Sponsored

Alternative to trail rail package?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Anyone have any ideas of current companies that make a rail type of system for a truck bed or have plans to make one for the Gladiator?

I figure I don't need the outlet because it has one inside the cab and can always get aftermarket boxes for underseat storage. I don't think the package is worth $800 so I'm looking for aftermarket alternatives. I'm wondering if it bolts up to existing holes or will need to be drilled when installed.
LMAO, on the cheap, use a forster bit on some stips of plywood, bolt on then put screw in eyelets wherever you want.

I'm going to look into that L track though as I'll most likely get the decked setup
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
LMAO, on the cheap, use a forster bit on some stips of plywood, bolt on then put screw in eyelets wherever you want.

I'm going to look into that L track though as I'll most likely get the decked setup
Forster bit is to countersink the bolts

Sponsored

Pprzyby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2020 Gladiator Sport S
Okay here i go. Go to lows in the electric materials get some rail for industrial mounting of equipment. This costs about 16$ a 10 ft joint. check the bolt size in the bed side. Then buy some Allen head cap bolt that fits the nut. Cut and measure to size. To mount equipment get spring nuts in the size you want to use, then use some acme instructions to assemble, Cut, bend, fit to suit.
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know the thread size for the tapped holes in the back of the bed (Closest to the cab). I was thinking to just thread some eye bolts in there to create some upper tie downs. Any ideas? I have no way of knowing, except to go buy a bunch of bolts and keep trying.
Thoughts?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
8x1.25? I’m just taking a wild ass guess here.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Now that I think of it, you could do something similar yourself a lot cheaper, however running an electric outlet on another inverter would be time consuming. I am sure there will be people making aftermarket storage bins for under the seats. Nice idea OP

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Oh god no.

The other option is have the dealer look at the parts film for the bed and tell you what hardware FCA specifies.

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know the thread size for the tapped holes in the back of the bed (Closest to the cab). I was thinking to just thread some eye bolts in there to create some upper tie downs. Any ideas? I have no way of knowing, except to go buy a bunch of bolts and keep trying.
Thoughts?
The threaded features in the bed are an M6x1.0 I believe.

Matt

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Nice --- AMP accessory.... LOL
Me like too . . . now this gives me another option to "TENT IT" with the tailgate down, the Fiberglass tonneau up and the newly Fabricated, Industrial strength Velcro'd TENT Adaptation, of my current Kodiak ground tent - to be "converted" later, so I can Camp in my own unique style ! ! ! Hard to believe MOPAR doesn't have yet .

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
You can buy the Mopar Bed Rails as an accessory and bolt them in yourself. I did this on my Gladiator Sport S.
Cheers
Sponsored