Sponsored

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
I understand that but in the wrangler they get the wider axles with the 3.0 regardless off trim level
Are you sure? I believe that non-Rubi trim JLs with the 3.0 get the heavier duty axel in the front 44s/m220s or whatever. But I did NOT believe they were the wide axels, only heavier. I did some vin build sheet lookups and sport JLs with a 3.0 did not say "wide" but on a rubi they did. However, I would love to be proven wrong here if you have better information.
Sponsored

Detroit Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Master of Time & Space
Any idea on what "later in the year" for fun colors means?

thanks

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Are you sure? I believe that non-Rubi trim JLs with the 3.0 get the heavier duty axel in the front 44s/m220s or whatever. But I did NOT believe they were the wide axels, only heavier. I did some vin build sheet lookups and sport JLs with a 3.0 did not say "wide" but on a rubi they did. However, I would love to be proven wrong here if you have better information.

Well perhaps they’re actually getting JT normal axles but that doesn’t make sense because the rear is slightly different so I ASSumed they were getting the only d44 front offered in a JL normally and that’s the wider axle

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Anyone else notice Selec-Trac is now an option on Sport S, Overland/High Altitude, and Mojave trims?
The SELEC-TRAC or 4:1 ROCK-TRAC HD FULL TIME 4WD SYS would be an option I would get, but NA with diesel or manual transmission. So for others that must have the diesel or MT, no auto 4WD for you.

Sponsored

pdril

First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
nuclear chemist
that’s a cool feature, but I’m more interested in the diesel and trailer brake controller. I just wish Gobi was an option.
hi just to let you guys know, curt makes a wireless brake controller that runs off bluetooth. Curt 51180. i ordered one on amazon for $229.00. will let everybody know what i think of it when i get it

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Anyone else notice the price jump before build and price on the website? Shows Sport S starting at 39,900 now. Is that tied to the model year update maybe?

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Page 20 on the order guide states Rubicon and Mojave get wide axles (search DJF and DRF).

Edit:
It gets added to the Sport with the Max Tow package, but not the Diesel.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
If what I am reading is correct, you can't get the Max Tow with the Diesel ? The only reason I was going to trade for a diesel is the added grunt to tow. Makes NO sense at all.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If what I am reading is correct, you can't get the Max Tow with the Diesel ? The only reason I was going to trade for a diesel is the added grunt to tow. Makes NO sense at all.
How much were you expecting to tow?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone considered the possibility that perhaps max tow is NOT needed with the diesel option? Maybe there are upgrades involved to the truck with the diesel that negate the need for the max. tow? Jeep hasn't released the numbers yet, and when I asked a few Jeep folks they said they knew the figures and specs but couldn't say them yet because they have not been released... that's sort of mysterious if you ask me. The Sport S with the Max Tow is the specific trim/option package that offers the highest tow rating, I find it a bit hard to believe that they'd stuff a diesel in there and say it can only tow under 5k or something.
Don't get too upset yet, just hang tight and wait for official word!

Last edited:

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Has anyone considered the possibility that perhaps max tow is NOT needed with the diesel option? Maybe there are upgrades involved to the truck with the diesel the negate the need for the max. tow? Jeep hasn't released the numbers yet, and when I asked a few Jeep folks they said they knew the figures and specs but couldn't say them yet because they have not been released... that's sort of mysterious if you ask me. The Sport S with the Max Tow is the specific trim/option package that offers the highest tow rating, I find it a bit hard to believe that they'd stuff a diesel in there and say it can only tow under 5k or something.
Don't get too upset yet, just hang tight and wait for official word!
Just to continue on this. It’s probably getting the wider heavy duty axles anyway. It has the best cooling system they can fit in the space. And 3.73 (I believe is the gear ratio) is low for a diesel. So they’re all “max tow”

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just to continue on this. It’s probably getting the wider heavy duty axles anyway. It has the best cooling system they can fit in the space. And 3.73 (I believe is the gear ratio) is low for a diesel. So they’re all “max tow”
Yup, that was my thought process.
Sponsored