First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
I'd take half these replies with a grain of salt....everyone's opinions will differ, until YOU'VE tried the tires/with how you drive, tow etc..you'll never know. I've heard nothing but good things about BFG KO2's, and they have snowflake rating etc etc. They are one of the TOP A/T tires.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I'd take half these replies with a grain of salt....everyone's opinions will differ, until YOU'VE tried the tires/with how you drive, tow etc..you'll never know. I've heard nothing but good things about BFG KO2's, and they have snowflake rating etc etc. They are one of the TOP A/T tires.
If you don’t drive in mud. They are proven not to clean out well. It all depends on what you intend to do with the tires.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Anyone have knowledge on
GOODYEAR
WRANGLER ULTRATERRAIN AT?
I had the ultra terrain on my Ram. They were very hard. They handled great in the snow, not so great in the rain. I wouldn’t get them on a gladiator. I have the 35” KO2 on mine although I would have got the General Grabber ATX if the wait wasn’t so long.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I had the ultra terrain on my Ram. They were very hard. They handled great in the snow, not so great in the rain. I wouldn’t get them on a gladiator. I have the 35” KO2 on mine although I would have got the General Grabber ATX if the wait wasn’t so long.
I haven't noticed any bad handling in the rain. Must be I drive like an old man. 😁

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Keep in mind the C range 315s are only a 2-ply sidewall while the E range are 3-ply. May not matter but it does in the desert with rocks everywhere trying to ruin your day.

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT MaxTow, 2015 Harley Triglide, GMC Terrain
Occupation
Plumber
C rated KO2's are standard on Raptors. They'll do your JT just fine. I've got 29k on mine.
I had KO2s on my ZR2. Never had a problem but I didn’t feel that they were the best in snow. In southwestern PA we do see our share of snow and ice. Cooper Discovery AT we’re much better in the snow.

Sponsored

Revjonesy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I ordered 35x11.5x17 Toyo Open Country AT3 E load.. Wanted height but not as much width. Wanted to keep them a bit more tucked because the Dana 44s coming on my Sport are wider. Great ratings but we will see.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Between those two, Falken six days a week and twice on Sunday. Better wear, better traction, less noise, and arguably better sidewalls (which is why Falkens are heavy). The KO2 sucks in snow, sucks in mud, and wears poorly if you don't have a perfect alignment.
I've heard some pretty fantastic things about the Falcon AT's -- but the Falcon MT's on my Gladiator were a damn joke in weather (on road, downright dangerous). My Nittos were a pretty large improvement over them from that perspective. I've never had the KO2's in mud, but they do well on street where there's snow. I haven't tried them in mud/snow off road, but I'd imagine they're probably pretty awful.

Overall I just run my KO2's on the street and if I am going on a long wheeling trip where I know I'm going to need a stronger sidewall, I run beadlocks on Nittos. They're acceptable where there's snow on the street, at least. But still not great.

Falcon AT though might be a good middle ground next time. More aggressive AT than KO2, provides coverage for the inclement weather situation, and I don't have to worry about swapping wheels/tires. Once my 392 XR comes in, the Gladiator likely will not do anything crazy anyway that warrants the Nittos and the diesel doesn't seem to give a flying F about weight.

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That makes no sense to think an AT would be good in mud compared to an MT - that's why we have MT's.

I ran AT's and MT's on my Ranger and H2 for decades, depending on time of year and terrain. I still have two sets of tires for my YJ, the Falken AT's are very nice on the road and in snow compared to my KM2's.

I've only KO2's for my JTR because they are fantastic in everything BUT mud, and I don't have the inclination to go looking for that. Lockers make up for a multitude of sins.

I ran original BFG AT's on my Ranger, then the KO's, then Goodyear Wranglers - mistake - went to KO2's. The H2 came with KO's, the KO2's were in fact an upgrade and wore even better.

Grind an axe, fine, but not on a silly metric.

If you don’t drive in mud. They are proven not to clean out well. It all depends on what you intend to do with the tires.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
That makes no sense to think an AT would be good in mud compared to an MT - that's why we have MT's.

I ran AT's and MT's on my Ranger and H2 for decades, depending on time of year and terrain. I still have two sets of tires for my YJ, the Falken AT's are very nice on the road and in snow compared to my KM2's.

I've only KO2's for my JTR because they are fantastic in everything BUT mud, and I don't have the inclination to go looking for that. Lockers make up for a multitude of sins.

I ran original BFG AT's on my Ranger, then the KO's, then Goodyear Wranglers - mistake - went to KO2's. The H2 came with KO's, the KO2's were in fact an upgrade and wore even better.

Grind an axe, fine, but not on a silly metric.
Hammer meets nail

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler YJ BMW 530e
Occupation
Hotel Owner
i have had the Grabbers
they are amazing
Sponsored