First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Farout was the Earl Grey Diesel concept in 2020 before the release of the EcoDiesel... So yeah... Plausible that AI picked it!
close, but that one was called the WAYout.

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon FarOut: Exclusive Limited-edition Marks Final EcoDiesel Gladiator Production Jeep-Gladiator-Wayout-Concept-2

Jeep-Gladiator-Wayout-Concept-12.jpg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I paid $57k for a loaded diesel gladiator rubicon. So not $55k but pretty close. I think MSRP was $64k. ‘21. Only have 26k on it but it’s been solid. Love the torque. Still prefer it over my 392.

Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I think if I pick up another EcoD it will be in a few years once the lease returns and frequent traders have taken the upfront financial hit.

The dude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I might have to sell my ‘21 JTRD and order one of these to prolong my headaches and happiness

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
I looked at the Diesel but a $10,000.00 premium upgrade in Canada I just don’t have that kind of money hidden under the mattress. Crazy money.

I like the talk about maybe seeing a hybrid that would be interesting as long as it can still work like a truck. And be reasonably priced.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Other than the Farout badge (which is a modification of the Launch Edition) it is off the shelf stuff. RIP Diesel.

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
I’d love a diesel, but if there’s ever been a V diesel that was any good, I’ve yet to see it.
I’m not a huge diesel guy, but when I have bought them, the vees were always down the list in longevity and up in silly problems.

Not a huge v6 petrol fan come to think of it. Oh for the days of the i6
As a Brit, we get some outstanding diesels, the VW/ Audi/ Posche 3.0 V6 Tdi is a belter and in my SQ5 puts out 313bhp and 650Nm (480lb/ft) and gives me 60 in 5.5 secs. Mines currently on 110k and 200k isn't uncommon without issue. They're not all bad!

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
I'd trade my ecoD for the I-6 as well. I"m tired of looking for the oil alone, plus my local store runs out of the DEF I like constantly. Has anyone heard of any issues with the I-6 in other platforms?
Sponsored