Sponsored

'22 JTR Ecodiesel - need recommendations for calibration programmer for larger tires

RKcreative

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR Hard Rock
Hey there,

I upgraded to a 22 JTR Diesel last month from a '17 JKUR Hard Rock. I will be installing a lift and going up to 37s in the next week or two. What do you guys recommend for a calibration programmer these days? I've been looking at Tazer mini, but I've seen several threads with issues. Are there other solutions that are less problematic?
Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I used AEV procal. Not as flashy as the others, but did the job of recalibrating for my 37’s. Plus my local shop had one in stock, so it was easy, haha.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
If you get the tazer, you can program all kinds of things, including showing boost on the instrument cluster, 3rd brake light flash, nav entry while moving, lane change assist, cool down mode (forces fans on max, even while vehicle not running, useful for diesel), foglights always on, even with brights, and a bunch of other stuff.

OP
OP

RKcreative

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR Hard Rock
If you get the tazer, you can program all kinds of things, including showing boost on the instrument cluster, 3rd brake light flash, nav entry while moving, lane change assist, cool down mode (forces fans on max, even while vehicle not running, useful for diesel), foglights always on, even with brights, and a bunch of other stuff.
Thanks for the info! That sounds good. I'll research the tazer some more.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Jscan and AlfaOBD are the two most common, and much less than a Tazer. They don't provide any of the 'Live' features that the Tazer offers.

Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Get the Tazer. Worth the money even if you do nothing more than turning off the auto stop/Start.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Z Automotive Tazer is the way to go, look it up.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Sold my Tazer and went jscan , I like it better

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I use Jscan and it works very well for things that can be programed by a dealer. AlfaOBD is a great tool also but it has not yet been updated to work with the 22 JTs. The Jscan license, an OBD bluetooth adapter, and the needed gateway bypass cable only ended up costing around $70

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Hey there,

I upgraded to a 22 JTR Diesel last month from a '17 JKUR Hard Rock. I will be installing a lift and going up to 37s in the next week or two. What do you guys recommend for a calibration programmer these days? I've been looking at Tazer mini, but I've seen several threads with issues. Are there other solutions that are less problematic?
With the overheating issues the diesels have I went to the dealer to have it reprogrammed when I went to 37s. I don't want to have a warranty issue in the future and Jeep say the warranty is not valid as I had a programmer installed at one time. I know by law they have to prove the programmer caused a failure, but that is a fight I don't want to take on.

SLC Rubicon

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I went with the ECRI. All I wanted to do was adjust speedometer, change tpms threshold, and keep fogs on with high beams. It does that and no issues for the last year on 21 Rubicon Diesel.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jscan and AlfaOBD are the two most common, and much less than a Tazer. They don't provide any of the 'Live' features that the Tazer offers.
Jscan has the ability to boost idle speed............... I've used it. Requires you have your phone or tablet there, and the security bypass cable in place but some of us leave that there now and then anyway.

Seems I ran across a couple of other things either in the works or that I previously didn't know it could do.
But most of all, I like jscan and AlfaOBD for diagnostics, logging and troubleshooting, freeze frame capturing, misfire logging/counts, diagnosing the operation of the fans, oil pressure and more. It will even help troubleshoot your FOB functions if something isn't working correctly.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase