Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
These improvements put the Wrangler ahead of the Bronco with a 47.1-degree approach and 40.4 departure angles. Other improved numbers are ground clearance at 12.9 inches and water fording depth at 33.6 inches.”
Sweet so they do come with 315 KO2s!

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
So the question is, does Jeep get the jump on the Bronco pickup by offering this in the JT as well?

Jeep has been a bit bi polar on the JT. On the one hand they want to tout its off road chops. Otoh, they've gone out of their way to distance it from Wrangler, by emphasizing that it is a truck that does truck stuff.

I could see them waiting to see what direction Ford goes. One early rumor and every speculative render has shown a Bronco pickup with a sub 5' bed. This and a shorter wheelbase would attack the JTs breakover and departure.

If that's the the way Ford goes, Jeep will need to get ahead of it with lift/tires. If Ford goes 5' bed and 4 door, Jeep may keep this in their back pocket.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
If they do come out with a Recon package, I can't see why they wouldn't offer it on the JT. It's 35's and a lift. People would order it regardless of the angle changes.

Sponsored

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
I would love to see that cost difference between installing a 1.5 inch lift system/actual 35" tires vs. the package.

*Edit: and gears (4:56)*

Last edited:

wakeup2river

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
A lift and tires isnt a competitive edge against a Bronco.

The Bronco gets rid of most of the bad manners of the jeep’s drivability, wandering, noise etc, and will get 95% of the buyers, 100% of the places they want to go with much better drivability and comfort.

I like my Jeeps and JT, but Bronco might just end the days of forfeiting ride and comfort for off road capabilities. Heck 85% of the Jeeps around Phoenix are mall crawlers or at best forest service road queens.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
A lift and tires isnt a competitive edge against a Bronco.

The Bronco gets rid of most of the bad manners of the jeep’s drivability, wandering, noise etc, and will get 95% of the buyers, 100% of the places they want to go with much better drivability and comfort.

I like my Jeeps and JT, but Bronco might just end the days of forfeiting ride and comfort for off road capabilities. Heck 85% of the Jeeps around Phoenix are mall crawlers or at best forest service road queens.
I've had four Jeeps. JK, JL, and Two JTs. Never had bad driving or wandering. Sure when it gets super windy but otherwise it's been pinpoint steering. I know it's an issue for many but luckily hasn't hit me. But yes Bronco will drive better on road no doubt. Even the 4cylinder engine is really good. The V6 is going to be awesome in that thing. Don't get me wrong love the old reliable Pentastar but it would be nice if it had a little more power and torque.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Slightly different request on the same ideas, basic affordable v-8 option would help too.

Sponsored

RGNOUTLAW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Charger Hellcat, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon diese
Occupation
Heavy Haul Owner Operator
If jeep really wants to be competitive and get a big leg up over their competition, they should offer the 5.7 as an engine option. They would sell themselves. It would be a 4k upgrade and would attract numerous buyers. Sure the 6.4 is cool but its unreasonable for most.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
If jeep really wants to be competitive and get a big leg up over their competition, they should offer the 5.7 as an engine option. They would sell themselves. It would be a 4k upgrade and would attract numerous buyers. Sure the 6.4 is cool but its unreasonable for most.
Agree. 5.7 V8 at a normal price. @JeepCares are you listening??!????

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
The 392, or 6.4 is a beast. Fun, crazy power, FAST. But not necessarily practical in a factory Jeep. Wether it be a JL or JT. If Mopar would go with the 5.7 Hemi, 4.56 or 4.88 Ring and Pinion.. and 37's.... Not 35's, but 37's...

IMO, that would be the most cost effective for Mopar, and most capable, and most affordable, AND blow the (removable) doors off of the Bronco.

And I'm a big fan of both contenders. Ford and Jeep.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em.

Since everything is going electric... THIS IS the time. The LAST TIME.
Sponsored