Any issues to report?

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Key fob blows, big and key comes out of fob frequently which makes it bigger. Windshield crack, at about 600 miles, 900 now and everything else has been fine. Waiting on new windshield
I was looking online for the common JL key fob issue. Take a look at this silicone case on Amazon. they seem to be happy with it per review.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2S1ZTG/
Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
FCA, so much for real world product testing...

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Makes you feel bad like this...

f22d9b7f2ad40fb0dcd08fb320ceda05.jpg

Jace

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 ram 3500 Laramie, 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 2008 Jeep unlimited Rubicon, 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, and many more
So much for putting 35"s on.
Nice camera work. How did you hang on while they drove so fast?
It was tough but I am sure to lots of wind.

Jace

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 ram 3500 Laramie, 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 2008 Jeep unlimited Rubicon, 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, and many more
Nice job with the GoPro. Dealer can’t say you’re imagining things. :like:

Kinda glad I’m waiting until I can get hydro blue. Hopefully they’ll find a fix for stuff like that by then. :fingerscrossed:
My dealer listens to me pretty well. The video however was a result of the doubters over on Facebook.

Glad2seaya

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I had a situation after driving off the lot with only about 60 miles on it. Pressing the start button, the thing would just keep turning over for like 5 seconds until it turned over and started. Didn't happen all the time, but dealer got it to happen as well. I guess it was a fuel filter situation? all fixed and no problems with that as of yet. My only other problem was a rock cracked my windshield and no replacements any time soon....

Sponsored

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I think I’m having some of the steering issue that’s happening the the JLs. Two dealers have said it’s fine, but I find the thing wandering all over the highway over 50 mph

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
my power steering is quite loud. operates fine but is super high pitched when turning. at the drive through today with my window down it was loud enough to hear over my radio at 10. fluid level is good so maybe thats just how it sounds...

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

This started happening on my way home from the dealer.
Excellent Camera placement! Has @JeepCares seen this yet? It might really help them with their research.
It looks to me like at speeds, there is a bit of a low pressure built between the weeks and the liner that pulls the liner in. Very unexpected but easy to see how this is an issue.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Anyone who bought a JT and did not know to check for steering and wandering issues has only themselves to blame. The steering issues are obvious crossovers from the JL, as the components are the same as the JT. The JT and JL also share stereo electronics, so expect those glitches as well. IMO, On your test drive you should decide if you like the feel as to how the JT handles with the solid front axle handles. If it wanders or bothers you, I suggest scrolling through the tire pressure monitor to check if the tires are over inflated, if so, ask the salesman to have pressure lowered. Drive again and decide if you like it. Same goes with engine power, wind noise, fuel economy, and broken windshields. Either you are cool with it enough to buy or you are not. Thanks to this forum and the JL forum, I knew exactly what to check for (even hot feet) as I deliberate prior to purchasing. As I have learned from everyone’s shared experiences, many of those issues are subjective and just part of JT ownership. I’ve made my opinions known, which haven’t super popular, but I guarantee you won’t hear me whine about any of those post purchase.

With that said, the Frames are built by different companies so I would not expect the welds to be an issue. It is not the JL frame.

Gtb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler Hardrock
I think I’m having some of the steering issue that’s happening the the JLs. Two dealers have said it’s fine, but I find the thing wandering all over the highway over 50 mph
You should try lowering the tire pressure. This helps with larger tires that want to wonder when over inflated.
Sponsored