Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Paddles fit the rubicon heated wheel perferctly. Threedom covers also fit the openings perfect!

Now to reinstall the wheel and program the paddles.
20220620_144640.jpg
20220620_144634.jpg
Did you have to do anything special to get them to fit, or did they just pop on? Assuming you need the harness too? I’m thinking this might be the route I go since the non matching stitching of the 392 wheel will probably kill my OCD.
Sponsored

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Did you have to do anything special to get them to fit, or did they just pop on? Assuming you need the harness too? I’m thinking this might be the route I go since the non matching stitching of the 392 wheel will probably kill my OCD.
Nothing special. I bought the harness and paddle kit from Threedom. These were direct replacement for the factory switches.
Threedom has some YouTube tutorials on what needs to be done with the harness swap and the programming to turn them on.

I ended up using Jscan to turn them on because I found out afterwards I didn't have the cruise switch connector fully seated to use the Tazer.

Even after reseting all modules and clearing codes it still took a couple key cycles for the HVAC controls to start working again.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing special. I bought the harness and paddle kit from Threedom. These were direct replacement for the factory switches.
Threedom has some YouTube tutorials on what needs to be done with the harness swap and the programming to turn them on.

I ended up using Jscan to turn them on because I found out afterwards I didn't have the cruise switch connector fully seated to use the Tazer.

Even after reseting all modules and clearing codes it still took a couple key cycles for the HVAC controls to start working again.
Awesome sounds good. I thought I had read/heard there was some issue with getting the paddles to fit the wheel correctly that required some modification, but if not even better. Probably will go ahead and order the stuff then.

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Awesome sounds good. I thought I had read/heard there was some issue with getting the paddles to fit the wheel correctly that required some modification, but if not even better. Probably will go ahead and order the stuff then.
I think that was fitting the switches on the Mojave wheel. The only issue I had was I had overtightened one side and the paddle wouldn't click correctly. Loosened the retention bolt slightly and paddles are working consistently.

Dieseltech89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator RUBICON gobi
Occupation
Aerospace
Can someone post part numbers for 392 wheel harness and paddles or what else is needed? Thanks

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner

Dieseltech89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator RUBICON gobi
Occupation
Aerospace
68487852 AB RH paddle
68487853 AB LH paddle
68531086 AA Wiring
68505662 AA RH cover
68505663 AA LH cover
thank you by chance have the 392 wheel part number I’m looking on the pets diagram but not sure which one there is like 11 wheels

Sponsored

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
thank you by chance have the 392 wheel part number I’m looking on the pets diagram but not sure which one there is like 11 wheels
Here you go ..Post #1 in this thread : Steering Wheel: 7FD41TX7AA

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Anyone know if jscan updated their paddle activation settings to resolve the disappearing gear indicator if paddles are used in Drive?

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Anyone know if jscan updated their paddle activation settings to resolve the disappearing gear indicator if paddles are used in Drive?
I don’t believe anyone has figured out how to do that so far. Most of us are leaning towards it being something the software in our clusters just doesn’t support.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I wonder what happens when a 392 uses paddles in drive. I know there was 1 or 2 guys here that had 392's might have to find them and ask.
Sponsored