Sponsored

Question about adding outlet to bed

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Can't say if anyone here has, but there's no reason it can't be done via JSCAN or even AlfaOBD because it's an option, so will be a yes/no selection in the configuration files likely in the BCM.
But would it be a permanent write to the Jeep or a temp one like the Taser? If my understanding is correct, using JSCAN makes the write permanent. If enabled via taser it would disable and reenable by the marry unmarry process? Is that correct?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
But would it be a permanent write to the Jeep or a temp one like the Taser? If my understanding is correct, using JSCAN makes the write permanent. If enabled via taser it would disable and reenable by the marry unmarry process? Is that correct?
These are essentially on/off switches in the computer. The programming device sets them the way you want and leaves them that way.

The Tazer is a little different. It makes a map of all the settings when it is married to the vehicle. If it is just unplugged, the settings remain. If it is unmarried, it returns the settings to the state they were in using the map it made when it was married.

Some are using Jscan or AlfaOBD to make the desired changes before installing the Tazer. This way the changes don't have to be done again after every dealer visit.

If you are not buying for the 'Live' features and just need a programming device, Jscan and AlfaOBD setups are better options than the Tazer is.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
These are essentially on/off switches in the computer. The programming device sets them the way you want and leaves them that way.

The Tazer is a little different. It makes a map of all the settings when it is married to the vehicle. If it is just unplugged, the settings remain. If it is unmarried, it returns the settings to the state they were in using the map it made when it was married.

Some are using Jscan or AlfaOBD to make the desired changes before installing the Tazer. This way the changes don't have to be done again after every dealer visit.

If you are not buying for the 'Live' features and just need a programming device, Jscan and AlfaOBD setups are better options than the Tazer is.
This - ↑↑↑↑↑

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
400w in the bed is nonsense. If you have aux switches, add a real inverter to the bed using one of the 40a switches. If you don't have aux switches...add them and do same.

The 400w inverter is nice in the cab. The bed? Pathetic.

That's just like my opinion man. I've added a lot of OEM options to my truck but a 400w factory inverter connection in the bed isn't useful.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
400w in the bed is nonsense. If you have aux switches, add a real inverter to the bed using one of the 40a switches. If you don't have aux switches...add them and do same.

That's just like my opinion man. I've added a lot of OEM options to my truck but a 400w factory inverter connection in the bed isn't useful.
It's useful if you have it there. My Overland came with it factory installed. I don't think it's worth the effort to try and add the outlet and connect it to the factory inverter.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Good for charging portable power tool batteries, small fan, but nothing of consequence.
If I had one, I'd use it - if I needed one, I'd not extend the factory inverter back there.
Sponsored