First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Nope. I’m satisfied with the performance of my Mojave. Also, the way truck MSRPs are rising, by the time the Hurricane gets here, it‘ll make for a 100k Mojave lol. No thanks, mine is just fine.
Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
No way! Love this JT and dreamed about if for a long time. Does everything I need and want.
You can keep chasing the latest new thing forever!!!! It never ends.

Plus if they put that new ugly grill on oh my God!!!!!

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I love a inline 6 have run the full span from a 76 CJ7, 80 Wrangler, two TJs. But I don't think I want two turbos. Maintance expense possible reliability issues as it ages. At the FD we ate turbos on diesels on a fairly regular bases.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
Current plan is to swap an inline 6 turbo into my '22 Gladiator when the time comes...but it'll be an oil burning 5.9 cummins inline 6 :rock:

Honestly though, I think times will be changing in the next 5-10 years regarding automobiles. My 2015 JK is a stick shift, manual doors/windows, basic as can be. The '22 Gladiator I have ordered is similar: stick shift, manual doors/windows, with a 7inch friggin screen and backup camera stock. When it comes time for me to purchase another new vehicle around say 2030ish, I have a feeling there won't be anymore manual anything for sale. It'll all be HEAVILY electronic, battery operated, plug in EVs that are missing the "soul" of a real automobile. I'm interested to see what Jeep does to keep the pizazz within the Wrangler/Gladiator lineup. When that time comes I'll probably just embrace the complexity and accept it as the new norm.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
It looks like in the next few years we will be getting a Hurricane engine in the JT's with a huge HP jump.Possibly better MPG. By then most of us will have our JT fully modded. Question is will we be willing to spend the thousands and start over to get the new I-6 engine with the twin turbo. More HP and better MPG is great but the twin turbo will add some level of being more complex. The way things have changed in the last 3-4 years I don't want to think about what it will be then. But things are going to change the question is will we be changing with those changes. I probably will if the funds are there. New cars are my vice.
I doubt it’ll give better fuel economy being more powerful

Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Already had a Hurricane in a Jeep. My CJ-3B and all the M38A-1s I’ve had. Those old jeeps would go 0-60 in…….well maybe next week sometime 🤣. Actually these had the Super Hurricane engine with intake valves in the head and exhaust valves in the block. The original Hurricane was a 4 cyl flat head.
interesting they would use the hurricane name for the new 6 cylinder instead of Tornado after the 6 cyl OHC engine Jeep had in the ‘60s.

I’m sticking with the V6. Simple, reliable and coupled to a manual transmission.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
But maybe it will. 🤡 Why not drop $60k+ for a new vehicle just to gain another MPG or two? lol.

People that aren’t satisfied with the current crop of Wrangler and Gladiator vehicles fuel economy must not have been around back in the TJ days, lol.

bl1ndman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTR EcoDiesel
But maybe it will. 🤡 Why not drop $60k+ for a new vehicle just to gain another MPG or two? lol.

People that aren’t satisfied with the current crop of Wrangler and Gladiator vehicles fuel economy must not have been around back in the TJ days, lol.
Its not just the fuel economy, there is also how it drives. My JK was the worst vehicle I have owned in that regard. Not having to flog the engine just to get up a small hill is nice. I hated driving my jk so much a bought another car to daily

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
An I-6 has 7 main bearings. A V-6 has 4.
Most do, not all do. And the i6 crankshaft is a lot longer and more prone to torsional effects.

Why not? The 3.6 is far more economical than the 4.0 ever could be and yet is more powerful.
Efficiency can gain power without loss of MPG.
They upped the HP and torque on the 3.6 and at the same time took it from under 20 mpg in the Grand Cherokee to about 25 mpg (and that's with the same driver)

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Its not just the fuel economy, there is also how it drives. My JK was the worst vehicle I have owned in that regard. Not having to flog the engine just to get up a small hill is nice. I hated driving my jk so much a bought another car to daily
4 cylinder or 6? Manual or auto? Stock tires and suspension?

The 3.6L with the 8 speed auto is great, in my opinion. It’s peppy enough for what it is and the shifts are quick and smooth. Could they offer a peppier option? Probably, but I wouldn’t pay a premium for it unless we’re talking a grand or so for a 5.7L HEMI.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I won’t replace mine just to get the motor. I am more than happy with the Pentastar. With the price of a new truck and starting over on mods, I would probably look at a 5.7 swap instead, IF I had motor concerns by then.

bl1ndman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTR EcoDiesel
4 cylinder or 6? Manual or auto? Stock tires and suspension?

The 3.6L with the 8 speed auto is great, in my opinion. It’s peppy enough for what it is and the shifts are quick and smooth. Could they offer a peppier option? Probably, but I wouldn’t pay a premium for it unless we’re talking a grand or so for a 5.7L HEMI.
3.6 with the 5 speed auto. Its all in the shape of the torque curve. The 3.6 all up high and gutless down low. Thats whats great about the ecodiesel.