First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
it mounted to my 2021 Mojave with no issues. Once I switched the bracket sides left-right that is.
That’s cool! I have Rubi wonder if there’s a difference. Does it use separate bolts or the bolts off the motor mounts?
thanks!
Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
That’s cool! I have Rubi wonder if there’s a difference. Does it use separate bolts or the bolts off the motor mounts?
thanks!
There should not be a difference, I think mine was actually marked as being for the Rubicon. The brackets mount to existing bolts, you just add a washer and nut without taking the factory nut off.

There tail end of the panel mounts using existing bolts. I did not even take the factory cross brace off like we did on my buddy's JL.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
After several off-road trips scraping heavily on rocks (still factory Rubicon height), I’m very happy with the skid plate. It’s got some scars and has held up well.

At this time, other than this plate, I only have the front and rear diff plates from Metalcloak, which have also seen some action, but not as much as I’d expected. I don’t have the control arm skids, but I noticed I banged up the fronts a bit. So I do think they’re a good investment, too, and will likely get them soon.

I’ll post some pics later today or tomorrow to give you an idea of what I’ve experienced and put this skid through.
Thanks for your response. This appears to be a really good option. I do not want to throw my money away or cheap out but I do not want to unnecessarily spend upwards of a grand and add a lot oF unnecessary weight either. If the Asfir works with the factory skids in terms of providing cheap insurance it sounds like kind of a no brainer. By the way I looked at a company which does an aluminum full belly skid which by the time I paid someone to do the difficult install would cost around 3 grand. Even the cheaper steel skids would probably run 1500 to 2000 if I had someone install it. The Asfir looks very good compared to these options. Do you plan on ever doing a lift?

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
After several off-road trips scraping heavily on rocks (still factory Rubicon height), I’m very happy with the skid plate. It’s got some scars and has held up well.

At this time, other than this plate, I only have the front and rear diff plates from Metalcloak, which have also seen some action, but not as much as I’d expected. I don’t have the control arm skids, but I noticed I banged up the fronts a bit. So I do think they’re a good investment, too, and will likely get them soon.

I’ll post some pics later today or tomorrow to give you an idea of what I’ve experienced and put this skid through.
Saw your Instagram pics. Very nice. Another quick question. Is it easy to change oil with the Asfir skid on?

OP
OP
Slacks

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
The Asfir looks very good compared to these options. Do you plan on ever doing a lift?
Wow this thread got active quickly. Sorry for the delay, I actually was just getting the lift finished! 😄

Just catching up, the install is super easy and has more clearance than other plates I've seen that curve all the way over the driveshaft and make me nervous. Rubicon or Mojave should have no difference, but Diesel probably will be different. I actually haven't changed my oil yet since installing the skid, but coming up soon, so I can check back.

As far as the full system, honestly the factory Rubi skids do a pretty good job. I've scraped my belly on a lot of rocks, got a good video recently on Instagram with the audio, if you want to hear the torture. The control arm brackets are definitely next for me before any others. Although, it looks like the exhaust might need some help, too (see photos) 😉

Here are the photos I promised:

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 20210415_151317
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 20210415_151417
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 20210415_151529
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 20210415_151542
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 20210415_151609

Sponsored

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I helped a buddy install the Asfir engine skid on his JL a month ago and then ordered one for my JT. We could not get it to mount correctly and I emailed the company about it. They wanted pictures so while doing that, I noticed they had labeled the left and right brackets incorrectly. Once I switched them, it was one the truck in 40 minutes or less. It will get its first real test next weekend, but I think it adds a lot of protection for the cost.
I am interested in this skid plate as well. I am wondering whether or not this complicates oil changes.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Wow this thread got active quickly. Sorry for the delay, I actually was just getting the lift finished! 😄

Just catching up, the install is super easy and has more clearance than other plates I've seen that curve all the way over the driveshaft and make me nervous. Rubicon or Mojave should have no difference, but Diesel probably will be different. I actually haven't changed my oil yet since installing the skid, but coming up soon, so I can check back.

As far as the full system, honestly the factory Rubi skids do a pretty good job. I've scraped my belly on a lot of rocks, got a good video recently on Instagram with the audio, if you want to hear the torture. The control arm brackets are definitely next for me before any others. Although, it looks like the exhaust might need some help, too (see photos) 😉

I have ordered the Rusty’s lower control arm frame side skid plates. If you are interested I will provide an update when I get them installed etc. As I indicated in another post, I am wondering how the Asfir skid plate, or any other brand’s skid plate, complicates oil changes - both in terms of access to the drain plug and draining the oil. Perhaps an oil plug drain valve would help?

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah I'm glad to see another person rock the skidplate from them,I've been running mines for about 6 months now,I wish I should've gotten the transfer case skid cause now the OEM skid is all scratched and rusty from all the rocks and dirt,but overall it's been pretty good,I've snapped 2 bolts though,im pretty sure it was from the impact of something,but I upgraded all the hardware to grade 8,so just Incase I hope it prevents those 4 little bolts from coming apart from were it mounts

Sponsored

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hell yeah I'm glad to see another person rock the skidplate from them,I've been running mines for about 6 months now,I wish I should've gotten the transfer case skid cause now the OEM skid is all scratched and rusty from all the rocks and dirt,but overall it's been pretty good,I've snapped 2 bolts though,im pretty sure it was from the impact of something,but I upgraded all the hardware to grade 8,so just Incase I hope it prevents those 4 little bolts from coming apart from were it mounts
Will probably order the Asfir oil pan/ engine skid. Are you thinking of also ordering their transfer case skid?

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Will probably order the Asfir oil pan/ engine skid. Are you thinking of also ordering their transfer case skid?
I mean i really see no point since the transfer case already has the skid plate from the factory,sure you can add it but if you dont mind bangin up your oem skid plate and adding some scratches,than your fine,but yeah at the same time i want to add it just to remove some of that annoying a$$ screeching from the oem stuff and also cause why not,its only 142 bucks :D

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
There should not be a difference, I think mine was actually marked as being for the Rubicon. The brackets mount to existing bolts, you just add a washer and nut without taking the factory nut off.

There tail end of the panel mounts using existing bolts. I did not even take the factory cross brace off like we did on my buddy's JL.

20210415_151317.jpg
20210415_151417.jpg
20210415_151529.jpg
20210415_151542.jpg
20210415_151609.jpg

Hey, about to pull the trigger on this. Is this where the brackets bolt to, the underside of the motor mount?
Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 19F97394-E7C5-459C-9BD6-5ADBE4069B49
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 2067F344-919D-4E5D-9E64-70949055566C

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Just got the Asfir oil pan skid installed, it went perfectly !
I wanted to giv e a shout out to the company too. Their communication, and response is excellent. The product came incredibly quick. Very well packaged, and designed. It took about an hour to install, very straight forward, everything fit perfectly. One little hang-up, was figuring what holes the clip-nuts attach to in the transmission cross bar (pics attached). I attached all the nuts & bolts loosely starting with the brackets, then lined up the cross bar clip nuts. Then once everything was set up, started tightening the crossbar nut and dimple washers, then just went around snugging up the rest.
Their web product listing is only for 2020, but it fits a 2021 as well.
Anyway, the whole experience was excellent! Here’s a few pics...
Oh, the brackets are zinc steel ...the gold color is Amsoil HD metal protector...
”I put that Sh*# on everything!”

1D22BED7-56E1-48BD-A2B7-224BBBFB36B6.jpeg

816A4243-ADFE-4C99-B686-8AE46FF471D1.jpeg

C3B6FEE6-B8A1-46AA-8329-EA28AFF57C3F.jpeg

05581DC7-A73A-4310-987A-58B993ED7D1C.jpeg

602E6261-774F-4BFD-AB1D-6108AFFC3930.jpeg
Sponsored