Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Anyone have any luck getting the gear to indicate on the dash?
I’ve been working on it on and off for a couple weeks with no luck so far. some people on Charger and Challenger forums have mentioned the same problem on their cars when adding shifters or changing the cluster, depending on vehicle trim (or trim of the donated cluster). I haven’t given up yet, but I’m not confident we’ll be able to pull it off unfortunately.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Anyone have any luck getting the gear to indicate on the dash?
I purchased an FCA Micropod II and subscribed to Witech & Tech Authority (both required to access and program the computers). I have been poking around in the modules and have learned that the Witech for the aftermarket is not as feature-rich as the dealer subscription. I am not able to add sales codes or change the coding ala cart, at least to the degree required here.

My next step is to see if I can recode the BCM using a VIN from a 392 Wrangler. Well, I know I can recode the BCM, but I don't know if it will work in the Gladiator then..... Uncharted territory.....

I hope Zauto will be able to unlock additional functionality with their efforts using the Steering wheel kit I gave to them.

I haven't given up yet. The other item I haven't dug into is whether the electronic shift module (ESM) is different between the 392 and Gladiator. As far as I can tell, this is part of the shift mechanism.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
3-D printing might be a good option for those little switch covers. Unfortunately i don’t have a 3-D print.
1. i’m thinking of cutting a plastic piece :) or
2. melt plastic in playdo mold :)

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Kit from Threedom

Two questions

1) What are the chances this kit will not work with my JT Sport S NON-Max Tow

2) What OBD dongle is recommended. I'll be using JScan App for iPhone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MNDZLJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Diesel
Occupation
Jeep Technician
Good idea, I have a Durango SRT and Challenger SRT, I'll check, but the paddles are very different right off the bat, so It's doubtful...

Also, I did this project and it works like a charm. The only thing is that the gear indicator disappears when shifting with the paddles if you don't move the shifter to the left, which is odd and counterproductive. Shifting with paddles in an SRT vehicle instantly indicates the gear on the dash automatically.

Bonus, the bronze/brown wheel stitching mathes my year old brown/black leather project perfectly. Looks like it came from the factory like this. (Sport S Gobi Max Tow)

Jeep Gladiator 392 Steering Wheel Retrofit 8DDC75E9-B143-4940-ACA0-DE33E0E3AD92

i found the switch covers...see above

MNDZLJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Diesel
Occupation
Jeep Technician
I purchased an FCA Micropod II and subscribed to Witech & Tech Authority (both required to access and program the computers). I have been poking around in the modules and have learned that the Witech for the aftermarket is not as feature-rich as the dealer subscription. I am not able to add sales codes or change the coding ala cart, at least to the degree required here.

My next step is to see if I can recode the BCM using a VIN from a 392 Wrangler. Well, I know I can recode the BCM, but I don't know if it will work in the Gladiator then..... Uncharted territory.....

I hope Zauto will be able to unlock additional functionality with their efforts using the Steering wheel kit I gave to them.

I haven't given up yet. The other item I haven't dug into is whether the electronic shift module (ESM) is different between the 392 and Gladiator. As far as I can tell, this is part of the shift mechanism.
I have full access to the dealer system and am semi local to you

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
USAF
Well boys my time and my digging paid off. Here’s the switch covers
That's awesome! Just ordered mine. Strange that one cover is like $15 and the other was like $2. Then, of course shipping is another $15. Oh well.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Well boys my time and my digging paid off. Here’s the switch covers.
Order in! Out of curiosity, how did you find them? I spent hours digging and came up empty handed every time.
Sponsored