Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So they bring back the road construction equipment colors, but continue to ignore Patriot Blue and Anvil which would have been gorgeous on this truck. Sigh....

As for the EcoDiesel:

You lose 1,000 lbs. of GCWR and 1,000 lbs. of towing right off the bat. You also add roughly 300 lbs. of curb weight. Ouch. A Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel is tipping the scales at over 5,400 lbs. when you add some options. That's what 1-ton pickups weighed in at a couple of decades ago, and surpasses the current F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 with options. OUCH.

You also get the nice $4,000 engine upcharge, $250 oil changes, and loss of any ability to change up the exhaust or tinker with the powertrain at all while you're at it.

I don't see many folks buying into that. I've grown up a huge diesel power fan my whole life and I'm currently driving the EcoDiesel in the 2020 Ram, but whe/if I go back to a Gladiator I don't think I'd do the EcoDiesel. It's just not worth it. There is zero case where it's worth it on the Jeep.
Sponsored

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I had some quick fun with seeing what Gecko and Nacho Gladiators would look like...

(apologies for the MDX in the reflection but this shot was taken right after our detailer performed the "paint protection" coating and it was shiny AF)
I've been waiting for Sarge since Gobi was discontinued, but I've always liked Gecko...wife is a hard no on Nacho.
Any chance you can photoshop a Sarge JT?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
So they bring back the road construction equipment colors, but continue to ignore Patriot Blue and Anvil which would have been gorgeous on this truck. Sigh....

As for the EcoDiesel:

You lose 1,000 lbs. of GCWR and 1,000 lbs. of towing right off the bat. You also add roughly 300 lbs. of curb weight. Ouch. A Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel is tipping the scales at over 5,400 lbs. when you add some options. That's what 1-ton pickups weighed in at a couple of decades ago, and surpasses the current F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 with options. OUCH.

You also get the nice $4,000 engine upcharge, $250 oil changes, and loss of any ability to change up the exhaust or tinker with the powertrain at all while you're at it.

I don't see many folks buying into that. I've grown up a huge diesel power fan my whole life and I'm currently driving the EcoDiesel in the 2020 Ram, but whe/if I go back to a Gladiator I don't think I'd do the EcoDiesel. It's just not worth it. There is zero case where it's worth it on the Jeep.
I would love Anvil or Earl.

Diesel - I Have been waiting for it for a looong time, but man I think you are starting to win me over weather dude on the many reasons it is not worth it.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
It's due to the majority of truck sales being bland colors. Every time Ram introduced a bright color, like Sublime or Crush, those trucks sit on lots for a long time. Meanwhile the white, black, silver and maroon trucks fly off the lot.

Demographics of sales set the colors.
That makes sense if you look at it as a truck. Wranglers kind of have always been known for the colors.

I agree completely. Or at least have a hard top as standard and soft top as an option
LED should have been for this price, I just don't get it. For the tops I am so glad hard was not a standard option. After looking over my use I think the hard top would have ended up under a tarp collecting tree pollen.

Now if they could make the tops easier to interchange that would have been cool.

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Figures. I ordered my diesel JLUR in sting gray because Sarge wasn’t available when I ordered. Ordered my diesel JTR in sting gray because sarge wasn’t available when I ordered. Oh well.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
It's due to the majority of truck sales being bland colors. Every time Ram introduced a bright color, like Sublime or Crush, those trucks sit on lots for a long time. Meanwhile the white, black, silver and maroon trucks fly off the lot.
Demographics of sales set the colors.
That may be true, but perhaps the JT is a different pool of buyers than the typical 1/2 ton full-size truck market? I don't have data to back that claim up, but I would think that the JT would have more enthusiasts as a percentage than standard FS trucks, and thus would be more receptive to brighter colors?

Last edited:

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
That may be true, but perhaps the JT is a different pool of buyers than the typical 1/2 ton full-size truck market? I don't have data to back that claim up, but I would think that the JT would have more enthusiasts as a percentage than standard FS trucks, and thus would be more receptive to brighter colors?
^ Yes. Look at the Wrangler color offerings. More coming?

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Any chance you can photoshop a Sarge JT?
I didn't PS Sarge because there are actually a decent amount of Sarge JT images out there. Not sure if Sarge was a test color initially or if just that many people love Sarge and wrap / Kevlar paint their JTs as such.

Here are some I've found in the past several months...I think the first shot is a Wrangler / truck conversion. Obviously there are variations in the "green-ness" of the Sarge green, but you get the point...

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added 2c82c046-934b-4beb-9679-d8321ce3cf0d-jpe

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added jt-jeep-wrangler-pickup-scrambler_front_green-

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added 6e9f9468dd60a1f46e83dbc5770741be

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added b6d0a3598ea7f102fd3189d2075fb6c6

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Here are some I've found in the past several months...obviously there are variations in the "green-ness" of the Sarge green, but you get the point...

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Official Specs & Info. Sarge, Nacho & Gecko Colors Added b6d0a3598ea7f102fd3189d2075fb6c6

Looks like the traditional Army "Olive Drab" color.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I didn't PS Sarge because there are actually a decent amount of Sarge JT images out there. Not sure if Sarge was a test color initially or if just that many people love Sarge and wrap / Kevlar paint their JTs as such.

Here are some I've found in the past several months...I think the first shot is a Wrangler / truck conversion. Obviously there are variations in the "green-ness" of the Sarge green, but you get the point...
I've seen the Starwood, but didn't like it. Hadn't seen the AEV Brute or the promo pic, so thanks. I'm definitely a Sarge buyer.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
Does anyone know if this new radio offers wireless Carplay and Android Auto?

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Wait. If the Gladiator is getting Nacho and Gecko, that means the Wrangler might be getting those too!! :LOL::like:
Sponsored