First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
I'm looking to add a switch bank to my Mojave. I found the kit for the Mopar one that costs $759. Anyone have any input on this? Seems tricky to install and I can only guess at what Jeep would charge me to install it.

Alternatively, what, if any, other options are people using? Auxbeam has been recommended.

TIA.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I'm looking to add a switch bank to my Mojave. I found the kit for the Mopar one that costs $759. Anyone have any input on this? Seems tricky to install and I can only guess at what Jeep would charge me to install it.

Alternatively, what, if any, other options are people using? Auxbeam has been recommended.

TIA.
Gahhh, that's like SPod or SwitchPros money. As a $400 option in a factory build it's worth it, but not as an add on after the fact, holy gheez. Start from the beginning of this thread, lots of options suggested.

JulesAo

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
Gahhh, that's like SPod or SwitchPros money. As a $400 option in a factory build it's worth it, but not as an add on after the fact, holy gheez. Start from the beginning of this thread, lots of options suggested.
Yeah, mine was a demo the owner drove around so I was surprised that option wasn't on it already. At $400, sure. At $760 not including labor...ugh.

Sponsored

JulesAo

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
I looked at the Switch Pros yesterday and called to ask some questions. They said their panels work without relays or fuses.

are they worth the price tag?

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I looked at the Switch Pros yesterday and called to ask some questions. They said their panels work without relays or fuses.

are they worth the price tag?
Yes...ish? Depends on your needs. If you just need one or two items and no special functions the lasfit switches or the voswitch are probably the best bang for the buck.

Switchpros and SPods are the high end stuff. 6, 8 or 12 circuits, solid state, input triggers, programable features, etc... some need it, for some its overkill. Quality is excellent though.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Yes...ish? Depends on your needs. If you just need one or two items and no special functions the lasfit switches or the voswitch are probably the best bang for the buck.

Switchpros and SPods are the high end stuff. 6, 8 or 12 circuits, solid state, input triggers, programable features, etc... some need it, for some its overkill. Quality is excellent though.
I will second this. I have two of them, one in the cab for lighting control and one in the bed for camping things control. It is definitely expensive and has a lot of neat features and like said, overkill for most. But what I really like about it despite the overkill and price is it is a really really small footprint. So that makes it easy to mount just about anywhere. Compared to the other options that are much cheaper and relatively simple, but big and bulky. The size factor alone is what sold me

JulesAo

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
I will second this. I have two of them, one in the cab for lighting control and one in the bed for camping things control. It is definitely expensive and has a lot of neat features and like said, overkill for most. But what I really like about it despite the overkill and price is it is a really really small footprint. So that makes it easy to mount just about anywhere. Compared to the other options that are much cheaper and relatively simple, but big and bulky. The size factor alone is what sold me
Ok, I like that it's quality, I generally am ok paying for quality. The OEM switch panel for the Mojave is about the same price and it's only 4 switches. Auxbeam has an 8-switch panel for a lot less, under $150, but no idea what the quality is like. I doubt I'll miss the extra few hundred bucks in the long run.

I have pod lights front and rear, a light bar for the front bumper, eventually a light bar on the roof/over the windshield, and a winch. There could be more stuff coming, so an 8-switch panel is my preference.

Switch Pros recommended a mount that goes on the A-pillar just under the grab handle. Not sure where the Auxbeam would mount to, and of course, the OEM panel would go in the blank spot in the dash where it should have been.

I guess it's the under-the-hood stuff I'm less familiar with.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
t I'll miss the extra few hundred bucks in the long run.

I have pod lights front and rear, a light bar for the front bumper, eventually a light bar on the roof/over the windshield, and a winch. There could be more stuff coming, so an 8-switch panel is my preference.

Switch Pros recommended a mount that goes on the A-pillar just under the grab handle. Not sure where the Auxbeam would mount to, and of course, the OEM panel would go in the blank spot in the dash where it should have been.
switch pros also has a mount option (made by SDHQ) for under the OEM light switch, IF you do NOT have the bed mounted 120v plug. This is what I did, it seems fitting for all the light's to be in the same location. It is a little hard to see, but I dont find myself constantly turning lights on and off. And you get used to them by feel after a while.

Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_8273.JPG

Their standard underwood mount puts it right next to the battery. Its ok. But PowerTrays makes a much better mounting option to free up space by the battery.
Jeep Gladiator New auxiliary switch bank IMG_9736.JPG

Sponsored

JulesAo

First Name
Jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Occupation
International Art Thief
So many options. I kinda like the Switch Pros, but not sure I need it. It's probably about an extra $500, not that it would kill me.