Sponsored

Anatomy of the oil cooler and filter housing.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I'm curious on why the diesel utilized bypass valve at the filter. If it's safe to do so, can you push some zip ties through all those ports and take some pics inside the filter area and where it exits? This will help determining it function.
I am currently tracking down a leak- somewhere around the oil cooler/filter housing area…. The photos here are very helpful, and I just so happen to take a filter apart today…. So resurrection with a contribution…. 😂🤣

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg
Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I am currently tracking down a leak- somewhere around the oil cooler/filter housing area…. The photos here are very helpful, and I just so happen to take a filter apart today…. So resurrection with a contribution…. 😂🤣

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg
Unlike the Ecoguard, this one appears like a very good copy of the oem filter. Both cap and valve 👍🏼

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Unlike the Ecoguard, this one appears like a very good copy of the oem filter. Both cap and valve 👍🏼
Uh, yeah... dealer charged $108 for this OEM copy….🍺👍🏼

Jeep Gladiator Anatomy of the oil cooler and filter housing. image

IMG_4129.jpeg

Last edited:

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Diesel Filters online has them for 54 + shipping.. got my last one there for my first oil change there.

https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com...m-1500-jeep-wrangler-jl-with-3-0l-diesel.html
Thanks, I was kind of in a pinch visiting family. Jeep decided to have issues here… it was just in the shop not too long ago for a timing cover gasket leak, valve cover gasket leak, and cam sensor leak :|…. Assuming the tech over tightened the filter and it finished cracking now?? Made a huge mess. So several cans of parts cleaner later…. I am not sure if it’s done leaking, something else still might be leaking?? Or it’s just residual I am finding traces of still… 🤷🏽‍♂️ sucks- but the dealer had one in stock and Autozone had oil! After seeing this tread looking for images of the cooler assembly- I had always thought the relief spring was built into the cap…. (Until finding the photos here) So I popped it off to see why they sell this as a unit and not as a cartridge like VW/audis and more….

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
The oil pressure switch- has anyone taken this off and or know the wrench size? Assuming there is a crush washer on this sensor? When removing this- assuming, oil in the filter housing will drain out?
Thanks in advance for any info anyone has 👍🏼🍺

IMG_4216.jpeg

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The oil pressure switch- has anyone taken this off and or know the wrench size? Assuming there is a crush washer on this sensor? When removing this- assuming, oil in the filter housing will drain out?
Thanks in advance for any info anyone has 👍🏼🍺

IMG_4216.jpeg
No crush washer. Normally a taper thread. Yes, oil will come out. How much........don't know. When you install the sensor. Use a thread sealant. Tape or paste.
Sponsored