Sponsored

Any one swapped out the chrome lug nuts ?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Jeep Gladiator Any one swapped out the chrome lug nuts ? IMG_3901.PNG
I I went with these (yet another forum member suggestion) on OEM lugnuts. I figured any black aftermarket ones would just get beat to shit with an impact and eventually look terrible. I like that they're silicone and match the contours of the OEM lugnuts and the flat black looks great with my wheels. They don't come with a removal tool though, so if you get them you'll need the black plastic removal tool from this kit.
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?

Sponsored

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
I ended up getting black acorns from Quadratech. They’ve been through a rotation and a winter/off road to summer swap and still look good.

Bobba

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Anyone else try the black silicon covers that JTR178 used? Says on their site they only fit 21mm bolts. Gladiator's are 22mm I believe. Lot of Amazon users saying they fall off anyway.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I got black lug nuts from Amazon, grade 10.9 (equivalent to American grade 8), 22 mm (same size hex as stock).

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I went with west coast wheel accessories black lugs, it's what method and Northridge sold instead of gorilla, been off and on about 4 times so far, no damage.

OP
OP
The Welsh Griffin

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Anyone else try the black silicon covers that JTR178 used? Says on their site they only fit 21mm bolts. Gladiator's are 22mm I believe. Lot of Amazon users saying they fall off anyway.
Had the silicone on wifes 4xe for 5k so far so good

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have had these for over a year, https://a.co/9YDxjMo no issues, I tried aftermarket lugs but there were much smaller than the oem chrome lugs so I went with the silicone covers.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
I’ve bought two sets of the mcgard black nuts. Neither one was the same as oem. Both have much smaller taper surface than the oem. I don’t know about the gorilla brand but the diagram appears to be the same as mcgard. I’m not paying Mopar close to $300 for a set of black ones.

My plan right now is to let my brother cerakote them black. I’ll report back on that process and how they look when he gets them done.

Bobba

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
So, the Andux 21mm lug nut covers fit the Gladiators 22mm lug nuts? I do think these look better than the other popular silicon covers. At least they look like a lug nut. The other ones are just round with a small nipple sticking out the end.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I put these on mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YSVN5SB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're okay. I swap tires more than I should, I have a set of 35" ATs and a set of 37" MTs and like working on the shop, so they've been on and off more than a handfull of times over the last year. About to swap them again before making Christmas travel trips.

They're okay, starting to get a bit of rust color in the ridges of the lug nuts. Knowing how much I was going to be taking them on and off I probably should have sprung for some nicer ones, and probably will eventually.

Bobba

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Ordered the Andux covers. Will post my experience when they arrive. I have heard using silicon, hair spray, etc... to help make them more secure can help. Any tips or cautions would be appreciated.
Sponsored