Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I will be adding as well after my next trip to harbor Freight.. don't have any skateboard shops around my location... where did you pick it up ? how did you lay it down ?

Edit: I see you put it in between every bar, looks like you wrapped it completely around.
I bought mine from Amazon. They've warn a little faster than I thought they would though, so I'm not entirely sure I would recommend them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X7MJJXD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The strip is 2" wide and I'm happy with that size. All I did was cut equal lengths of it off the roll and then cut a curve on the corners. They are just laid on top, they don't wrap around the whole bar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Spent the last couple days working on prepping and ceramic coating the jeep. Process wasn't overly difficult, just much more time consuming than I originally anticipated.

Excited to see how the coating holds up over time, been wanting to do it for a while now.

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220703_114010-01

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220703_114255-01-01

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Pretty happy with the hydrophobic properties of the coating, definitely a difference compared to waxes I've used in the past on other vehicles. Hopefully it will stand the test of time.

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Just a couple random videos from the first time taking the Jeep on some dirt a few weeks ago. Was taken with my dashcam which had some troubles while I was out there. Mainly, anytime I hit a hard bump it thought I got in an accident and because of how often that happened I think it got confused and some footage was lost.

Nothing super exciting, just a newbie getting a feel for things. Hoping to learn more and get a better handle on the Mojave's capabilities as time goes on.

Hopefully the quality came out okay, I compressed them with a random app on my phone to get them to upload.

Random Valley

Trying about some mid level speed since the Mojave should be able to "take it". Had better luck on some other trails there, but the footage got lost.

Needed the rear locker for the third video (had dome failed attempts), otherwise it was just 4wd high/low the rest of the time. The hill doesn't look as big to me in the video compared to real life, but I think that happens by nature on dashcam footage.

One thing I will say, is that I wish I could always keep it in offroad+ mode. Completely changes the shift points and throttle response. Almost feels like sport mode in some other vehicles I've driven.

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Happened to come across on a deal for a rubicon steel bumper. Long term I was looking at purchasing an aluminum bumper and winch but I couldn't pass it up. Probably going to keep it in stubby config. Has me shopping for a winch earlier than expected though. Thinking about the smittybilt x20 10k for a good price/size/weight combo.

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220717_123229-01

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Scored a free trail rail that was pulled off my friends truck before it was sold. He didn't have the mounts for it so I ended up buying a couple different styles that were designed for a Tacoma.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8N6FFZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TVKHNBG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Was worried the install would be difficult due to the oem bedliner so I bought a thread chaser. No issues bolting it up after chasing the threads.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T6JC9K0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220727_062433-01

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220727_062402-01

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220727_062420-01

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220727_062408-01

Although I don't have plans for what I'm going to use on it yet, it's nice to know I have it now. Also nice that it doesn't conflict at all with the tonneau cover.

I had decided against the option when purchasing mainly because I didn't want the locking storage under the seat (it's significantly smaller than the non-locking version). I also eventually want to add a power outlet to the bed, but one significantly more than 400w.

Last edited:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Pretty happy with the hydrophobic properties of the coating, definitely a difference compared to waxes I've used in the past on other vehicles. Hopefully it will stand the test of time.

Spent the last couple days working on prepping and ceramic coating the jeep. Process wasn't overly difficult, just much more time consuming than I originally anticipated.

Excited to see how the coating holds up over time, been wanting to do it for a while now.

Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220727_062408-01

I applied the same coating as you did over a year ago and it’s been through Colorado and Moab on a cross country trip and it’s still holding up great. About every 6wk intervals I apply reload on it.

Here is a picture in the morning a few weeks back after a light rain over night.
After a wash it’s nice to get the Ego 650cfm leaf blower out and blast all the water off. :LOL:
Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA E6EB26AE-1CCA-4381-BBB2-B836E1EFDEAF

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I applied the same coating as you did over a year ago and it’s been through Colorado and Moab on a cross country trip and it’s still holding up great. About every 6wk intervals I apply reload on it.

Here is a picture in the morning a few weeks back after a light rain over night.
After a wash it’s nice to get the Ego 650cfm leaf blower out and blast all the water off. :LOL:
Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA E6EB26AE-1CCA-4381-BBB2-B836E1EFDEAF
Glad to hear yours is holding up well.

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Been slowly cleaning it up and taking it apart the rubicon steel bumper I bought used (man, those tow hooks are a PIA to get out). Once I find a winch, I'll be installing it on my Mojave.

Backyard spray painting the whole thing to cover up the minor scratches already on it (Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating). Will be nice to have a guaranteed paint match as well if (actually, more like when) I scratch it up off road. So far I've gotten the skid plate pretty much done, the brush/grill guard, and have just started the first coat on the bumper itself.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Best model and best color. I approve 😁
I agree with the color.... but..... lol just messing, the Mojave is great , but I'm really loving my Diesel. If I still lived on the west coast, I would have definitely considered the Mojave.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I keep a stool next to mine as well.... lol I ordered my RH-4x4 rails a couple months ago and I just received them a couple days ago. I love them..... haven't installed them yet, but they are nice and appear very high quality and worth the $$... They are bigger and more substantial looking in person.
UPDATE: Got them installed ! Made my life so much better, I can actually drive the JTRD now... no step stool needed.. lol
Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220704_183710

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I agree with the color.... but..... lol just messing, the Mojave is great , but I'm really loving my Diesel. If I still lived on the west coast, I would have definitely considered the Mojave.
The diesel was definitely tempting. If the daily commute was longer I would be more inclined to look at the diesel, but I know small trips are not great for it and most days its driven < 5 miles, sits for 4-5 hours, and then drives another 5 miles back home. The gas engine probably doesn't even warm up in that amount of time, much less the diesel. If there was a 4xe variant of the gladiator I likely would have gone that direction.

OP
OP
arskemp

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
UPDATE: Got them installed ! Made my life so much better, I can actually drive the JTRD now... no step stool needed.. lol
Looks great, still loving mine.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Looks great, still loving mine.
Yeah, I think they are the best option out there.. not the cheapest... initially I said the OEM rails looked bulletproof, but I needed a step.... when I got these, they make the OEM seem like wet noodles.. plus additional protection and functionality.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Scored a free trail rail that was pulled off my friends truck before it was sold. He didn't have the mounts for it so I ended up buying a couple different styles that were designed for a Tacoma.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8N6FFZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TVKHNBG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Was worried the install would be difficult due to the oem bedliner so I bought a thread chaser. No issues bolting it up after chasing the threads.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T6JC9K0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.

Although I don't have plans for what I'm going to use on it yet, it's nice to know I have it now. Also nice that it doesn't conflict at all with the tonneau cover.

I had decided against the option when purchasing mainly because I didn't want the locking storage under the seat (it's significantly smaller than the non-locking version). I also eventually want to add a power outlet to the bed, but one significantly more than 400w.
Teraflex makes some really nice ones, but they aren't cheap.... $50+ for two.
Jeep Gladiator Andrew's 2022 Sarge Green Mojave - Northern CA 20220716_151037
Sponsored