AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Well Im gonna disagree....

We have two Rubicon Gladiators and both are stock height. When I bought mine in July I went searching for wheels, with COVID, there were no 17" available that liked. All the ones I wanted were backordered with no estimated date for shipping. I always knew that I was going with 35's M/T because at the Rubicon stock height, to me they look perfect... so Ive been told dozens of times. So I decided to look at 20's when I couldn't find any 17's and many of the ones I liked I could get shipped and receive in days, so thats the route I went.

Im so happy I did. It looked so good, when I got home my wife said "I want that!!!".... and a week later she did. Both are 35" M/T on 20" wheels. I a side note, we have a Gator Max Tow and its on my old wheels which are the 33" M/T and I also think it looks fantastic compared to stock.

To squash some of the haters that dont like 20's....
Look at the pictures... specifically, look from the top of the wheel to the top of the tire... there is 6 1/2" of side wall, thats plenty for everything I plan on doing at home in AZ.

I think the 35's are the way to go.

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2410

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2288

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2417

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2416

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2281

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I went wheeling today and I can't tell you how many times I was grateful for going with 37's for the extra ground clearance (with the 3.5" Metal Cloak suspension lift). Every inch matters off road and you already said you prefer 37's.

Also, you must re-gear and don't worry about reliability. You need to re-gear to get the Gladiator back to factory performance with the larger tires.

And finally, forget about 20" wheels. If you're going off road you need as much sidewall as you can get and that means 17" wheels.

You asked for advice and that's it :clap:

OP
OP

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow

We have two Rubicon Gladiators and both are stock height. When I bought mine in July I went searching for wheels, with COVID, there were no 17" available that liked. All the ones I wanted were backordered with no estimated date for shipping. I always knew that I was going with 35's M/T because at the Rubicon stock height, to me they look perfect... so Ive been told dozens of times. So I decided to look at 20's when I couldn't find any 17's and many of the ones I liked I could get shipped and receive in days, so thats the route I went.

Im so happy I did. It looked so good, when I got home my wife said "I want that!!!".... and a week later she did. Both are 35" M/T on 20" wheels. I a side note, we have a Gator Max Tow and its on my old wheels which are the 33" M/T and I also think it looks fantastic compared to stock.

Look at the pictures... specifically, look from the top of the wheel to the top of the tire... there is 6 1/2" of side wall, thats plenty for everything I plan on doing at home in AZ.

This has won me over. Thank you for helping me make my decision. I'll be going with 35's. I don't necessarily want to mess with re-gearing (not yet at least) or killing my gas mileage. I think the 35's look GREAT with 20's on your Jeeps. Thanks man!

Sponsored

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just my opinion but I think the 37's are going to look better based on the wheel you have chosen unless your going for a more wheel than tire look.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
If you go with the 35ā€™s i would stick to the smaller lift. Iā€™ve got the Mopar on 37s ( 4.10s) and Iā€™m already wishing I had 38ā€™s cause I feel like I need more tire. With the bigger lift your tires will look very small, IMO

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner

You have no lift on either?

iGlad

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
socaljeepgladiatorowners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I was talking to a guy about his gladiator and he was running a 3.5" rough country lift with 37" on 3.73 gearing. He had nothing but great things to say. But he did also mentioned he was going to regear to 4.88 in the upcoming weeks..

imo sticking with 35's and a 2.5" lift would look great!

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
You have no lift on either?
The grey, blue, and gator pictured are all 100% stock height the exact way they came out of the factory. No spacers or modifications of any kind.

Heres a different picture of them if that helps better to show the height.

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! IMG_2494

Sponsored

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
The grey, blue, and gator pictured are all 100% stock height the exact way they came out of the factory. No spacers or modifications of any kind.

Heres a different picture of them if that helps better to show the height.

Nice!

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Go with the 35ā€™s. I just installed 315/70r17ā€™s (34.4ā€ tall). I would not go over 35ā€™s on your Overland with the 3.73 gears if you ever plan to tow. And even with the 35ā€™s, youā€™ll want to reprogram your speedo so the shift points arenā€™t off.

Hereā€™s mine:

@PNWGladiator Is this stock height?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My contribution ....Mine is the black stock height Rubi on the left as you look at it. The one in the middle is on 37s. The white one in the right is on 35s

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Where do you live? Like mostly flat highway driving or hills, mountains etc? Also do you plan on towing much?

Iā€™m on 35s and 3.73 and itā€™s perfectly adequate for city/ flat highway driving, But as soon as I get up into the hills I can feel her struggling and jumping around gears. Iā€™ll end up going 4.88s when I do 37s and recommend it to anyone who wants to maintain drivability in these cases. 35s are tolerable on 3.73 but 4.10 would definitely be the sweet spot here.
Funny enough one of my 35 pats failed the day after writing this and Iā€™m now on 37s. So to follow up, Iā€™m now on 37ā€ KO2s which are on the smaller side of 37s and itā€™s right on the line of what Iā€™d consider acceptable highway performance. 3.6L, 8 speed automatic, 3.73 gears with the Speedo recalibrated and itā€™s okay around town. Just okay. However it takes a lot for her to get going at high way speeds. Iā€™ll definitely want to regear before heading into the mountains later this year and Iā€™m expecting that towing a trailer this weekend is going to suck. (Iā€™ll add a picture so everyone can tell her sheā€™s pretty ā˜ŗ)

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! 499A0ACE-C6AF-4C5F-99DD-0D06FB069320
Sponsored