First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Has anyone put a 5 person RTT on the back of a Gladiator? Looking at the Tuff Stuff Elite. It is 79” long so it will hang off quite a bit unless you raise it up and hang it over the cab.
Sponsored

Guntar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK RHD (wife's mail vehicle) 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
N/a
This is a ZRoadZ Both sides lift like a tail gate. I didn't get the tailgate option. I am not sure they offered it when I purchased this and I certainly did not pay this much for it. They say it is made in USA. Seems well made to me. Me and 1 other person had it on and together in an afternoon.

I have my tent opening toward the tailgate not off the side. Works well and gives a bit more cover in other than pristine conditions. :)

2020-Jeep.jpg

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The rack in the link is not even close to the rack in the picture of the wrangler. The wrangler rack is a body mount rack and independent of the hard top. The difference is you can use the body mount rack with the top off.
This is the only true body mount rack for the JT that i have seen
https://www.gobiracks.com/product-c...nd-accessories/jeep/jeep-gladiator-2019-2021/
@MadManMoheenid

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
There’s a new RTT coming out for Gladiators and I am impressed! It’s a Harker Outdoors EDC (everyday camper). First off, I have nothing to do with Harker Outdoors or any affiliates. I had an opportunity to look at one at our local Jeep Dealer. This RTT is built in Utah and is of very high quality. You enter the clam shell style tent through the bed of your pickup instead of going up a 7 foot ladder. There is an annex (included in price) that covers the truck bed so you can take your lawn chairs and have a place to sit if it’s cold outside...a huge bonus for me. Also, it comes with its own bed rack so that’s not a separate expense. And it’s fully enclosed and lockable so the gear in the bed is protected. Go take a look for yourself at Harkeroutdoors.com. Tell them Deb sent you even though I won’t make one dime off this review. They may not even remember me. Not everyone will be able to afford this tent. It’s expensive but you get what you pay for!

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
There’s a new RTT coming out for Gladiators and I am impressed! It’s a Harker Outdoors EDC (everyday camper). First off, I have nothing to do with Harker Outdoors or any affiliates. I had an opportunity to look at one at our local Jeep Dealer. This RTT is built in Utah and is of very high quality. You enter the clam shell style tent through the bed of your pickup instead of going up a 7 foot ladder. There is an annex (included in price) that covers the truck bed so you can take your lawn chairs and have a place to sit if it’s cold outside...a huge bonus for me. Also, it comes with its own bed rack so that’s not a separate expense. And it’s fully enclosed and lockable so the gear in the bed is protected. Go take a look for yourself at Harkeroutdoors.com. Tell them Deb sent you even though I won’t make one dime off this review. They may not even remember me. Not everyone will be able to afford this tent. It’s expensive but you get what you pay for!
It’s $7,500. That’s laughable considering what’s available.

Sponsored

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
How disgusting is this! Expensive and solves the problem rather poorly.

Reactions: Oak

Sponsored

Dan_Ballard_Offroad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danballardphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Putdoor Photographer
Loving my inflatable GentleTent USA RTT, with FrontRunner Slimline II roofrack and RCI bedrack:)

Not as quick to set up as some, but only 50lbs and very small. For serious wheeling where you don't want a huge heavy box up high it's awesome!

DB-200902-colorado-03197.jpg
DB-201209-colorado-08299-Edit.jpg
DB-200814-colorado-02083.jpg
DB-200924-colorado-05229.jpg

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Looks great. Curious whether you researched between Roofnest, Tuffstuf Alpha and iKamper and what made you choose iKamper?
It did come down to roofnest vs iKamper as each were same size footprint. Talked to Lee at Altitude Industries here in Denver. He convinced me IKamper was a better made product. Roofnest made In China. Cheaper parts. Harder to get fixed. IKamper made in South Korea. Give him a call!

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
It did come down to roofnest vs iKamper as each were same size footprint. Talked to Lee at Altitude Industries here in Denver. He convinced me IKamper was a better made product. Roofnest made In China. Cheaper parts. Harder to get fixed. IKamper made in South Korea. Give him a call!
All smartphones, laptops and TVs are made in China. I think it's a matter of QC that the company runs.
I rented a camper recently that had an iKamper mini. The latching mechanism on the ladder was a big pain and that it couldn't fit pillows or anything much other than a thin blanket. That has prevented me from pulling the trigger on it.
It is well made and I didn't feel a thing at freezing temperatures with wind and rain. Just had my thick blanket.

Thanks for the input. I will see if I can find a Roofnest, Tuff stuff Alpha and Torro off-road in person.

Last edited:

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
All smartphones, laptops and TVs are made in China. I think it's a matter of QC that the company runs.
I rented a camper recently that had an iKamper mini. The latching mechanism on the ladder was a big pain and that it couldn't fit pillows or anything much other than a thin blanket. That has prevented me from pulling the trigger on it.
It is well made and I didn't feel a thing at freezing temperatures with wind and rain. Just had my thick blanket.

Thanks for the input. I will see if I can find a Roofnest, Tuff stuff Alpha and Torro off-road in person.
You are correct. Can’t fit hardly anything else inside that mini. Some light bedding but not much. The latches to close the thing are not meant to be used to pull it tight either. I bought a couple $12 clamps. Work great. But it’s a thing extra that sucks since it’s a $3500 tent. Good luck!