Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya. Here I am looking at maybe moving to a Willy's diesel .... but then I read this thread and Im like wait...I have 35's and 4.56 and WTF am I thinking, LOL. I will say since I have had the 4.56's added that I truly believe all gladiators should have come stock with this gearing.
i bet! The 4.56s are the last mod on my list. Im just hesitant because im scared of them being done wrong and i get a whine from my rear
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Can't wait to see if Toyota steps back into the market and either way, this is going to be great for the consumer.
Something like an old school 2 door pop top 4runner paired with an Xrta Cab sport truck?

4runner_1984_2.jpg

toyota_4x4_pickup_1586874597bc798a420190916_213430.jpg

I would love a return to smaller more retro concepts in 1/4 trucks and truggies. Let big trucks be big trucks and let little trucks be little trucks.

Fo'rinstance I could build a man eater of a camping rig using a 5/4 ton crew cab diesel as the base line, could even make it a functional 6x6 but I could never take it to where I want to go AND also use it as a commuter to the train station. Likewise a samurai is a hoot in terms of what you can do and where you can get but I wouldn't want to live out of one. It's all in the balance and I think I rather trailer the trail rig than overland the trail rig.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Ya... but how much is it?

$3995, just saw it. Not as bad as I thought really. Wonder if you can get that with the 4xe...
Guy on the JL side said his dealer said v6 only, at least rn.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Announces Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Screenshot_20210625-134351_Chrome

Of course we know the 392 can get it, so maybe they can only order the v6 at the moment?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Guy on the JL side said his dealer said v6 only, at least rn.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Announces Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Screenshot_20210625-134351_Chrome

Of course we know the 392 can get it, so maybe they can only order the v6 at the moment?
That 4 may struggle with the larger tires though I'd assume the gearing would help. The mileage may tank and/or work the cooling too hard/constantly.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Something like an old school 2 door pop top 4runner paired with an Xrta Cab sport truck?

I would love a return to smaller more retro concepts in 1/4 trucks and truggies. Let big trucks be big trucks and let little trucks be little trucks.

Fo'rinstance I could build a man eater of a camping rig using a 5/4 ton crew cab diesel as the base line, could even make it a functional 6x6 but I could never take it to where I want to go AND also use it as a commuter to the train station. Likewise a samurai is a hoot in terms of what you can do and where you can get but I wouldn't want to live out of one. It's all in the balance and I think I rather trailer the trail rig than overland the trail rig.
I have had a few (lol, few) vehicles on my short list now that I'm here in the land of no rust and the first gen 4Runner is very high on that list. I fully welcome the unibody truck evolution if it means we can have vehicles like that so long as I can get real 4wd and the platform is upgradable like the XJ/MJ.

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Meh, too bad you have to order the top of the line model to get 35" tires unlike the Ford Bronco. Curious what the cost will be.
Or a dang 4 door.
I have to admit, a 2 door base Sasquatch is VERY appealing to me to replace my Wrangler in a year or so.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Me!
A 2 Dr JT with an extra cab fold down jump seats facing inward would be my choice as ideal backup for when you pickup a short term hiker etc and want to stay legal.
So that's what they are calling hookers in the woods now? 🤔

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Or a dang 4 door.
I have to admit, a 2 door base Sasquatch is VERY appealing to me to replace my Wrangler in a year or so.
I can't be the only one who thinks it's insane that the only Wrangler off-road upgrades are sold as an all-or-nothing deal gated behind the top trim level. I mean you can get the Sasquatch package in a base Bronco for $10k less than this package on a Rubicon.

There needs to be an off-road lite package... give us a Sport or Sport S package with the HD44 axles and 4.10 gears, rear-only locker, and 33" tires and I guarantee many buyers would pay for that upgrade. Not everyone wants to start at $50k before going all in on upgrades.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I can't be the only one who thinks it's insane that the only Wrangler off-road upgrades are sold as an all-or-nothing deal gated behind the top trim level. I mean you can get the Sasquatch package in a base Bronco for $10k less than this package on a Rubicon.

There needs to be an off-road lite package... give us a Sport or Sport S package with the HD44 axles and 4.10 gears, rear-only locker, and 33" tires and I guarantee many buyers would pay for that upgrade. Not everyone wants to start at $50k before going all in on upgrades.
I thought all Gladiator axles were HD44s...

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I work in the corrugated box industry. There are 2 types of business philosophies that different companies use:
1. Hi volume low profit.
2. Low volume high profit.
Jeep clearly is using #2, avg. fleet mpg requirements may come into play also.

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Who makes a "true" 35" tire? most 315/70/17s measure the same as the same brands 35x12.5x17s, it is just a different way of saying the same size.
General grabber atx is a true 35” in 35x12.5r17

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
From the JL side:

New Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Takes 4x4 Capability to New Levels
Global debut set for 2021 Chicago Auto Show Camp Jeep on Thursday, July 14, 2021
  • Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory; further improving approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders now open with production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant starting in August
  • Industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory will be available for ordering on the Wrangler Rubicon later this year
June 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® 4x4 capability is legendary, and the brand continues its leadership position as the most capable 4x4 in the world.

As the brand continues its 80th Anniversary this year, it is elevating its capability game yet again with the introduction of the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show on July 14.

“For the first time ever, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package delivers 35-inch tires straight from the factory,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “We have been listening to and watching our customers make this one of the most popular modifications to their Wranglers, and now we will deliver this exciting new package, along with an industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio, off the showroom floor at our Jeep dealerships.”

The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Tires
  • 17-inch x 8-inch Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 4.56:1 Axle Ratio
  • 1.5-inch Factory Suspension Lift with uniquely tuned shocks
The results: Best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
  • Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
  • Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
  • Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
  • Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
  • Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can now order the Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon package on both Wrangler Rubicon 4-door and Wrangler Rubicon 392 models. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in August.

A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Wrangler Rubicon. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later in 2021.

Be sure to check out the Jeep brand reveal at the Chicago Auto Show for more on this and the new 2022 Jeep Compass on July 14, 2021.

Be sure to check out the Jeep brand reveal at the Chicago Auto Show for more on this and the new 2022 Jeep Compass on July 14, 2021.

What is it with Jeep? Glad they are finally trying to catch up with the aftermarket, but why not go the whole way?
17x8 wheel and not 17x8.5?
4.56 rear and not 4.88?
1.5 inch lift and not their hottest selling 2 inch Mopar lift?
Why can't they just do it right, so we are not spending $10K and up in the aftermarket after buying a new Jeep? Maybe that's it. They are still trying to make the aftermarket happy.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
God I love this country. Gotta love competition. Thanks Ford for waking up the folks at FCA! Lmao

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Meh, too bad you have to order the top of the line model to get 35" tires unlike the Ford Bronco. Curious what the cost will be.
Preaching to the choir here, but I slapped on these exact tires off the showroom floor.
Sponsored