Sponsored

What improvements would you like to see?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
One thing I would suggest is that they make it so you could lift up a door in the bed of the truck to get to the spare tire. Who wants to go crawling under a truck at night or in the rain to get the spare? There’s obviously room for this.

OP
OP

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
One thing I would suggest is that they make it so you could lift up a door in the bed of the truck to get to the spare tire. Who wants to go crawling under a truck at night or in the rain to get the spare? There’s obviously room for this.
That is a great idea.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I own a truck because I usually have a bunch of stuff in there with me. To me it seems easier to lower the spare tire to the ground rather than unload my truck bed to get to the spare.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
No doubt about it TennesseePA. I totally see your point. To gain access via the top of the bed would also mean bed boxes like the ones Jeep made for the JT would not be possible. But I just like spare tire access like the Honda Ridgeline. Although Honda did something rather stupid in the process. You can’t put a full size spare that compartment, can only get a mini spare in there. So this means that if you use the bed as a trunk with a hard tonneau and you have all of your luggage in the bed then you have no place to put the full sized flat tire. They really should have made the spare tire place a tad deeper.

And to your point and mine I guess it’s a personal preference thing and Jeep doesn’t give us a spare tire access option. No one else gives that top of the bed access other than the rocket scientists at Honda. Such is life.

OP
OP

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
I own a truck because I usually have a bunch of stuff in there with me. To me it seems easier to lower the spare tire to the ground rather than unload my truck bed to get to the spare.
I looked at it as an option to access either way, although I don't know how you would engineer that.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see better steering. If they can make the SFA Ram Power Wagon handle so nice why not the Gladiator or Wrangler?

I would really love to know what mechanically is different on the JL/JT that limits them from that.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Its been said before but here are mine. Not necessary in priority order.

1. Top allows the option to fold all the way down.
2. better power plant that produces more torque and better MPGs with a manual option
3. take 4-5 inches out of the kids/dog seat, I mean back seat area, and shorten the length

Let's not loose perspective however, there really is a lot to love here. Still anything can be improved upon.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
I would say a power rear window option and options where you can choose dash color
I will second the dash color option. One of the many things I love about the J6 concept is the body color matched dash in that gorgeous metallic blue. I would also like to see a glass rear window option for the soft top. Oh, and the ability to check the proximity locks and LED light package boxes for the Sport S ...

Sponsored

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
I wish they'd make it IFS.

- More ground clearance
- Better ride
- No death wobble
- No steering issues
- Better safety scores
- Decreased length would allow it to fit in garages more easily
- Less weight
- Improved fuel economy
- Would still go 95% of the places a solid axle will go
Yeah, because people like we have on this forum whined and cried enough that the engineers reluctantly left them in place.

Don't think for a second they didn't want to go IFS. They took the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee that direction and they would have loved to do the same with Wrangler. It would have cured so many of their headaches and warranty claims.

Just wait until Bronco comes out and trounces the JL/JT in every on and off road review.

I've had more solid axle and IFS rigs than I can remember, and the fact is unless you're a guy who rock crawls often, IFS is the only way to go.
Sounds like you are in the wrong Forum bud.

Go buy a Taco or Colorado then. Seeeee ya!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ventilated seats. That is the only thing they missed on in my opinion.
ABOSOLUTELY! But purists will say the perforated seats are no good for rain.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think its silly in 2019 we have to notch our plywood because of an oversight with the gas filler neck! Can we get a bed that doesn't require plywood notching Mark Allen?

I want the straight 6 turbo, gas or diesel.
I agree more leather color choices, saddle isn't saddle enough.
dash color choice

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
In all honesty, I feel like it wont be very long before someone offers a rear bumper with spare tire mount. THIS option will solve both of your dilemmas and also create a cool look as well.
I am all for this option. Although in the meantime, I think I prefer the standard pickup truck scenario as opposed to the bed floor access door. I don'twant to have to empty the bed to get the spare out.

cgoodwin0990

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Adventure Education Programs Director
I'd love it if they'd made it so the bulkhead between the bed and the cab were removable. I'd pull the rear seats, drop the bulk head and make it into an overland camper in a heartbeat
Sponsored