Sponsored

67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Followup on the Proclip mount and dock, after a few months of usage and hundreds of dockings/undockings... It's solid, even off road. It just doesn't move. Easy in and out. Not ugly and obtrusive like the 67 Designs/Bulletproof, and you can still fully use the tray (which I do for a few things). Its adjustable placement let me slide it around a bit before locking it down, for perfect reachability and view while driving.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Here is my bullet proof Setup . Trail camera/dashcam (hard to see in middle, iphone 5 set on loop mode), iPhone 11plus Mount (iphone took the picture) and iPad 11” mount. Hard to see but GoPro mount just behind iPhone mount. All done with two double ball mount. Can still put stuff in center depending on configuration.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 9293B441-4A6A-4D38-A981-3610B68B5AA1

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
The Multimount arrived and I've been using it for a couple days.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? A9491B81-1B44-4658-AEB1-ED56F70C3663

Install took 3 minutes, popped off the upper control module where the volume, temp and UConnect control knobs are housed. I've got interior removal tools so just wedged it out and pulled it out of the clip mounts.

Once out, removed the grab handle screw and slid the mount in. Reinstalled and tightened everything down and done.

It's sturdy and doesn't move. Holds my Pixel 3XL horizontal and vertical and doesn't block the screen. It does block the passenger vent if you have it aimed at the driver. Might be heat issues if it's aimed at the back of the phone in winter. Max width seems to be about 5.5in.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 44FBBB5F-7546-45A9-A3E4-06657CCF44C7

That's a medium drink cup. The grip is decent, not completely sure if it will hold in extreme circumstances like a hard brake or offroading. The horizontal grip is not complete, I can pull the drink out straightway with a bit of a tug. A drink container that's uniform in shape holds much better but I would not trust it offroading.

It holds a full-size handheld radio no problem but I'd recommend securing it with the belt clip onto the back of the mount.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Just installed my Ram tough track on my Gladiator and thankfully no drilling just use existing two screws in the top dash. Been using Ram mounts for years and never a problem. I put the GoPro in the center as you can see. Highly recommend if you need something like this.

https://www.rammount.com/search?query=RAM-DT-204-TRACK-A12U

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 44FBBB5F-7546-45A9-A3E4-06657CCF44C7
Hold up! RAM Mounts has entered the ring? So basically I just keep using all my RAM stuff... makes this a no brainer. Though it doesn't look as sexy as all that carbon fibre... and $40 for the rail vs $160? Pshaw... thanks for sharing this link.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
It's difficult to compare the difference between 67 Designs and Bulletproof, we need your opinions on both or pictures.

I purchased the 67 designs one originally. I chose the magnet option since my phone was too large for any of the clamps they offered. The magnet lasted 6 months before it stopped working. It would not hold anymore. Fine, I reached out to 67 Designs since they offer a lifetime guarantee. Their solution was for me to purchase a new clamp they now had available for an addition 35 dollars. WHAT? they sold me a defective product and the solution was for me to spend more money?

Long story short and dozens of emails back and forth, including them accusing me of not installing parts not included in the kit, I found the solution. I purchased the clamp from Bulletproof.

Bulletproof were the Nicest folks I could deal with. Told them my story and not only where they happy to help and gain another customer, but they send me swag and offered me a discounted price.

Lesson learned. I will NEVER do business with 67 designs again. They don't know how to treat their customers. Happy with the clamp Bulletproof sent. Quality is the same plus their customer service is spot on.

Save your money, and any potential headache if the product is defective.

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Can anyone talk about whether any of these rattle off-road?

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Can anyone talk about whether any of these rattle off-road?
I have the 67 designs with the universal phone holder and it works great and does not rattle offroad.

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Hold up! RAM Mounts has entered the ring? So basically I just keep using all my RAM stuff... makes this a no brainer. Though it doesn't look as sexy as all that carbon fibre... and $40 for the rail vs $160? Pshaw... thanks for sharing this link.
No kidding. Have RAM on my motorcycle and such a solid product. Don't buy from Amazon. Apparently, lot of counterfeit for RAM. Buy direct.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I just put a RAM on my adventure bike, and it's totally solid off-road. It's a light-ish bike and gets a lot of vibration. I buy it all from Amazon, don't really care if it's counterfeit if it all works.

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? IMG_1039

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I just put a RAM on my adventure bike, and it's totally solid off-road. It's a light-ish bike and gets a lot of vibration. I buy it all from Amazon, don't really care if it's counterfeit if it all works.

IMG_1039.jpeg
Good for you. Two of counterfeit RAM mounts broke within few months ordering from Amazon. But they were on motorcycles too. Never again from AMZ!
But love the RAM mount. No two ways about it.

Last edited:

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
No rattle whatsoever for me.
Just bought and just returned the Offroad Aestetics multimount.
Really wanted to like it but it had to go back. If you have a plus size phone with a case it will fit but it will shake like a bobble head just pulling out of your sub. Metal is too thin to support Plus size phone weight. Google search will tell you it's not good for your $1000+ smartphone or smartphone camera to get constant vibration. Couldn't even imagine how bad it would be offroading. Cost me $25 in round trip shipping to learn the hard way.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I posted a mount that doesn't have any vibration issues on or off road, even with my wife's plus size phone. I carry the regular iPhone Pro, she has the Max.
Sponsored