Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Even if all that changes is uConnect 5 I would be good with it. I just think it's time for some revisions or updates to the platform.

I still think they don't want to update to MY 2022 until after the current car show circuit because they don't have the manufacturing capacity to show off that many new Jeeps at once. I mean, would they drive you around a loop in a 2021 but then have a single 2022 on a pedestal on the convention floor? I just don't know.
Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'll admit, if I jump in & order a '22 JT as soon as I can, and next spring they announce a straight-6 twin-turbo hybrid, I will be a bit jelly. But I would be shocked if that happens, more like they stick the 2.0L in there or to a lesser extent the current 3.6L + hybrid.
I suppose there is a reasonably good chance they continue to skip earthy colors, in that case I am not sure what I'd do lol
I have to say I probably would be jealous as well if a new engine was released next year. At the same time though I would prob hold off from that engine for a couple years in case there are any kinks to work out, unless it has been in the Stellantis line up, but I highly doubt it. But then again jeep has had history with a inline 6 before. But I truly doubt that is coming this year.

Even if all that changes is uConnect 5 I would be good with it. I just think it's time for some revisions or updates to the platform.

I still think they don't want to update to MY 2022 until after the current car show circuit because they don't have the manufacturing capacity to show off that many new Jeeps at once. I mean, would they drive you around a loop in a 2021 but then have a single 2022 on a pedestal on the convention floor? I just don't know.
I think itā€™s time for a couple revisions as well, but I would be perfectly fine if it was only uconnect 5. Really want that wireless car play or Android auto with out having to use an adapter. I would love to see a power rear window as well for the hard top. But I highly highly doubt we would get that. And I think itwould be cool to have a vinyl floor like the bronco too.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Oooo yes @Jglad15 power rear window! Best $$ I ever spent on my current truck.

As for engines, I'll only be disappointed if they add a Hemi after I've ordered.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Oooo yes @Jglad15 power rear window! Best $$ I ever spent on my current truck.

As for engines, I'll only be disappointed if they add a Hemi after I've ordered.
Yeah man!!! A 5.7 would be sweet, but hopefully not being raped for it at the same time. Maybe like a 3k up charge. Lil cheaper than the diesel. Iā€™m getting antsy as shit. I already have method 701s for it in my basement and a set of bfg k02s in my shed. I really wanna order a lift and shocks but god forbid they change something in the suspension. Was looking at falcon shocks and they are starting to be really hard to come by. I called teraflex customer service yesterday to ask them some general questions and they said they are on a 25 week lead time! I also ordered the rock jock carrier spacer bearing from 4wd.com and itā€™s on back order and they canā€™t fill the order so they transferred the order to rock jock. Not that Iā€™m in a rush haha, but just insane how long it is for parts right now.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Yeah man!!! A 5.7 would be sweet, but hopefully not being raped for it at the same time. Maybe like a 3k up charge. Lil cheaper than the diesel. Iā€™m getting antsy as shit. I already have method 701s for it in my basement and a set of bfg k02s in my shed. I really wanna order a lift and shocks but god forbid they change something in the suspension. Was looking at falcon shocks and they are starting to be really hard to come by. I called teraflex customer service yesterday to ask them some general questions and they said they are on a 25 week lead time! I also ordered the rock jock carrier spacer bearing from 4wd.com and itā€™s on back order and they canā€™t fill the order so they transferred the order to rock jock. Not that Iā€™m in a rush haha, but just insane how long it is for parts right now.
I'd imagine it would be more than 3k premium for it, I could see Jeep stretching out the current setup longer than a couple years, they are good at it.

Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I'd imagine it would be more than 3k premium for it, I could see Jeep stretching out the current setup longer than a couple years, they are good at it.
Suggests a cheap upgrade engine is less likely: 1) none of the other midsize trucks have powertrains substantially more powerful/more performant than Gladiator; 2) in many auto segments engine upgrades are nonexistent or cost more than $3k; 3) corporate fuel economy averages

Suggests a cheap upgrade engine is more likely: 1) Gladiator's Wrangler platform mate now has an arch-rival which does have a cheap and substantial powertrain upgrade; 2) FCA/Stellantis offers an upgrade engine in...I believe every other RWD vehicle where they offer the Pentastar, including in Ram 1500 where it's cheap; 3) 4xe and other -EV offerings provide an outsized impact in fleet averages

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
There's no reason not to offer the 5.7 IMO. It won't poach sales from any other line, either. You can get a 5.7 in something else for much cheaper. I'd love to see it as an option on higher trims for ... $5,700?

Back in the day you could get identical powertrains in the Ram and Dakota. Didn't seem to be a problem for them.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When I started this thread, I never imagined that we'd be getting close to August with zero information on 2022s.

Oh well, I've grown very fond of the Hydro Blue color so I'm happy. Though, IF they do release Anvil I'll be ticked off. Haha!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
MAYBE with the 'Dune' movie coming out later this year... šŸ˜

I wonder what the odds are that Jeep makes the Recon (I refuse to acknowledge the 'Xtreme' moniker) package available for the Gladiator for 2022? šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Last edited:

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
MAYBE with the 'Dune' movie coming out later this year... šŸ˜

I wonder what the odds are that Jeep makes the Recon (I refuse to acknowledge the 'Xtreme' moniker) package available for the Gladiator for 2022? šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž
Seems like they would given the platform similarities and the fact that it was designed to handle 35s from paper, but the cooling issues are so pervasive and pronounced... It seems like just about anything that might require additional cooling is a no-go without a major front end redesign whenever (if ever) the next gen is released in... 7-8 years?

I don't think the straight six is super likely either for similar reasons. FI means heat. Also, the nose is really short. It's been announced as going into platforms that also come with the Pentastar, so not impossible, but it seems like a potential packaging issue.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Two threads, same screen shot:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/possible-ā€˜22-models.46899/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/ā€˜22-models-on-mopar-site.46898/

So... 4XE is a no? Wasn't expecting a V8 or turbo straight six, but the 4XE had something at least to suggest it... Kind of a bummer. I was hoping my cynical take that it was a photoshop screwup in the ad department was just cynicism, but maybe not. Or maybe they just haven't actually accidentally released anything...

C_de_B-thejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6
Two threads, same screen shot:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/possible-ā€˜22-models.46899/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/ā€˜22-models-on-mopar-site.46898/

So... 4XE is a no? Wasn't expecting a V8 or turbo straight six, but the 4XE had something at least to suggest it... Kind of a bummer. I was hoping my cynical take that it was a photoshop screwup in the ad department was just cynicism, but maybe not. Or maybe they just haven't actually accidentally released anything...
Not a photoshop, check the site yourself. Sorry for the double-post, got overexcited when I found it and finally joined the forum to share. I was holding off my order in hopes of 4XE or even an eTorque option. Maybe itā€™s just a placeholder page, with more to come at the NY Auto Show šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I know it came from Jeep, I meant a photoshop job within Jeep's marketing department. That's the norm for the industry. They have a handful of photoshoots with actual vehicles, then photoshop them in all sorts of "active" and "adventure" and "spirited" locations and poses. They can also change various options at will. If some ad monkey was told to put a 4Xe in whatever "exuberant" locale, and pulled the dash image from the wrong file to put 4Xe details on, you would end up with a 4Xe Gladiator that was never meant to exist.
Sponsored