RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
those renders early on were spot on
I seek no debate on this @ls6. I certainly have no evidence that says otherwise. But why say you so?

Is it that you just don't think FCA cutesy enough to have put this up on the website deliberately (not accidentally) for a brief time with false info....or perhaps you're confident in @JAY 's sources or have your own?
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I just hate it when people make good points that force function to trump style.

Dam you Michael @TheSwiss, dam you!! ;)
I don't think those pics today are correct in the where the bed meets the cab. I say this because I believe the separation between the cab and the bed is meant to flex independently and if that is the case it makes no sense that the rear fender would overlap that spot. Would cause the fender break loose or at the very least rub on the body paint.

Also I really really hope I am wrong but on all of the wrapped mules the departure angle looked much worse than these pics/renderings

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
I don't think those pics today are correct in the where the bed meets the cab. I say this because I believe the separation between the cab and the bed is meant to flex independently and if that is the case it makes no sense that the rear fender would overlap that spot. Would cause the fender break loose or at the very least rub on the body paint.

Also I really really hope I am wrong but on all of the wrapped mules the departure angle looked much worse than these pics/renderings
I think you're saying @homerun that for functional reasons the picture in my post https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ficial-pics-and-specs.8214/page-3#post-145662 my not be out of the running as the implementation of the lines between the cab and truck bed ????

Please elaborate.:)

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I think you're saying @homerun that for functional reasons the picture in my post https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ficial-pics-and-specs.8214/page-3#post-145662 my not be out of the running as the implementation of the lines between the cab and truck bed ????

Please elaborate.:)
I wish, but I think that pic is also incorrect. I think from a manufacturing standpoint it makes no sense that the bed would have to be put down first and then the cab on top. Alternatively to make that picture work you would have to wedge the bed in at a weird angle with the tail gate way up in the air. Also body shops would hate it when repairing damaged panels on the bed.

I think in reality the bed will be a straight line down, but the wheel wells will be farther back and the fenders will not cross into the cab section. Look closely at the camo spy pics.

What do I know? I am just a guy on the arm chairing on the internet. We will all know in less than 2 weeks.

Edit:
Obviously a concept, but I think the fenders will stop at the edge of the bed which will be straight up and down like this concept.

2019-jeep-scrambler-pickup-jt-wrangler-02-jpg-jpg.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
I'm interested in knowing how it all works, and how similarly or differently than its JL[U] counterparts, and speaking of "parts" what's the same.

Like take the back of the soft top on the Gladiator. Is it the same as the one for the JL[U]?

Does the soft top open? What's the deal with the "other/second" hardtop? Are the Freedom Panels removable on one or both hardtops and can you store them behind the back seats? Is there room there?

Answers!!!!!

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the JT makes the Fort Worth Auto Show Dec 6th. If so, I will get pics.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Do those pics look heavily "touched-up" or are they just straight out photoshopped?

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
It says "up to" so I wonder if the capacities are for the diesel variant and the gasser will be less in both categories?
That's what I originally assumed, but the original leaks put both the v6 and 3.0 at 6500# and 1400# payload (1100# for the premium trim diesel). The Ram is rated at up to 7700# with the Pentastar in certain configurations too.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I originally assumed, but the original leaks put both the v6 and 3.0 at 6500# and 1400# payload (1100# for the premium trim diesel). The Ram is rated at up to 7700# with the Pentastar in certain configurations too.
I suspect the limiting factor will be suspension and not engine option. I also think the Rubicon will be rated to tow less than other trims.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I think in reality the bed will be a straight line down, but the wheel wells will be farther back and the fenders will not cross into the cab section. Look closely at the camo spy pics.
That will not be the case. The cab is angled at the back side to allow for overlap from the rear flare to bring the rear section in tighter to the cab. It will not be a Brute style cab/bed design with a straight break down like you mention and what you are seeing is what all of the leaks have pointed to in the past. Especially the early CAD files which show this overlap in perfect detail. This is the real deal and how the cab/bed will be when we see it in a few weeks, I am almost certain.

RussJeep1, the document is referring to the three top options including a black three piece hardtop and a body color three piece hardtop. Freedom panels are a given as its become a mainstay for Wrangler's for quite a while. I assume they have come up with some clever storage solutions for the freedom panels but we will have to wait to find out. As for the soft top it will most definitely open and be retractable. It wouldn't be a good marketing decision to make a soft roofed vehicle that won't allow the sun in ;)

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Does the soft top open? What's the deal with the "other/second" hardtop? Are the Freedom Panels removable on one or both hardtops and can you store them behind the back seats? Is there room there?

Answers!!!!!
Yes the soft top will open. I think the hard tops will be one with power rear slide and one without.

I suspect the limiting factor will be suspension and not engine option. I also think the Rubicon will be rated to tow less than other trims.
Maybe up to does not mean some trucks will pull less. Maybe it means in good conditions like not while off roading. People are dumb. You have to let them know not to put 1600 in the bed and then go rock climbing.
Sponsored