First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Looking to add a bed cover I like the roll up ones just need something to keep gear dry any recommendations?

IMG_9179.jpeg
Sponsored

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's my understanding that none of these types totally keep the water out, but they do keep the majority out. I picked up a used Gator brand soft tri-fold a little while ago and it does pretty well. I had to replace a seal on an area that had started to peel away though. But not bad at all. I noticed the most water when I ran through the drive-thru car wash the other day to wash off all the salt & snow crap off now that it has started snowing out here. But again, not bad at all.
Perhaps some of the more expensive ones do a better job. Perhaps someone with one of the hard tri-fold or roll-up covers will jump in here soon.

thejeepster

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sport MaxTow SG
Occupation
FT Worker
I got the mopar tri-fold hard cover thrown in the deal with my JT... it's been great, looks fine too, even after a year-- we get a lot of wind up here, so I didn't want a soft cover one...

OP
OP
RHENDY700

RHENDY700

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
It's my understanding that none of these types totally keep the water out, but they do keep the majority out. I picked up a used Gator brand soft tri-fold a little while ago and it does pretty well. I had to replace a seal on an area that had started to peel away though. But not bad at all. I noticed the most water when I ran through the drive-thru car wash the other day to wash off all the salt & snow crap off now that it has started snowing out here. But again, not bad at all.
Perhaps some of the more expensive ones do a better job. Perhaps someone with one of the hard tri-fold or roll-up covers will jump in here soon.
Thanks for the input I had a roll up one on my Ram it worked pretty good not 100% dry but good enough for what I used it for plus I like the fact I can roll it up and tie it down when needed

Sempe-Fi Rubicon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR - 2018 BMW 430i
Occupation
Retired
I have the Bestop twill roll up tonneau. Pretty happy with it.

20240113_083601.jpg

20240113_083542.jpg

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It's my understanding that none of these types totally keep the water out,
Thanks for the input I had a roll up one on my Ram it worked pretty good not 100% dry but good enough for what I used it for plus I like the fact I can roll it up and tie it down when needed
Mopar one does a very good job. Minimal water after a car wash.

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
I have the Bestop-EZ Fold Black Twill to match my Bestop Sunrider Black Twill.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I've had a Bak X4s on my JT for almost 3 years now and it still looks great, has minimal leakage at the car wash or rain storms.
Got a great deal on it from @RealTruck which is a site sponsor.
Even works with my bed tent!

Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? 1000000360

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’ve had a Tyger roll-up from Amazon for 3.5 years. It’s actually for a Colorado as originally I couldn’t find one for a JT in stock. The only issue I really ran into that bugged me was the brackets (again, for a Colorado) allowed the bed rails to spread out and the back latch then wouldn’t hold tight. This only became an issue the last year or so once the material had stretched further. It also started to tear just forward of the latch on both
but I still could have used it awhile longer.

I’d planned to buy another to replace it but my wife bought me a trifold for Christmas.
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5477
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5476
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5475
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5474
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5473

The replacement is an AlienShade trifold.
So far I’m far from impressed. Biggest issue is that if you need to haul something taller than the bed height, you lose the front 1/3 of the bed as it must remain flat. Some trifolds allow them to fold vertical to the rear window, this one does not.

I also don’t like the latches. You have to pay close attention when locking them as they have a tendency to go between the bed metal and plastic bed rail and pretty much smack the lights.
Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5478

Jeep Gladiator Bed covers recommendations? IMG_5480

So cheap Tyger or Gator roll-up: Good
Cheap trifold: Probably pass

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Another happy Bak X4 owner here. I will say my Bak cover is 99% water tight. When I go through the car wash there will be a few drops in the bed at the tail gate. Here in California I haven’t had much opportunity to drive on rainy days.

Sponsored

MrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I bought ta North Mountain roll up cover off Amazon. It's probably the least expensive one on there $169 I bought it to see if it would work for me thinking I would buy a nice one if it did. It's been great, used a few times a week. Waterproof enough I trust putting luggage and a computer bag back there on trips. I had a Mopar and Rugged Ridge trifold before this and it's every bit as good as either of those.

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
I have the factory hard tri fold. I really like it. The only complaint would be with it fully open it touches the roof, soft or hard top. I would look for one with gas struts to hold it open and off body. I have never driven with it fully open.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
I've had a Bak X4s on my JT for almost 3 years now and it still looks great, has minimal leakage at the car wash or rain storms.
Got a great deal on it from @RealTruck which is a site sponsor.
Even works with my bed tent!
+1 for Bak X4s. I've also had mine a little under three years and i've loved it. The aluminum roll up slats provide security, while still being super easy to use. I enjoy that it also works as a nice shelf when closed. A good spot to put things while i open the tailgate.

I also have a Softtopper that i use for road trips and the occasional time when large volume is of greater importance than security. Swapping between the two is relatively quick and easy. The Bak X4s is my go-to. It looks good, works good, is easy to use, and easy to adjust.

AverageJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Engineering consultant
Check out Ebay. Prices start from around $120. I got a roll-up from TopSun Auto on Ebay for about $150. It has aluminum latches instead of plastic. I'm pretty happy with it. To me, many brands are overpriced for what you get.

20231217_135726.jpg

Last edited:

Outsider

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I won't repeat what others have said about the BAK X4S. I like mine as well.

One thing I will mention is that it could limit the height of items that you can fit under it. I measure 17.5 inches of clearance on mine. The main reason I mention this is for fitting a fridge. I've only found a couple with 60 liters/quarts or better that will fit. If you could find a cover that affords you 18.5 inches of clearance the number of refrigerators that will fit goes way up.

If any of the other X4S owners want to offer thoughts on that I'd love to hear what others have done if they have a fridge under the cover.
Sponsored