First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
finally got around to this mod on my alu camp table.

also i used the table when caping my 10 pointer I just got in Michigan.

RIVETS.jpg
What did you do?
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Isn't it obvious? :giggle::giggle: I rivited the plastic leg plugs into the legs so they don't fall out.
l’m still working on my second cup of Black Rifle coffee this am so I’m still a little fuzzy..now I’m going to have to go out and check mine!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
l’m still working on my second cup of Black Rifle coffee this am so I’m still a little fuzzy..now I’m going to have to go out and check mine!
If yours was like mine, all four plastic plugs fell out the first time I used it. Luckily I found them and put them in the center console.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Alu-Friends! Man do I hate the locks/handles that came with our Toppers..... One of them I cant even get the key in to lock anymore.
Anybody found any solutions to lube the lock, make the spring more powerful so it opens when cold? 4 out of 6 of mine don't like to open when its cold, and all 6 suffer from moisture freezing in them, so when the weather hovers anywhere near 32 during the day I know I may experience issues.

Its come to the point I don't even latch my rear 2, the gate stays closed (on mine anyway). The rear two froze one day rendering my truck bed unaccessible.... =(

Hope ya'll are doing well. I've got some more updates to do on my truck, hoping to share later this spring/summer. :sun::jk::turkey:

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Alu-Friends! Man do I hate the locks/handles that came with our Toppers..... One of them I cant even get the key in to lock anymore.
Anybody found any solutions to lube the lock, make the spring more powerful so it opens when cold? 4 out of 6 of mine don't like to open when its cold, and all 6 suffer from moisture freezing in them, so when the weather hovers anywhere near 32 during the day I know I may experience issues.

Its come to the point I don't even latch my rear 2, the gate stays closed (on mine anyway). The rear two froze one day rendering my truck bed unaccessible.... =(

Hope ya'll are doing well. I've got some more updates to do on my truck, hoping to share later this spring/summer. :sun::jk::turkey:
I'll add to this by asking what product to use on the back door handle mechanism on the canopy camper — mine is very squeaky after lots of rain.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator

+1 to this. Really hard to operate my back 2 and the slide cover will not slide shut anymore

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll add to this by asking what product to use on the back door handle mechanism on the canopy camper — mine is very squeaky after lots of rain.
are you sure its the handle mechanism that's squeeky and not a seal? Can you post a photo of the handle mechanism? I think most on this thread have the straight up topper kind, not the camper one like you do.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 to this. Really hard to operate my back 2 and the slide cover will not slide shut anymore
ohh, i also bought the fold down side thing and haven't even installed it yet, as it wasn't even fully engineered IMO. I still have to do a write up on how it sucks and how i'll fix it.

i think they call it a folding prep table:
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 1617294835105

I will praise them on the camping table though, that thing has been nice, I pop-riveted the plastic leg caps to the aluminum legs so they didn't fall out, but that has been sweet. also the rails are great. I need to figure out some shelves or something for my "cupboard" if stuff pushes against one of the handles locking arms, it doesn't like to release the handle.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
ohh, i also bought the fold down side thing and haven't even installed it yet, as it wasn't even fully engineered IMO. I still have to do a write up on how it sucks and how i'll fix it.

i think they call it a folding prep table:
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 1617294835105

I will praise them on the camping table though, that thing has been nice, I pop-riveted the plastic leg caps to the aluminum legs so they didn't fall out, but that has been sweet. also the rails are great. I need to figure out some shelves or something for my "cupboard" if stuff pushes against one of the handles locking arms, it doesn't like to release the handle.
Where did you order this from?
Sponsored