Sponsored

Adding Auxiliary Switch Kit

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks for your pic, but I still think there is a difference, if you look at A6 in your photo, there looks to be more than 4 wires, I am aware of the two you indicate (A4 & A5) but they are not what I am referencing.

Here is what I am basing my post on below: (Not my PHOTOS, copied from different forum page) Although it states 2018 JL, part number matches the MOPAR part number for JT.

jeep-acc-jpg.jpg

Aux Switch 1 F93 - 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 2 F92 - 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 3 F103 - 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 4 F108 - 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)

When I get my Gladiator back tomorrow I will post pictures of my wiring harness then for comparison.
Sponsored

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)

When I get my Gladiator back tomorrow I will post pictures of my wiring harness then for comparison.
So wires 5 & 6 appear to be in the harness for convenience, but have nothing to do with the Aux Switches.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
So wires 5 & 6 appear to be in the harness for convenience, but have nothing to do with the Aux Switches.
This is my understanding as well. Unfortunate, since I'd like to have the 2 extra power wires as well.

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
maybe so, not sure, but would like to have them for that convenience... two additional connections available would be a nice feature for these switches, examples could be drive cams and such wired in but not using one of the 4 switches... I am still quite satisfied that this option was able to be added after the purchase, just trying to understand the logic behind after purchase kits and factory installed kits (wiring differences I mean)

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
maybe so, not sure, but would like to have them for that convenience... two additional connections available would be a nice feature for these switches, examples could be drive cams and such wired in but not using one of the 4 switches... I am still quite satisfied that this option was able to be added after the purchase, just trying to understand the logic behind after purchase kits and factory installed kits (wiring differences I mean)
The two extra wires under the dash are a convenience feature added by Jeep when the Aux switch kit is ordered from the factory. They are not part of the Aux switch kit. The battery feed is brought to the inside of the cab to make it easier for those that need it. Getting wires through the firewall is no easy task after the truck is built. I would guess the logic is those that don't order the Aux switches are less likely to be installing accessories in the cab that need a permanent power source.

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Would have been nice though, guess that the perks of buying pre-installed... if needed I will fish them in later...

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Goddammit. How does @JeepCares explain this? This limitation is not disclosed in the Mopar kit.
What limitation isn't disclosed? Sounds like aegiscpo's buttons dim like the factory installed ones do, you might just have an issue with yours?

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My switches were installed after the purchase by the dealer... IIRC you had issues getting yours flashed, might be an issue still relating to your install and or flash procedure.

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
As I found out, the dealer installed aux switches did not come with the two additional wires (BATT & ACC).

However looking at the fuse diagram, BATT is fused by F72 10AMP and ACC is fused by F50 10AMP, so my question is, if I were to use an Add a Fuse pigtail and run a wire along the aux wire bundle into the cab area, would this work? In theory since they are fused with the add a fuse tap, I would think this should work without any programming of flash by the dealer requirements, am I wrong in my thoughts? Has anyone tried adding these wires to mimic the factory built harness? Thanks.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I installed the auxiliary switches this weekend. With the included instructions and a couple of youtube videos it was fairly easy. I had to make a tool to get the included fender rivets installed. Then I used the Tazer to activate the auxiliary group...no need to go to the dealership. Works great.
I bought a jscan, once I turn it on with the scanning tool I wont need a dealership flash right?

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought a jscan, once I turn it on with the scanning tool I wont need a dealership flash right?
Correct. You use a security bypass cable, the bluetooth module and the JSCAN app with a VIN license to allow the radio to "see" the switches.
Sponsored