Sponsored

2020 Gladiator Mojave Window Sticker and Hands-On Comparison vs Rubicon

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Lockers for dummies... What are the pros and cons? I simply don't know...
Probably a topic for a new thread, so not to derail this one, or a topic for you to research on your own. TONS of videos and articles out there.
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Lockers for dummies... What are the pros and cons? I simply don't know...
Here is a decent example of how sway bar disconnect and front Lockers can help you. Watch the difference between the Rubicon and Mojove on the Razor rocks -- more articulation and all 4 wheels turning made a difference in this case.

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Probably a topic for a new thread, so not to derail this one, or a topic for you to research on your own. TONS of videos and articles out there.
Thanks

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
so bigger shocks with a res and a bit of a front lift and removed the front locker and sway disconnect and that justifies charging more?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
so bigger shocks with a res and a bit of a front lift and removed the front locker and sway disconnect and that justifies charging more?
hydraulic bump stops and several reinforcements. Then yes that's pretty much it.

It's only a $245 higher starting price point ($44,120 vs $43,875). Not sure why everyone is fixated on that like they are charging a huge premium over the rubicon. The shock package isn't cheap, as a matter of fact it is quite expensive. All you're losing by going Mojave is a front locker, e-sway bar disco, rear truck bed sliders. and you lose 1k in towing by going with the Mojave shock package.

My gripe is they are expensive shocks that I probably can't keep and use with a solid 2.5" lift.

Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Here is a decent example of how sway bar disconnect and front Lockers can help you. Watch the difference between the Rubicon and Mojove on the Razor rocks -- more articulation and all 4 wheels turning made a difference in this case.

So the real winner is a Rubicon with Mojave shocks?

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
So the real winner is a Rubicon with Mojave shocks?
Definitely seems like a mesh of the two would be an "ultimate" factory Gladiator. Everything from the Mojave and a couple things from the Rubicon would make it the top of the heap.

pat11784

First Name
patrck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 RUBICON LJ, 18 4RUNNER, 17 ZL1 CAMARO, 13 EXPRESS 3500
Definitely seems like a mesh of the two would be an "ultimate" factory Gladiator. Everything from the Mojave and a couple things from the Rubicon would make it the top of the heap.
Is the mojave frame actually stronger(welded or thicker) or is it just a couple riveted on reinforcements?

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
Will it handle potholes better at 50 mph than other versions?
^^^ This!!! ^^^

This is the NUMBER ONE reason, I chose the Mojave over the Rubicon or other models.

This is my wife's vehicle, but she nice enough to let me ride in it, get or keep it maintained, and pay for it.

Bless her heart, but there's not a pothole anywhere she/we travel(s) that she doesn't test out.

Not trying to be sexist here, other husbands tell me the same thing, that women don't do spatial distancing very well, and there's studies saying that too. So that means, while she does a good job of staying in her lane, she doesn't know where the tires are on the vehicle in relation to the pavement. She'll think she's steering away from a pothole and is instead driving right at it and into it. Same goes for things like tree limbs or shredded semi-tires laying in the roadway. She'll mow them over and complain that she couldn't stop despite no one being behind her, etc.

So when she said she wanted (demanded) a Gladiator instead of the nice sports car I had her driving, I was delighted. She can now hit potholes at 50mph and I no longer have to worry. I'm a rim and two cut tires into this conversation, at this point. So I'm grateful Jeep has given me peace of mind, and her something safe to drive. No more changing tires on a rainy night at 10pm when it's 25 degrees out, because she hit a water filled pothole.

I just refused to buy her a base Gladiator, because I think the vehicle looks like crap unless you put the big wheels on it. Without the big rims and tires, a Gladiator is like one of those big box trucks you see with the tiny wheels.

Likewise, although I always buy a top of the line, loaded vehicle, it made no sense to buy a Rubicon. The Mojave is a much better vehicle for the "all hat, no cowgirl" types like my wife. Let's be honest here, most Jeep owners are not doing things like climbing the Rubicon trail, they're just daily drivers that want a cool, fun to drive and own vehicle. Aint no rocks to climb in Florida.

And as the country continues to go to hell and prints fake money, the roads are getting worse and worse, literally causing the death of passenger cars. Read the horror stories of poor folk hitting potholes and breaking rims in places like Pittsburgh as they try to commute to work. So what good is a car like a Corvette that sits 3-4 inches off the ground if it's not safe to drive on the street?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
^^^ This!!! ^^^

This is the NUMBER ONE reason, I chose the Mojave over the Rubicon or other models.

This is my wife's vehicle, but she nice enough to let me ride in it, get or keep it maintained, and pay for it.

Bless her heart, but there's not a pothole anywhere she/we travel(s) that she doesn't test out.

Not trying to be sexist here, other husbands tell me the same thing, that women don't do spatial distancing very well, and there's studies saying that too. So that means, while she does a good job of staying in her lane, she doesn't know where the tires are on the vehicle in relation to the pavement. She'll think she's steering away from a pothole and is instead driving right at it and into it. Same goes for things like tree limbs or shredded semi-tires laying in the roadway. She'll mow them over and complain that she couldn't stop despite no one being behind her, etc.

So when she said she wanted (demanded) a Gladiator instead of the nice sports car I had her driving, I was delighted. She can now hit potholes at 50mph and I no longer have to worry. I'm a rim and two cut tires into this conversation, at this point. So I'm grateful Jeep has given me peace of mind, and her something safe to drive. No more changing tires on a rainy night at 10pm when it's 25 degrees out, because she hit a water filled pothole.

I just refused to buy her a base Gladiator, because I think the vehicle looks like crap unless you put the big wheels on it. Without the big rims and tires, a Gladiator is like one of those big box trucks you see with the tiny wheels.

Likewise, although I always buy a top of the line, loaded vehicle, it made no sense to buy a Rubicon. The Mojave is a much better vehicle for the "all hat, now cowgirl" types like my wife. Let's be honest here, most Jeep honors are not doing things like climbing the Rubicon trail, they're just daily drivers that want a cool, fun to drive and own vehicle. Aint no rocks to climb in Florida.

And as the country continues to go to hell and print fake money, the roads are getting worse and worse, literally causing the death of passenger cars. Read the horror stories of poor folk hitting potholes and breaking rims in places like Pittsburgh as they try to commute to work. So what good is a car like a Corvette that sits 3-4 inches off the ground if it's not safe to drive on the street?
That’s funny shit! It’s not sexist if it’s true!! It’s a proven fact, Men have better spatial awareness, honed over thousands of years of chasing wildebeasts. On the other hand, women are better at seeing colors than we are, because they didn’t want to pick a poisonous berry way back when.

I can ALWAYS pick just the right size container to put the leftovers in. It’s a talent I’m very proud of!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Honestly I was a base Sport with Mojave suspension and frame. I don't want or need all the fancy electrical crap in the higher trims.
There is plenty of "fancy electrical crap" in even the base low end models, most of it related to drive train but plenty going back into the dash and there rest of the vehicle. Some people use that cop out because they just don't have the money to buy the higher trims, and then there are those that just honestly want to be frugal.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
There is plenty of "fancy electrical crap" in even the base low end models, most of it related to drive train but plenty going back into the dash and there rest of the vehicle. Some people use that cop out because they just don't have the money to buy the higher trims, and then there are those that just honestly want to be frugal.
I just don't really care about power locks/windows, because my doors are off more than half the year, and I have a soft top so I don't lock the doors. The entire back window is removable without unlocking the doors or someone will just cut it if they really want in. Also by "fancy electrical crap" I mean the E lockers, and electronic disconnects, stuff that is already having issues on these trucks.
Sponsored