Aftermarket Bed Outlet Installation

WesMills7

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey everyone. I have a question about the bed outlet that can be added to the bed of the JTs. I ordered a Gladiator, but the dealer didn’t order it with the Cargo Management and Trail Rail group. Now I’m in a crappy situation because I’d really like to have that package, but I really don’t want to have to wait on another order.

Can this package be added on with aftermarket parts with the same expectation of it coming from the factory? My dealer offered to have the outlet installed, but I’m just worried I won’t get what I was expecting.

I’m not sure what goes on under the hood to make this package happen, so if someone can list exactly what I should expect to have with this package that would be awesome. I want to know as much as possible so that I can ensure the dealer doesn’t screw it up even more. Thanks!
Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
They'd have to also install the 400W inverter. I can't imagine that's an easy process using OEM equipment but I could be wrong.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone. I have a question about the bed outlet that can be added to the bed of the JTs. I ordered a Gladiator, but the dealer didn’t order it with the Cargo Management and Trail Rail group. Now I’m in a crappy situation because I’d really like to have that package, but I really don’t want to have to wait on another order.

Can this package be added on with aftermarket parts with the same expectation of it coming from the factory? My dealer offered to have the outlet installed, but I’m just worried I won’t get what I was expecting.

I’m not sure what goes on under the hood to make this package happen, so if someone can list exactly what I should expect to have with this package that would be awesome. I want to know as much as possible so that I can ensure the dealer doesn’t screw it up even more. Thanks!
There's a thread here somewhere where someone tried to add the outlet. The wiring harness needed to make it work is not there. The wiring harness for the 120v bed outlet is only installed if the option is factory ordered.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I'd love a huge wattage outlet. Like 1,500. I was gonna use the interior one to run a kettle one night in Yosemite but it was only 400w and the kettle was 1,200.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase