First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I think one of the biggest differences in why one tire fits in one JT, but not in another is the exhaust heat shield. It is simply a piece of stamped steel with a fairly wide tolerance. When 32nd‘s matter a tolerance of 8th‘s at best makes a difference. The measured distance from the back of the hitch to the track bar is just under 37” fairly reliably (assuming a stock rear track bar which most people have). Most 37s should fit once you address the heat shield and in some cases air down the tire.

Of course everyone with 37’s also carries an air compressor, right? Of course you do, otherwise you may simply be cruising shopping centers and then a spare really isn’t necessary. Plus, you might not know how to use it anyway...

I jest, please relax.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I think one of the biggest differences in why one tire fits in one JT, but not in another is the exhaust heat shield. It is simply a piece of stamped steel with a fairly wide tolerance. When 32nd‘s matter a tolerance of 8th‘s at best makes a difference. The measured distance from the back of the hitch to the track bar is just under 37” fairly reliably (assuming a stock rear track bar which most people have). Most 37s should fit once you address the heat shield and in some cases air down the tire.

Of course everyone with 37’s also carries an air compressor, right? Of course you do, otherwise you may simply be cruising shopping centers and then a spare really isn’t necessary. Plus, you might not know how to use it anyway...

I jest, please relax.
Just about anyone on 37’s is lifted, and most quality complete lift kits replace the rear track bar. So while most gladiators may have a stock rear track bar, as it pertains to this thread I think more people probably have an aftermarket one.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Then they will have an issue, but the rear track bar is less of an issue than the front for a lift of 3” or less.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
In the tire dimensions I posted in this thread, none of them were measured (except any that may have been provided by those reporting their tires did/didn't fit). I looked up the manufacturers' stated dimensions of the tires and noted them

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Another tire to add to the list that fit is 37 x 12.5 17 Maxxis Trepador Radial mounted on Black Armory 17 x 9.5 wheels. It's tight but it fits at running pressure. I have to add that i have a Rock Krawler 4 link setup in the back as well so that helps :)

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Another tire to add to the list that fit is 37 x 12.5 17 Maxxis Trepador Radial mounted on Black Armory 17 x 9.5 wheels. It's tight but it fits at running pressure. I have to add that i have a Rock Krawler 4 link setup in the back as well so that helps :)
pics?

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How does that Rock Krawler suspension drive? I think I want that.
So much smoother than stock or a standard lift. It makes a huge difference. I have a Fabtech 3 in lift and adding the 4 link from Rock Krawler made if much much better.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Wondering if a 37x12.5x17 Ridge Grappler will fit on the factory spare wheel and if it does, would the assembly fit in the stock location? I have a Clayton Offroad 2.5" lift with their trackbar.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
along a similar not can i mount a 37 x 12.5 on the stock rubicon rims?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
What is the measured diameter of the Milestar 37x12.50xR17? Online shows 36.8, but I'm wondering what actual PSI under a jeep would measure?
I have the same tire and when I measured my 37" Patagonia's weighed down they were exactly 36". Spare tire fits underneath as well. I have my Milestar's on 17" Venomrex 501s.

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
If I take off the heat shield will it melt the tire?

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
So, I'm running the RK 3" lift but retained the factory rear track bar and can tell you that 37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country M/T's don't fit under there ... even aired down, not even close. Guess I'll be looking at their cradle 4-point sometime soon so I can free up bed space

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
This is my first truck.... I'm guessing most people get 5 tires when they go 37's? Then just mount the 5th 37" tire to the spare wheel? Or do you still get 5 wheels and tires like on a wrangler and mount the spare wheel/tire under the truck? :blush:
Sponsored