First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler
She's finally seen... profs to FCA, as I love leaks like this to get us all salivating!

Questions and some opinions:

Rear door windows - do the new JL's have that partial moving - partial fixed, rear window as well? Not a fan of the smaller portion rolling down to make room for that HUGE angle in the rear of the door.

Rear sliding window - do any other FCA's have that weird square hole in the glass for a sliding panel? Would have loved the entire window to roll up and down so you could just crack it or completely down for topless.

Towing options - controller - FCA, give us something like a RedArc Tow-Pro brake controller built in. Camera and sensors from the trailer plug and play into the Jeeps rear sensors and flip or pict-in-pict rear camera and rear trailer camera :) A full 3.5 ton towing and 3/4 ton payload, well done FCA!

Fuel capacity - 2nd tank option? Larger main tank? Throw us over-landers a bone!

Bumpers - are these the same or similar steel ones on the JL? Do the wings look removable on the front? winch ready as well?

Underbody and Skid Plates - Do those look like rock sliders stock? Any clues as to what skid plates with it? Any guesses to the angles? Approach = JL, break-over=?, departure=?

Rear Camera - is it just me, or did they move the "Jeep" name off-centre just to put in that camera?!? at least try and be tricky, FCA, and hide it in the circle space of the "e"'s or "p"!!!

Loving the look, but sadly as I'm in Australia we STILL don't have the JL available! The JT will be years off; unless FCA makes a mail carrier one in RHD for the states that I can pre-order and then ship over (still would have to wait a year before shipping or I'll be smacked with Australian GST tax :) )...

Thanks everyone for the hard yards put into this forum! Y'all pulled off such good assumptions and damned close to this leaked truck specs!

Cheers,
jT - CaptStarboard
Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Part of me was worried that the towing figure was a typo and meant to be 6750# or 6570#. Then there's the qualifier of best in class 4x4 towing. But looking around, the GM twins max out at 7600# in 4wd, and the Ranger at 7500#.

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
I suspect the limiting factor will be suspension and not engine option. I also think the Rubicon will be rated to tow less than other trims.
I agree. I own a Colorado ZR2 diesel and its only rated at 5000 lbs versus the standard 4x4 at 7600. I would say the Rubi will be limited due to the suspension.

Sponsored

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
My dealer told me 4 door only. The take rate on 2 door JL only 10% now. He predicts 4 door only soon and everything electric soon

The good news is my service mgr says he will do a Hemi, AWV Bumper and 35” tires for me when it comes in. I would prefer a 2 door and thought about getting the Colorado but a 4 door Hemi is better

1st-Gladiator

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 and soon a Gladiator
*Yawn* I can't believe the hype about this "leak". AEV did a much better job IMO. You can get a used Hemi Brute for what they are going to charge for this. I'm guessing $50-60k
This isn’t a jl plus a bed it has a legit new truck chassis

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'll open with, I'm still skeptical since it was posted by someone with 0 other posts and they just created their account. That first picture looks totally legit, the 2nd and others start to look a little rendered.

That being said, I'll allow that maybe someone created a new account to post and not have it traced to them... maybe.

If these ARE legit, I'm kinda bummed by how tiny that pass-through window looks... my 60 lb puppy might have a hard time getting through. We'll see once it's real.

The super fuzzy spec list doesn't really say much, a lot of marketing hype, so that doesn't lend credit to anything imo. Great if it's true, fine if not. I'm still waiting for an official reveal before getting excited or disappointed. All of the things listed are great for me, I'll take them. The pictures, rendered or not, are great to me... I'll take it.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
It says “two hard tops”. I wonder if one is “Sky One-Touch”...
Someone replied to me that two hard tops meant black and paint matched, but I agree, this is a great opportunity to repurpose the power top technology given concerns over how a soft top might fold down, if at all, beyond sunrider (i.e. 1st) position, and not block a rear view.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Anyone know what happened to all the talk about the 3.6 getting BSG tech? I see 2 of the 3 engine options for the 2019 Ram come with BSG. I am leery of having more complicated tech to breakdown, however I know I don't want the diesel and I was hoping the BSG would offer some low end torque and a small boost in MPGs. Jeep has not mentioned BSG in any of the leaks or material lately, but I thought they were pretty confident that it would be standard in 2019 at the JL reveal last year.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
I'll open with, I'm still skeptical since it was posted by someone with 0 other posts and they just created their account. That first picture looks totally legit, the 2nd and others start to look a little rendered.

That being said, I'll allow that maybe someone created a new account to post and not have it traced to them... maybe.

If these ARE legit, I'm kinda bummed by how tiny that pass-through window looks... my 60 lb puppy might have a hard time getting through. We'll see once it's real.

The super fuzzy spec list doesn't really say much, a lot of marketing hype, so that doesn't lend credit to anything imo. Great if it's true, fine if not. I'm still waiting for an official reveal before getting excited or disappointed. All of the things listed are great for me, I'll take them. The pictures, rendered or not, are great to me... I'll take it.
To Jody's tone of, "we'll know when it's truly released," which I agree with, maybe we should consider that FCA's "mistake" in for a short time putting this info online was anything but, and even potentially misinformation in part, and/or done to stir the pot of interest.

I do respect though the quality of the moderator's sources for this 411 being legitimate, perhaps his inability at this time to comment on same without revealing sources, and wouldn't be surprised if everything here turned out to be true.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
The Brute, however, is less a truck than a Wrangler with a bed. Tow rating is the same 3500# of the JKU.
90% of the Gladiator buyers are buying a "cool" lifestyle truck. Even FCA expects this by pricing it as a premium product. If people want a "real" truck, you can pick up a 2019 Hemi Ram Rebel for a little less than a JT. People are buying these for the fun factor.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Anyone know what happened to all the talk about the 3.6 getting BSG tech? I see 2 of the 3 engine options for the 2019 Ram come with BSG. I am leery of having more complicated tech to breakdown, however I know I don't want the diesel and I was hoping the BSG would offer some low end torque and a small boost in MPGs. Jeep has not mentioned BSG in any of the leaks or material lately, but I thought they were pretty confident that it would be standard in 2019 at the JL reveal last year.
I just read in the JL forum that FCA is pushing the 2.0 until the BSG engines arrive.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I just read in the JL forum that FCA is pushing the 2.0 until the BSG engines arrive.
Is there any speculation on when that might be? 2.0 doesn't help me on the JT. Also wonder what the hold up is since its apparently ready on the Rams.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
90% of the Gladiator buyers are buying a "cool" lifestyle truck. Even FCA expects this by pricing it as a premium product. If people want a "real" truck, you can pick up a 2019 Hemi Ram Rebel for a little less than a JT. People are buying these for the fun factor.
Buying mine as an overlander/toy hauler. I've never been a truck guy but the JT has ACTUAL tow rating, and I can haul camping crap, bike crap, dogs, coolers, etc. And I have ZERO desire to use a full sized truck as a DD.
Sponsored