OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
This is one impressive thread...... I kind of want to know what the OP had before, but then again this thread should probably die because I’m about 35% sure it’s troll...
I'll start from present and go back as far as I can before I get bored:
CL63 AMG
C5 Turbo Corvette ~500HP
Two YJs on 35s (stick)
1978 MGB (stick)
2001 Disco 2
1990 300zx TT ~500hp (stick)
Five TJ's on 35s+ (All Stick)
Three ZJ 5.2s
An XJ
Two M3's (both stick)
AMG E43

..and I'm bored. There's probably 30+ more cars in there. I havent even gotten to bikes.

I didnt create the thread to ask about solutions, I created the thread to see what it would cost me to swap in an automatic. Hence the title of the thread. But I solved the problem; I traded in that shit pile for the ecodiesel. Done.
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I'll start from present and go back as far as I can before I get bored:
CL63 AMG
C5 Turbo Corvette ~500HP
Two YJs on 35s (stick)
1978 MGB (stick)
2001 Disco 2
1990 300zx TT ~500hp (stick)
Five TJ's on 35s+ (All Stick)
Three ZJ 5.2s
An XJ
Two M3's (both stick)
AMG E43

..and I'm bored. There's probably 30+ more cars in there. I havent even gotten to bikes.

I didnt create the thread to ask about solutions, I created the thread to see what it would cost me to swap in an automatic. Hence the title of the thread. But I solved the problem; I traded in that shit pile for the ecodiesel. Done.
Interesting that you call it a "shit pile"...I didn't see that description in the thread you started about having someone pick up your long term lease ( Massachusetts PunkN 6 Speed Loaded Rubi on 2.5" and 37s. Lease takeover.). The description there was a bit more complimentary. Really adds credence to the term "Buyer Beware".

Not sure I'd ever want to buy anything from you... :headbang:

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Interesting that you call it a "shit pile"...I didn't see that description in the thread you started about having someone pick up your long term lease ( Massachusetts PunkN 6 Speed Loaded Rubi on 2.5" and 37s. Lease takeover.). The description there was a bit more complimentary. Really adds credence to the term "Buyer Beware".

Not sure I'd ever want to buy anything from you... :headbang:
Everything that's wrong with it is thoroughly documented. It's a jeep gladiator. Nothing different about mine then anyone else's. Shit engine, shit gearbox, shit steering box.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Everything that's wrong with it is thoroughly documented. It's a jeep gladiator. Nothing different about mine then anyone else's. Shit engine, shit gearbox, shit steering box.
If I'm following correctly, you traded your shit pile for a similar shit pile with a diesel engine, that could turn out to be a real shit show of unreliability.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse

Man, I'm tempted to make a trip to Massachusetts. Anything else it might need besides gears and maybe a new clutch?

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Man, I'm tempted to make a trip to Massachusetts. Anything else it might need besides gears and maybe a new clutch?
Really? On someone else’s 48 month lease - paying over $500 a month for four years and still have to pay the residual at the end? Oh, and it’s already established that it drives like crap until you dump even more $$$ in it? Finally, the icing on the cake - the owner calls it a “shit pile”.

I hope you were kidding...:LOL:

The good news (for you) is he dumped it on a dealer to get a JT diesel. And it begins again...

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I traded it in to Jeep in brockton. I wouldn't do gears, waste of money. If a stick gladiator is your thing, you'll love it. It's got every option and my evo 2.5 lift on it. Stock wheels and tires though, I kept mine.

It passed the clutch 4th gear drop test but it definitely needs the steering box replacement, which is a pain in the ass. My order for it got cancelled. I tightened it and this JL I just got is still leagues tighter.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I like a good dogpile thread just as much as the next guy, but at some point you have to take some responsibility for the mod choices you made that did not work out.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm following correctly, you traded your shit pile for a similar shit pile with a diesel engine, that could turn out to be a real shit show of unreliability.
I came to this thread because it's been a while since I've seen what used to be very common (on this forum) and all too typical whining, complaining and bitching about the Gladiator done by people who probably should just stick to bicycles.

And here we have yet another thread to add to the collection of people who are somehow bright enough to use their fingers to type their thoughts and "feelings" on a forum but are unable to make decisions on how to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle that is a depreciating asset.

@Mr._Bill - you've concisely summed up what someone who clearly has way more money than brains did. This thread should have been closed right after but since it wasn't I thought I'd compliment you and pray that I don't meet the OP who I fear may be driving on the wrong side of the road or shifting into Reverse instead of Drive

Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Already did buy another truck for towing; disco 2 - 7700lb capacity and what jeep desperately needed to put in this truck, a small v8.
I just read thru this entire thread this morning but felt I should give you some different, off-topic news you might not be happy to hear.

I have owned FOUR Land Rovers in the past as early as a Discovery series 1, and I read your comment above from page two and the sirens went off in my head!!!!

Ready for this bomb.... it can only tow 7700 pounds in 4 LOW.... Top speed probably 20MPH.

I copied this directly from the internet... (so it must be true, Right?)

Tow Capacity: Land Rover: Discovery Series II: 4.0L V-8: 5500 lb tow rating: Notes: Maximum tow rating without trailer brakes is 1650 pounds. Maximum tow rating when towing in low range is 7700 pounds. Maximum offroad tow rating is 2200 pounds. Maximum tongue weight 550 pounds.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
So this thread is pretty irrelevant.

1. No one is actually swapping their transmission. The whole unrealistic point of the thread.
2. OP got his bitch on, people responded as you would expect
3. OP traded his rig in, it's no longer an issue for him

/Thread dead

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I just read thru this entire thread this morning but felt I should give you some different, off-topic news you might not be happy to hear.

I have owned FOUR Land Rovers in the past as early as a Discovery series 1, and I read your comment above from page two and the sirens went off in my head!!!!

Ready for this bomb.... it can only tow 7700 pounds in 4 LOW.... Top speed probably 20MPH.

I copied this directly from the internet... (so it must be true, Right?)

Tow Capacity: Land Rover: Discovery Series II: 4.0L V-8: 5500 lb tow rating: Notes: Maximum tow rating without trailer brakes is 1650 pounds. Maximum tow rating when towing in low range is 7700 pounds. Maximum offroad tow rating is 2200 pounds. Maximum tongue weight 550 pounds.
No sirens needed. The boat is around 4500lb and the ramp is 8 miles from me.

So this thread is pretty irrelevant.

1. No one is actually swapping their transmission. The whole unrealistic point of the thread.
2. OP got his bitch on, people responded as you would expect
3. OP traded his rig in, it's no longer an issue for him

/Thread dead
Agreed, it was dead by page 2.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
131443075153-Abandon_thread_Jim.gif
Sponsored