Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
@KDR83
maybe, the paddle sizes aren't that much different from a stock ruby back button. Yes to wires. You would just pull the wires from the ruby and re run them in the 392 wheel.

Maybe someone who hasn't done the 392 install yet can stick some ruby buttons on it and take a photo?
Sponsored

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Not sure if it's been asked but can I buy the 392 steering wheel and reuse my wiring and the none paddle shift back plates off my rubicon steering wheel? I don't need the paddle shifters but want to replace the steering wheel as I think all the hand sanitizer from 2020 degraded the leather on my heated steering wheel.
If you just want a regular steering wheel I’ll sell you my rubicon one

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
@KDR83
maybe, the paddle sizes aren't that much different from a stock ruby back button. Yes to wires. You would just pull the wires from the ruby and re run them in the 392 wheel.

Maybe someone who hasn't done the 392 install yet can stick some ruby buttons on it and take a photo?
I'm an idiot, the very first pictures in the thread show just that lol

Now I just need to see if $262 shipped from Bam is the best available price.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Well I am weak so ended up ordering everything for the conversion from Bam this morning. Only thing not shown on their website is one of the covers, (68505662AA), where are people ordering that cover even if it's on back order?

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Well I am weak so ended up ordering everything for the conversion from Bam this morning. Only thing not shown on their website is one of the covers, (68505662AA), where are people ordering that cover even if it's on back order?
I ordered both of my covers from BAM.

Sponsored

Threedom

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator & Wrangler JLU
Threedom will have it's Gladiator, with Paddle Shifters installed on it and other Threedom product offerings installed on it, displayed at our booth on vendor's row at Jeep Beach 2022 / Daytona Beach Speedway, this coming Fri. and Sat. 4/29 & 4/30.

Please, stop by and say Hi ......and take a look at our JT/JL product offerings.... that will be on display and available for purchase there.. We will also be taking orders.

We'll also have all of our products offerings for the JK displayed and available for purchase.
We are planning to have caps available there for the early year TJ, too.

We will have the paddle shifter kits for JL/JT displayed and maybe even some available for purchase.

We really look forward to seeing you there...

Steering Wheel & Paddle Shifters Retrofit Kit

https://mythreedom.com/products/392-paddle-shift-kit

Jeep Gladiator 392 Steering Wheel Retrofit as45

Last edited:

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok. I've been off the forums for a little bit... and I step in and see this!

I have all the parts in my cart and have a question (more of a confirmation after reading all 27 pages)

This will work on a sport, correct?

And if I don't currently have heated steering (no CWG) will this add the ability to do so via the Tazer?

THANKS A BUNCH!

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I finally got around installing the paddles. After the install I noticed that the volume button is very loose To the point that it will most likely rattle when driving. so before taking the paddle off, can it be tighten up or the whole paddle needs to be replaced?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I ran into the same issue, just pull the paddle out and press the back of the button board into the front of the housing, the button board snaps into the housing and can pop out of the snap if over tighten. I found a happy medium tight that still let everything sit nice. You also might put a little bit of super glue on the snaps. Seam to keep the pieces from separating, but do that at your own risk.

You can remove the paddle button without having to reremove the steering wheel

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Threedom will have it's Gladiator, with Paddle Shifters installed on it and other Threedom product offerings installed on it, displayed at our booth on vendor's row at Jeep Beach 2022 / Daytona Beach Speedway, this coming Fri. and Sat. 4/29 & 4/30.

Please, stop by and say Hi ......and take a look at our JT/JL product offerings.... that will be on display and available for purchase there.. We will also be taking orders.

We'll also have all of our products offerings for the JK displayed and available for purchase.
We are planning to have caps available there for the early year TJ, too.

We will have the paddle shifter kits for JL/JT displayed and maybe even some available for purchase.

We really look forward to seeing you there...

Steering Wheel & Paddle Shifters Retrofit Kit

https://mythreedom.com/products/392-paddle-shift-kit

Jeep Gladiator 392 Steering Wheel Retrofit as45
So I finally got funds to do this and now they’re sold out :facepalm:

Any chance you’re going to do more of these kits?

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I ran into the same issue, just pull the paddle out and press the back of the button board into the front of the housing, the button board snaps into the housing and can pop out of the snap if over tighten. I found a happy medium tight that still let everything sit nice. You also might put a little bit of super glue on the snaps. Seam to keep the pieces from separating, but do that at your own risk.

You can remove the paddle button without having to reremove the steering wheel
Thanks. I was able to fix it based on what you mentioned.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Did anyone else's HVAC stop working properly immediately after installing the new steering wheel?

After changing the wheel, when I reconnected the batteries, the theme on the touchscreen changed. (Not sure if that's a symptom or whether it's expected.) I went ahead and started the engine to check that everything was working properly, and the HVAC temperatures I got when I used the up and down arrow buttons on the dash are displayed as either HI or LO, and the air it blows is HOT unless I turn on Max AC. If I try to adjust the temperatures using the sliders on the touchscreen, the numbers change, but go right back to LO when I take my finger off of the screen. This happened even before I activated the paddles using JScan.

Now that I have activated the paddles using JScan, they are working as expected. As far as I can tell, all of the buttons on the front and back of the wheel are working as expected as well. There are no HVAC-related codes showing up in JScan. But the HVAC is still behaving as above.

Also a whole bunch of Setup screen menu items are missing, like "Safety/Driving Assistance", "Aux Switches", etc. Seems like either having the wheel connected is confusing things, or the computer didn't appreciate the loss of power.

I've disconnected the batteries again, and I'll let it sit for a couple of hours before I reconnect and try again. So weird!

Last edited:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Did anyone else's HVAC stop working properly immediately after installing the new steering wheel?

After changing the wheel, when I reconnected the batteries, the theme on the touchscreen changed. (Not sure if that's a symptom or whether it's expected.) I went ahead and started the engine to check that everything was working properly, and the HVAC temperatures I got when I used the up and down arrow buttons on the dash are displayed as either HI or LO, and the air it blows is HOT unless I turn on Max AC. If I try to adjust the temperatures using the sliders on the touchscreen, the numbers change, but go right back to LO when I take my finger off of the screen. This happened even before I activated the paddles using JScan.

Now that I have activated the paddles using JScan, they are working as expected. As far as I can tell, all of the buttons on the front and back of the wheel are working as expected as well. There are no HVAC-related codes showing up in JScan. But the HVAC is still behaving as above.

Also a whole bunch of Setup screen menu items are missing, like "Safety/Driving Assistance", "Aux Switches", etc. Seems like either having the wheel connected is confusing things, or the computer didn't appreciate the loss of power.

I've disconnected the batteries again, and I'll let it sit for a couple of hours before I reconnect and try again. So weird!
What year is it and what does your ecm look like?
Sponsored