticipate turn radius to be about the same as other mid size pickups.

The biggest downsides I forsee is poor departure angle, and a lower tongue rating because of the extra overhang. Or they are going to counteract it with some seriously stiff springs in the rear that will make washboard roads super sketchy.

Sponsored

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I just based my calc on the strut centre locations on the chassis cad and "known" other dimensions. So if the overall is not 205 then my 137 guestimate is also wrong. I agree 100% on the dpearture angle and I am seriously hoping we are incorrect.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also loosely supported it based on the AEV brute being 139" and 216"....figured they would be ballpark