Any issues to report?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Pause at 5:14. Looks like the questionable frame welding that plagued the JL is now seen on JT as well. There were pages and pages about this on the JL side, and a member there even had one of his brackets come off the frame. :facepalm:

Dude, that was like 700 frames, was caught and corrected as you know. Are Glad frames from the same supplier? Doubt the same mistake would be made 2x . Of course anything is possible

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
It looks like a 10 year old boy laid those welds, so they're easy to see. But.........

You should see the welds on my JLU. They look like swiss cheese, especially on the rear frame.

JTwelds.jpg
I'd say create a separate thread for this. It definitely deserves it, given the JLs issue.

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
I'd say create a separate thread for this. It definitely deserves it, given the JLs issue.
Wow, that's unbelievable. After the JL issues, you'd think they would QC every single one. Better get their **** together. I would not pay 40+ grand for that!

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
It looks like a 10 year old boy laid those welds, so they're easy to see. But.........

You should see the welds on my JLU. They look like swiss cheese, especially on the rear frame.

JTwelds.jpg
When I was with Maserati they released a campaign where our techs had to check every car that came though because there were incomplete welds in the suspension. Luckily we never saw any but i know of dealers who did see some. It looked like they started the weld then i guess went for a pee break or coffee break and never came back hahaha.

Sponsored

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
WXman is correct -- Jeep should have corrected (by now) those terrible/crappy welds

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If you're referring to the documented welding issues, in which a JL owner had his track bar bracket shear off the frame without even taking if offroad, and in which Jeep has been replacing entire vehicles in some cases and having the frames re-welded in others, then I would suggest that your comment is the unfounded speculation. People have been discussing this for over a year, and there've even been official FCA TSBs issued on it.

The welds on that control arm bracket in the video above look exactly like the poor welds on the JLs. That's all I'm saying.
The rear end of the JT is different than the JL.

To say, "look the jt has welds and so did the JL, and the JL welds failed" is like saying, "look Yugos had engines and sucked, this JT has an engine, so its going to suck".

We won't know until they get put through the paces. Lets not start worrying about the welds at this point until they start failing.

Yes I agree those welds look crappy, and i've only welded a few times. No stacked dimes there.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Pause at 5:14. Looks like the questionable frame welding that plagued the JL is now seen on JT as well. There were pages and pages about this on the JL side, and a member there even had one of his brackets come off the frame. :facepalm:

Not likely to have similar frame issues as the JT. different frame manufacturer.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Here's one. Probably something stupid but just wanted to post . From the Jeep gladiator Facebook page..

Screenshot_20190515-130028.png

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
My windshield is whistling slightly. Going to fold it down and reseat the tops and see if it goes away, otherwise it goes back to the dealer. Never had any whistling on my JLUR.

Sponsored

2020Jeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just shy of 500 miles and good, no complaints other then the ridiculously oversize key fob.
Key fob blows, big and key comes out of fob frequently which makes it bigger. Windshield crack, at about 600 miles, 900 now and everything else has been fine. Waiting on new windshield

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Any broken frames yet, lol....

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired

Not seeing it, nothing wrong with those welds IMO. As for a bracket coming off the frame then that would certainly be a warranty issue and a probably recall notice. That said, throw a set of BFG KM2 37's and a set of Walker Evans Beadlocks and you are spinning about 137 lb per wheel, multiply that at about 70 mph and you got some serious weight being spun around. Or take into the rocks and jam that tire and force it to turn. Gonna bet that the member abused his Jeep to get that to happen

Glad4life

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 fj40, 80 Toyota pickup, 12 Honda covic
3 issues for me.

1. Passenger inner front fender keeps falling down and rubbing on the tire. Tore it up already.
2. My adaptive cruise control and cruise control has shut off on me twice.
3. Started it up to take off and put it in D and it locked up and would not move. Display said I had to put it in gear.

900 miles on 2 days.

AE6AD48A-8395-453D-BF47-CAE721C026EC.jpeg

E6896D2A-DE8C-47FE-B0B4-C55364901696.jpeg

Jace

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 ram 3500 Laramie, 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 2008 Jeep unlimited Rubicon, 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, and many more

This started happening on my way home from the dealer.
Sponsored