Sponsored

**2020 Jeep Gladiator official pics and specs**

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I'll open with, I'm still skeptical since it was posted by someone with 0 other posts and they just created their account. That first picture looks totally legit, the 2nd and others start to look a little rendered.

That being said, I'll allow that maybe someone created a new account to post and not have it traced to them... maybe.

If these ARE legit, I'm kinda bummed by how tiny that pass-through window looks... my 60 lb puppy might have a hard time getting through. We'll see once it's real.

The super fuzzy spec list doesn't really say much, a lot of marketing hype, so that doesn't lend credit to anything imo. Great if it's true, fine if not. I'm still waiting for an official reveal before getting excited or disappointed. All of the things listed are great for me, I'll take them. The pictures, rendered or not, are great to me... I'll take it.

Most likely it's a "leak" in the sense that it probably was done intentionally by FCA's marketing team to generate buzz prior to the unveiling. Hence the random new user posting these images that we'll probably never hear or see again.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Is there any speculation on when that might be? 2.0 doesn't help me on the JT. Also wonder what the hold up is since its apparently ready on the Rams.
I bet it's available in the JT at launch.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
Buying mine as an overlander/toy hauler. I've never been a truck guy but the JT has ACTUAL tow rating, and I can haul camping crap, bike crap, dogs, coolers, etc. And I have ZERO desire to use a full sized truck as a DD.
I was hoping that the JT would come out with a base spec model with a 6 spd and manual everything for around $35k. I know they tend to release the high end models first, but hopefully there is a budget Sport version for us average Joes.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Buying mine as an overlander/toy hauler. I've never been a truck guy but the JT has ACTUAL tow rating, and I can haul camping crap, bike crap, dogs, coolers, etc. And I have ZERO desire to use a full sized truck as a DD.
Bingo! I absolutely love the RAM Rebel but have zero interest in a truck that big. This will fit my needs perfectly as a family travel rig for camping and vacations.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Most likely it's a "leak" in the sense that it probably was done intentionally by FCA's marketing team to generate buzz prior to the unveiling. Hence the random new user posting these images that we'll probably never hear or see again.
Exactly my thinking. It was probably intentional as a way to generate a buzz and get the media outlets talking.

Sponsored

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
They both wear the same plate.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.50.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.49.59 AM.png

R3D J33P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Poor Ol'Mazda but soon a Jeep JLU
I suspect the limiting factor will be suspension and not engine option. I also think the Rubicon will be rated to tow less than other trims.
I think we all missed this is the description:

"Suspension tuned to optimize on-road handling and ride comfort without sacrificing off-road capability, payload or towing capability"

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
*Yawn* I can't believe the hype about this "leak". AEV did a much better job IMO. You can get a used Hemi Brute for what they are going to charge for this. I'm guessing $50-60k
The Cheapest used AEV Brute I found on Rubitrux.com is $75k didn't have the HEMI and is a 2013 model no warranty most are above $87k and into 6 figures for a used Brute. Would be interested to know what AEV did a much better job at being that we don't have a production vehicle to compare to.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
90% of the Gladiator buyers are buying a "cool" lifestyle truck. Even FCA expects this by pricing it as a premium product. If people want a "real" truck, you can pick up a 2019 Hemi Ram Rebel for a little less than a JT. People are buying these for the fun factor.
And?

Reactions: JAY

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
They both wear the same plate.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.50.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.49.59 AM.png
I just searched for "geb560 license plate" and found a post from a Jeep forum last year using the same number. This further supports my theory that this is a well done render.

(That forum post was also trying to find meaning in the number.)

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
I just searched for "geb560 license plate" and found a post from a Jeep forum last year using the same number. This further supports my theory that this is a well done render.

Thats why I posted it. I saw the two plates and thought that was fishy since all the JTs running around and being filmed have different numbers 1-15 on them. I zoomed in over all the photos trying to find something out of place.

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
I'm really hoping that you would be able to access the bed from the cab without having to step over the tub and bed. If those leaked CAD drawings are legit then it doesn't look good :( . That was one of the coolest features of the the H2 SUT. This would be so badass!! Not announcing a Diesel Manual was a downer but this will look so great with a lift kit and bigger meats.

HummerSUT.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon

It's a downright Chrysler conspiracy. Hidden agenda. Illuminati stuff...

Under Google Images, a search of "GEB 560" brings up lots of Chrysler ad pics with that plate.

https://www.google.com/search?q="ge...IECgD&cshid=1542322812406000&biw=1920&bih=969

82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412.png
Sponsored