First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland diesel gladiator
Occupation
Agronomist
Ok, so simply under a rock... what do the acronyms represent, namely: XJ,TJ,JK,JL etc. What is the Gladiator designation?

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Ok, so simply under a rock... what do the acronyms represent, namely: XJ,TJ,JK,JL etc. What is the Gladiator designation?
they are internal codes starting back when jeeps helped win WWII.
JT is for gladiators. The rest can be searched on duck duck go

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I only got the finger once since buying my Mojave. I was behind a Taco on a dirt road for a few miles going like 15mph. I patiently waited behind him even though he had numerous places to pull over. When the road finally turned to asphalt I passed him. He was just holding the bird up for me , so sweet. Now I drive an X5 as well. I get the bird in that several times a week. I drive interstate most of the time . I am a firm believer in stay right and pass left. I also use turn signals all the time as it is so convenient being right next to the steering wheel and all. Loitering in the left lane is a big problem here. When I finally have to pass on the right I’m the asshole.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I only got the finger once since buying my Mojave. I was behind a Taco on a dirt road for a few miles going like 15mph. I patiently waited behind him even though he had numerous places to pull over. When the road finally turned to asphalt I passed him. He was just holding the bird up for me , so sweet. Now I drive an X5 as well. I get the bird in that several times a week. I drive interstate most of the time . I am a firm believer in stay right and pass left. I also use turn signals all the time as it is so convenient being right next to the steering wheel and all. Loitering in the left lane is a big problem here. When I finally have to pass on the right I’m the asshole.
New England is the worst with left lane drivers, especially people from MA. (NH mostly excluded , lots of MA transplants though and VT somewhat excluded.) I swear they are taught in driving school to always stay in the left lane. I drive about 30K per year for service and install work, company van, and have to deal with people not paying attention, phone, food, beverage, smoking weed, you know thins you need to do while driving.

Many middle fingers at me, how dare I pass them on the right! Sorry didn't realize who you were and how important you are.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
Even my little sister is bad at this. Back in 2018 when my wife ordered her JLU Sahara (bright white), my airhead sister says, “ Aw, so cool! Welcome to the Jeep family.” DUMB. Sister owns a 2014 JK, she bought it used in 2016, it’s her first Jeep. It’s as if she has no memory.

My wife and I have been married since 2000 and we have owned the following Jeep vehicles.

‘21 JTR EcoDiesel HydroBlue (current)
‘18 JLU Sahara BrightWhite (current)
‘18 JLU Sahara HellaYella (sold in June 2021, ordered a JT Rubicon)
‘04 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (traded in 2015 for a Ford Escape Titanium))
‘98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (traded in 2004 for the Jeep Liberty)
‘87 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (bought in 2002, totaled in 2002—someone rear ended me)
‘89 Jeep Wrangler YJ (bought in 1997, sold in 2002)

Owned some Dodge and Ford trucks in between some of those above, and a ‘74 VW SuperBeatle Baja build from 1995-1997.

People driving down the road have no concept for what other vehicles people might have, or once had, nor how they live. Why people just can’t be nice and return the wave or ignore it is beyond me. Some people go out of their way to be assholes. Karma is a bitch.

Sponsored

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
New England is the worst with left lane drivers, especially people from MA. (NH mostly excluded , lots of MA transplants though and VT somewhat excluded.) I swear they are taught in driving school to always stay in the left lane. I drive about 30K per year for service and install work, company van, and have to deal with people not paying attention, phone, food, beverage, smoking weed, you know thins you need to do while driving.

Many middle fingers at me, how dare I pass them on the right! Sorry didn't realize who you were and how important you are.
Yes! I drive the NY Thruway daily and almost every left lane asshole is a MASShole.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
What a jerk. I only get waves about 20% of the time and when I don't get 1 back I curse at them under my breath lol there are a TON of jeeps by me so idk if people are just sick of waving or they are just dbags
I'm voting for dbags

Brian Fantana_77

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self
I usually get the finger at night because of those ridiculously bright head lights. I feel bad, but have already lowered them and driving without didn't work either...lol

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
There are a lot of things that bother me. But whether or not someone thinks my truck is a jeep Or waves at me because of it, doesn’t even come close to making the list…
Sponsored

Last edited: