Sponsored

4500lb max towing with manual trans on Rubi

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’ve tried politely visiting four different dealerships with concise questions. My god! Car salesmen are consistently completely full of shit. Each experience has been nothing but patiently tolerating obvious lies and attempts at dishonesty. it’s very trying when you’re just looking for a fair transaction.

If Costco can’t do this I’m not sure what’s next. My tolerance for talking to another scumbag salesman is running thin.

I would like to give them money. In exchange I would like a vehicle. That’s all. I wish there was some hope that this could be done without swallowing all over there lies. It’s not so much the lying that bothers me. That’s what car salesman do. It’s that they’re not even creative about it which I find so insulting.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I test drove a manual trans JLUR yesterday and it was interesting. Very light pedal. Long before it actually grabs. Still fun as heck, but the dealer acted like I was crazy asking about it considering how good the auto supposedly is.
Well only 10%-15% of people buy manual transmission on a Wrangler in the US - which is still way higher than any other vehicle I know of. So you can't blame his surprise. I love the manual transmission in my JLU.

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
I too am disappointed by this. I really want the manual but I want to be able to tow.
I too am tempted to go with the manual anyway but I will probably have to occassionally tow a boat out of a lake and the boat ramp would be an aweful place for clutch failure.

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious where you guys are getting the documentation from. I'm just trying to figure out the numbers for towing in general, and it would be nice to have the full page to look at.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ