Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
/
did you consider a 5 pin relay vs diodes for this application? I am about to wire mine in the same way with dual power sources. Currently compiling parts and seeing what my options are.
Diodes so much easier, nothing mechanical.
Two diodes allow you to have it in reverse powering all of the lights but not feed back into the aux switch, or have the aux switch powering them and not feeding back into the backup light feed.
You would need 2 connections for the relay coil - ground and feed from the aux switch assuming you are wanting to prevent back feeding to the truck's backup light feed plus the two connections from the NC switch of the relay. 4 connections, plus a relay.

White wire comes from aux switch up front to one of the "in" terminals of diode.
Red wire next to it goes to other "in" terminal of diode from reverse light feed position #5 in the Oracle harness.
Red wire from "out" terminal of diode goes to the Oracle backup lights.
I decided to not feed the truck's native backup lights via the aux switch because the bumper lights were more than enough for my needs.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1672029040293
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Diodes so much easier, nothing mechanical.
Two diodes allow you to have it in reverse powering all of the lights but not feed back into the aux switch, or have the aux switch powering them and not feeding back into the backup light feed.
You would need 2 connections for the relay coil - ground and feed from the aux switch assuming you are wanting to prevent back feeding to the truck's backup light feed plus the two connections from the NC switch of the relay. 4 connections, plus a relay.

White wire comes from aux switch up front to one of the "in" terminals of diode.
Red wire next to it goes to other "in" terminal of diode from reverse light feed position #5 in the Oracle harness.
Red wire from "out" terminal of diode goes to the Oracle backup lights.
I decided to not feed the truck's native backup lights via the aux switch because the bumper lights were more than enough for my needs.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1672029040293
This is very helpful, thank you! Any particular diodes you recommend?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is very helpful, thank you! Any particular diodes you recommend?
I have some small drawers (one of those cheap Walmart parts things with the clear plastic drawers) with a bunch of 1960s military surplus diodes and was going to choose from that, but instead went with a simple solution from Amazon -
It's got 2 in, 1 out, making it super-simple. And it saved me some time in the end - ready to go.

One of the "in" can be used for the connection from your aux switch,
the other "in" can be the feed from the truck's backup light circuit.
The out goes to the backup lights.
If I was going to operate the truck backup lights AND the Oracle lights from my aux switch, I may have gotten a second oracle harness and run them independently.
Multiple ways you can wire it up, really.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UHVHI

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1672071576756

In the harness below:
Red on the right goes to power both Oracle backup lights - from the "out" of the diode above.
The red wire to the left of that goes to one of the "IN" terminals of the diode so when the truck is in reverse, that powers the oracle lights.

This setup does not power the truck's original backup lights from the aux switch, only the Oracle lights come on with my aux switch.
But that's fine with me as the bumper mounted Oracle lights are blinding anyway.
All 4 lights come on when in reverse.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) IMG_20220724_115758

I'd love to get my hands on another one of these Oracle pigtails like shown, would save me some time for another project.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have some small drawers (one of those cheap Walmart parts things with the clear plastic drawers) with a bunch of 1960s military surplus diodes and was going to choose from that, but instead went with a simple solution from Amazon -
It's got 2 in, 1 out, making it super-simple. And it saved me some time in the end - ready to go.

If I was going to operate the truck backup lights AND the Oracle lights from my aux switch, I may have gotten a second oracle harness and run them independently.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) IMG_20220724_115758

In the harness below:
Red on the right goes to power both Oracle backup lights - from the "out" of the diode above.
The red wire to the left of that goes to one of the "IN" terminals of the diode so when the truck is in reverse, that powers the oracle lights.

This setup does not power the truck's original backup lights from the aux switch, only the Oracle lights come on with my aux switch.
But that's fine with me as the bumper mounted Oracle lights are blinding anyway.

I'd love to get my hands on another one of these Oracle pigtails like shown, would save me some time for another project.
Extremely helpful, thank you! I'm going to purchase everything today and wire it up the same way, probably next weekend. Cant wait!

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith

1672071576756.png

In the harness below:

I'd love to get my hands on another one of these Oracle pigtail
I found those pigtails on Extreme Terrain for like $26. https://www.extremeterrain.com/oracle-jeep-wrangler-plug-play-wiring-adapter-for-reverse-lights-5879-504.html?utm_content=XTLights-Other|Oracle&T5_Var4=J162840-JL&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Brands+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=bing-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&msclkid=45b6342b83fe1f94e1e557ea2544ee6e&utm_term=4576854592997064&gclid=45b6342b83fe1f94e1e557ea2544ee6e&gclsrc=3p.ds

Question about the diodes- I bought them, and based on the diagrams on the back (specifically running lights, which are not L/R specific), it looks like I should tie the L/R inputs together at the INPUT and have one diode/output per aux lamp. I am not an electrician. I'm assuming the lamps draw too much to run both off of the common "out?" Of course, the diode sample diagram was probably assuming incandescent bulbs. Do I need a diode for each side?

Thanks!

Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Ok, I’m finally getting to a review of these lights. Had them almost two years, and was part of the group buy.
The light when they work, they work great…. “when they work” !
They are not dependable, simple as that.
If you own a non-led (halogen) JT…. don’t bother buying them!
My biggest gripe is with their original statement that these were tested and work with all 2020+ models, with no comment to the incompatibility with halogen models.
I bought their PNP cable, with the thought of not cutting into the stock harness. The WHOLE point of purchasing the cable was to have a seamless connection. If Oracle had said that these were not directly compatible, I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THEM.
Yes, there’s all kinds of info on the forum (great info) but, I was not looking for “ workaround‘s” for a product that was sold as a” plug & play” accessory!
So, long story, short…. If you have a halogen JT… DON’T buy them!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When I finished installing my flush tail lights and reverse lights, my neighbor sent me a text with this picture
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) IMG_3597
He thought he was being abducted by aliens?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I was part of the original group buy and the short connector wire batch, received in June 2021. No issues with mine and I love how bright they are.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was part of the original group buy and the short connector wire batch, received in June 2021. No issues with mine and I love how bright they are.
I had the short wiring situation, they sent me the longer wire, and now these lights have been in two Gladiators.
Most folks have resolved the issues when installing on non-LED JTs.
A member here has been mapping out the wiring and changes needed for the FRONT light swaps - and I suspect all necessary information is already here for the rear light changes.
And generally asking the right questions here gets you the right answers.
There's some really sharp members as far as the lighting and wiring.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Ok, I’m finally getting to a review of these lights. Had them almost two years, and was part of the group buy.
The light when they work, they work great…. “when they work” !
They are not dependable, simple as that.
If you own a non-led (halogen) JT…. don’t bother buying them!
My biggest gripe is with their original statement that these were tested and work with all 2020+ models, with no comment to the incompatibility with halogen models.
I bought their PNP cable, with the thought of not cutting into the stock harness. The WHOLE point of purchasing the cable was to have a seamless connection. If Oracle had said that these were not directly compatible, I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THEM.
Yes, there’s all kinds of info on the forum (great info) but, I was not looking for “ workaround‘s” for a product that was sold as a” plug & play” accessory!
So, long story, short…. If you have a halogen JT… DON’T buy them!
Sorry to hear about this Gary. We have various solutions our team is happy to review for you. Please feel free to reach out to us directly and we will be happy to assist you.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
My Oracle bumper lights have been flawless thus far.......NOTE, I do have the OEM LED light group.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Sorry to hear about this Gary. We have various solutions our team is happy to review for you. Please feel free to reach out to us directly and we will be happy to assist you.
Thanks for the response, PM sent (again)

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
I wanted to update my review.
After the prompt response from Oracle, they were kind enough to send an additional PNP harness, at no charge. This “fixed“ the issue of the compatibility issue with the halogen light group.
Adding a PNP harness to the right side,in addition to the original left side seems to have corrected the issue. As I’ve said, the lights work GREAT, and now that they work reliably they make a excellent addition.
So, if you do have a “ non-LED“ light package, you may have an issue. But Oracle is very willing to work to rectify any Problems.
Sponsored