Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine liked my Gladiator, and bought one. She is having a strange issue, and I was looking for feedback.

She takes her 2021 Sport S to local automated car wash. She said everytime she does it, it seems like he is going "faster" than other vehicles. She has even tapped the brakes a couple times because she felt like she was going to hit the vehicle in front.

Vehicle is in neutral as it goes thru the wash. This has happened everytime. She said it seems like it goes "too fast" through everytime. The carwash even has asked her repeatedly if she is putting the truck in neutral.

I've not noticed it the 1 or 2 times I've gone to my local automated wash (and automated, I mean the one where you roll in, and you put vehicle in neutral, foot off brake, and it has rollers that push you through the washing machinery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yallaen

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Its a conveyor. I cant see this making any logical sense.
IKR?? But she said the past couple times, when she exited, the attendants SPECIFICALLY asked her if she had her ride in Drive.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
This makes no sense. The only thing I could possibly think of is if the system were to push the truck with the sidewalls of the tire and the Gladiator has more tire than the other vehicles rolling through, so it’s getting pushed with both sidewalls on the tire? I don’t know...

Sponsored

Aero_JT

First Name
Bosco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2011 Acadia SLT AWD, 1997 Saab 9000 Aero
I wonder if it has to do with the wheelbase of the Gladiator in relation to spacing between the "rollers" in that particular carwash.

Maybe give another location a try and see if the same thing happens?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Same issue with mine, I just pull up on the Emergency Brake a couple/few clicks, problem solved.
Gregj

eta: they seem to roll really easily, my Wrangler with BFG A/T's doesn't do it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I refuse to use automated car washes. I just won't do it. I manually use a wand if I go to a commercial wash, or I do it at home.

If they INSIST on those washes, at least do what Gregj suggests - then it can't move on its own. There, that was a simple solution!

And I will NEVER EVER EVER use a wash that TOUCHES my vehicle with anything other than water.

Nashville-JTR

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Bizarre...I use a car wash like that weekly with zero issues. The conveyor moves at a fixed speed so that the distance between vehicles stays consistent. Otherwise cars would be running into each other. Has to be driver error.
Sponsored