Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
unless it’s been a long time.
What's that mean?
If something is broken or defective and it's reported and there's record of that report or you can prove it was reported - then it was just plain broken or defective before warranty expired.
What's a long time?
It took months for a dealer to even find the cause of an issue I had on a Jeep years ago - it was covered under warranty even though warranty had run out months before.
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
What's that mean?
If something is broken or defective and it's reported and there's record of that report or you can prove it was reported - then it was just plain broken or defective before warranty expired.
What's a long time?
It took months for a dealer to even find the cause of an issue I had on a Jeep years ago - it was covered under warranty even though warranty had run out months before.
Business I work in we will honor reported in warranty but not forever as the customer needs to address the issue within a reasonable amount of time and for us that’s 60 days after warranty expires

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
There was a bad batch of batteries in some of the 2020s. It's not the auto start-stop's fault. Don't get too worked up over it, the batteries are a known issue that Jeep has been resolving under warranty.
Your mileage may vary, I started having this issue over a year ago and local dealerships and @JeepCares have neglected to address it.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Went back today. the service writer wants me to bring it in after Christmas. He wants to give me something to drive while he takes it home to duplicate the brake problem. He told me to disconnect my aux switch wire harness from the battery and see if the aux battery charges. I made the appointment but he is not driving my Jeep. I can duplicate it in the parking lot. As far as batteries, I think I’m gonna just buy new ones. Anyone have a favorite brand for both?

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Went back today. the service writer wants me to bring it in after Christmas. He wants to give me something to drive while he takes it home to duplicate the brake problem. He told me to disconnect my aux switch wire harness from the battery and see if the aux battery charges. I made the appointment but he is not driving my Jeep. I can duplicate it in the parking lot. As far as batteries, I think I’m gonna just buy new ones. Anyone have a favorite brand for both?
Odyssey Motorcycle Batteries last a very long time and a model should fit the gladiator's small battery no problem. Less CCA but a better battery overall. 180vs200cca I believe

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Odyssey Motorcycle Batteries last a very long time and a model should fit the gladiator's small battery no problem. Less CCA but a better battery overall. 180vs200cca I believe
Thank you

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
AcDelco - 94R for main and AUX14 (or AUX12) for ESS (gas engine).

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just went on a long trip. After a couple hundred miles, auto start stop was available. Do y’all think it’s the battery or charging system?
Sponsored