Sponsored

ALL Steering gear orders (NOT) cancelled !!!

OP
OP
MrZappo

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Well then that seems to be a totally different issue and one I put on the dealership, not FCA. Dealership installed the wrong part...they need to own up to that with Jeep and do whatever they need to do to fix....
Yes ...

Yes

They are doing the right thing and have tried 3 times to order the part ... They cant get one although they keep getting dates like I am ... And on that date the part does not show up ... Or they get a new date ...

The most recent folly is this announcement that all orders are cancelled ...

The dealer did screw up ... Royally ...

But it is FCA who is standing in the way of them making it right ...
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
That is a BS response ... Wanting my steering fixed while I continue to make monthly payments is in no way linked to COVID or any deaths ... What the heck are you talking about ???

All I expect is clear honest communication ... Instead I (and we) get BS dates that are missed time after time and company line BS ...

Just tell us what to expect. If it is 6 months than say THAT ... Whatever ... People can deal with the truth, no one likes being strung along ...

People are dying ? Please ...
Many of us that ordered Gladiators very early (ordered mine two weeks after they opened the order banks for the LE) experienced this type of wishy washyness from Jeep. I would have ordered mine no matter what, but knowing the day I placed the order it would take 4 1/2 months and they would mess up my order once, would have been nice to know up front. Knowing it was not going to come with a trailer brake controller even though I ordered the Tow Package again would have been nice to know. Knowing that they had supply issues with the steel bumper would have also been nice to know. But FCA chose to let dealerships and GM's try to manage this with what seemed like lies and misinformation...the roll out was pretty bad in my opinion. Ford has been pretty upfront with the Bronco orders and the timelines in my opinion. I love my Gladiator, but Jeep did not impress me with the roll out. I however did get my steering box in less than 2 1/2 weeks. I am sorry to those being strung along by their dealerships.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes ...

Yes

They are doing the right thing and have tried 3 times to order the part ... They cant get one although they keep getting dates like I am ... And on that date the part does not show up ... Or they get a new date ...

The most recent folly is this announcement that all orders are cancelled ...

The dealer did screw up ... Royally ...

But it is FCA who is standing in the way of them making it right ...
I get they are trying to order to resolve the TSB....which in your case might be the problem....I assume they have already ordered the steering box for your VIN and they installed it, albeit the wrong part.......If and I say if since I don’t know this dealership....but if they are trying to order another for your VIN to fix the TSB Steering issue instead of saying ...hey Jeep we screwed up and ordered and installed wrong part....Jeep may be saying ...hey dealer you already ordered that part and we are not going to re-send......just a thought.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I just talked to my service rep. He said I am 3rd in line on the repair and should see the parts in December.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
im still just sitting back watching before I have mine done. A fix for the fix now? Ill let everyone else be the guinea pig first.
I think that "fix for the fix" stuff was a either a misunderstanding or typical dealer misinformation. The guinea pig phase is over...either your dealer knows what they're doing and want to help you or they don't have a clue and won't help you anyway. Scan the posts of those who have had it done and the vast majority are very glad they did it and happy with the results. That said, if you're happy with your Jeep's performance, leave it alone. Regardless, it can't hurt to get on the "list". If you name comes up and you still don't want it, I'm sure there will be someone behind you glad to get the part.

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Mines getting bought back for p300 misfire and I thankfully don’t need to broach this issue because of it. I will say though I hate the car and my dislike grows for FCA daily.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I had the same issue with my 2015 Renegade when the tyranny went out within a month of buying it brand new. Kept on giving me dates when the tranny would get there and they kept pushing it back. Now I've had many issues with the dealership but this was not their problem. They could only get it from one place and that place put me on a wait list with a "estimate" on when it would come in. Point is right or wrong it's a supply issue. They only allocate a certain amount for replacement parts and since it's not an official recall the parts wanted will never catch up to the parts needed. I'd like to echo a previous post. This is what happens when there is a run on parts when most just want the part as opposed to needing it.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
1951 Chevy 1/2 Ton daily driver
1985 3/4 Suburban daily driver
1987 Wagoneer winter beater

When it warms up it drives like my 51 Chevy did. When it's cold you barely notice it and it makes you think you are imagining the whole thing.

Dont forget 90% of you never drove solid axle rigs in yr life much less a jeep. heard about this steering problem via internet and just think you gotta have the new box if you actually need it or not. I honestly dont blame them.

OP
OP
MrZappo

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Mines getting bought back for p300 misfire and I thankfully don’t need to broach this issue because of it. I will say though I hate the car and my dislike grows for FCA daily.

Im sorry that has happened to you ...

In my case, I love the truck. It has been great all around with the exception of this issue ... And even this issue (pain in the ass that it is) would be no problem for me had they simply set expectations accordingly and given honest, reasonable, and believable updates with any basis in reality ...

The "expected" dates really seem like somethin that they use to pacify people ... How can you miss a date 5 times unless the date really does not mean anything ?

And lets face it, most people buying these trucks are successful people .. Most are smart ... Most are not the kind of people who enjoy BS or being pacified ...

Say what you mean and mean what you say ... Simple formula ..

Im to the point that each time I am given a date I just laugh ... So unnecessary to have policies and/or communication protocols that allow for it to get to this point ...

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Wow...., glad I got mine done early. I was a little worried probably being the first one for my dealership but then again the thing would need tons of correction to the steering wheel to drive before. It's much better after. Now if they would just fix the electrical issues with the radio and hvac

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I think that "fix for the fix" stuff was a either a misunderstanding or typical dealer misinformation. The guinea pig phase is over...either your dealer knows what they're doing and want to help you or they don't have a clue and won't help you anyway. Scan the posts of those who have had it done and the vast majority are very glad they did it and happy with the results. That said, if you're happy with your Jeep's performance, leave it alone. Regardless, it can't hurt to get on the "list". If you name comes up and you still don't want it, I'm sure there will be someone behind you glad to get the part.
whats with multiple dealers cancelling part orders now and being told to not do the TSB at the moment? Ive seen multiple people state that.

I plan to eventually get it...im just not in a hurry yet.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
whats with multiple dealers cancelling part orders now and being told to not do the TSB at the moment? Ive seen multiple people state that.

I plan to eventually get it...im just not in a hurry yet.
"Cancelling part order...being told to not do the TSB"...I interpret this as a combination of typical dealer misinformation, incompetence and CYA where they give previously ordered parts to other customers or cover mistakes they've made otherwise. It seems the overall TSB impact was underestimated and mishandled by FCA and their dealer network and now they're struggling to catch up. Couple this with dealer ego, $$$ and "judgement" and you get the chocolate mess you see now. It will sort out at the expense of customer loyalty and patience. Good luck...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
That is a BS response ... Wanting my steering fixed while I continue to make monthly payments is in no way linked to COVID or any deaths ... What the heck are you talking about ???

All I expect is clear honest communication ... Instead I (and we) get BS dates that are missed time after time and company line BS ...

Just tell us what to expect. If it is 6 months than say THAT ... Whatever ... People can deal with the truth, no one likes being strung along ...

People are dying ? Please ...
Covid affects suppliers. If you run a business, you probably know, unless you are in an area where it is not spiking. When people get quarantined or sick, production slows or can even stop.

So high demand plus Covid = backlog and problems. They may actually be trying to streamline things so you get it faster than you would otherwise.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I will be dropping off my JT at my local dealer. I referred them to the TSB and mentioned that the steering just feels way too loosie at highway speeds and needs constant correction to keep it straight. Will see what they say.

Please file a Vehicle Safety Complaint at NHTSA to raise awareness of this problem with our JTs.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
Sponsored