First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Are y'all installing these lifts yourself or taking it to a shop to do it? I like to think I'm pretty handy and the instructions don't seem too difficult. But watching some videos on youtube everyone says to have a helping hand to get the springs back in place.
I'm moving in a couple of weeks and plan on getting it done once I move. So I wont have a buddy to help right away.

If you did it yourself did you have help? Anything I should know that you ran into that would've made it easier?

If you took it to a shop, what should I expect to pay?

Thanks!
I did mine on a Willy’s but same steps. I’ve done a few basic lifts but first time on a jeep. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine. Make sure you have all the right tools including a torque wrench. I also used some harbor freight spring compressors installing the rears back in. My brake lines seemed pretty tight with the axel dropped.
When I inquired about my local dealer installing the mopar kit in my wife’s wrangler, they wanted about $600 which does most of the same steps. I thought it was pretty reasonable.
Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Just wanted to see if everyone is still happy with their AEV lift...Having a tough time deciding between this and something from EVO....I know the money isn't the same but just wanted to see if any complaints have started to come up.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Does anyone here still have their stock sway bar end links? Could I get a measurement center to center?

I purchased my truck used with the AEV lift already installed, or at least part of it installed.
What I can't tell is if I have the AEV links or not.
I don't see a Mopar number on them, so I'm hoping they put the AEV ones on.

They didn't do geometry brackets or the drive line spacer, but I've done them since.

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
Just wanted to see if everyone is still happy with their AEV lift...Having a tough time deciding between this and something from EVO....I know the money isn't the same but just wanted to see if any complaints have started to come up.
I am very happy with mine and have no reason to upgrade the suspensin further. It rides and handles great. I have no squeaks or rattles and I run 37" BFG AT's and they look just right. I would not hesitate to install it again.

Hank

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
Does anyone here still have their stock sway bar end links? Could I get a measurement center to center?

I purchased my truck used with the AEV lift already installed, or at least part of it installed.
What I can't tell is if I have the AEV links or not.
I don't see a Mopar number on them, so I'm hoping they put the AEV ones on.

They didn't do geometry brackets or the drive line spacer, but I've done them since.
I kept the old ones. The rears are about 12" and the front ones are 6 - 9/16" as measured by my photos:

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

Sponsored

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
Thanks!
Are they stamped with the Mopar part number that you can tell?
Some more photos. Hard to see. But there appear to be some faint numbers in yellow along the lenghts of the connectors. The front: "AC QE3B" and the rear: "QHGA". but there may be a missing or faded away "AC" infront of that. Also some numbers on the bushings.

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Some more photos. Hard to see. But there appear to be some faint numbers in yellow along the lenghts of the connectors. The front: "AC QE3B" and the rear: "QHGA". but there may be a missing or faded away "AC" infront of that. Also some numbers on the bushings.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2" spacer lift for Mojave Gladiator IMG_2867.JPG

Thanks again, sir!
My rear ones were marked with something like M1220 in more visible lettering. Or something like that. I can't get to it at the moment. A contractor has removed my back deck. LOL

Sponsored

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I am as well. I thought I was going to be perfectly content with just a 35 inch tire. But after dragging the belly a lot in Moab I’m going to go ahead and do this 2 inch lift.

And then most likely before my next trip to Moab I’ll jump up to 37s with a re-gear and the front locker.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I am as well. I thought I was going to be perfectly content with just a 35 inch tire. But after dragging the belly a lot in Moab I’m going to go ahead and do this 2 inch lift.

And then most likely before my next trip to Moab I’ll jump up to 37s with a re-gear and the front locker.
Never been to Moab but with my very little experience I’m in complete agreement with you. I’m definitely on the same path.

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Southeast Michigan here and definitely not the terrain of MOAB, but I am jealous. It’s my daily driver and actually… the only vehicle I drive and with a 60 mile round trip work commute. Swapping stock tires/wheels at merely 88 miles, I do not even know of the “performance” impact there was, but I’m perfectly OK with said 35s. 100%
For me… this time… it’s a fashion over function thing. Hah!

Last edited:

CGilly6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I did mine on a Willy’s but same steps. I’ve done a few basic lifts but first time on a jeep. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine. Make sure you have all the right tools including a torque wrench. I also used some harbor freight spring compressors installing the rears back in. My brake lines seemed pretty tight with the axel dropped.
When I inquired about my local dealer installing the mopar kit in my wife’s wrangler, they wanted about $600 which does most of the same steps. I thought it was pretty reasonable.
$600 and I might just have someone else do it! haha that's not bad at all.
Spring compressors seem to be the must have tool so if I decide to tackle it myself I'll have to pick some up along with a good torque wrench! Thanks for the input!
Sponsored