Sponsored

Best 37s for daily driver

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Looking to move to 37s on Black Rhino Arsenal wheels and will be re-gearing. What is everyone running for their daily driver?

Overland with Rubicon shocks/springs and 3/4” spring spacers currently. Will I need to go higher as well?
Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I have 37s BFG KO2s. Very little road noise, smooth running and decent on icy roads (which I guess is now a thing to worry about in TX?)

You probably don't need much of a lift if you don't plan to articulate the jeep (i.e. disconnect sway bar) off road. I have a 2.5" Icon lift and extended bump stops which were suggested if going taller than 35" on a 2.5" lift

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
my previous pickup i had yokohama geolander GO15's

very nice-- quiet and good in snow.
not sure about off road, but sounds like you maybe want a on road tire...

when my factory tires crap out--i will be getting these again

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
my previous pickup i had yokohama geolander GO15's

very nice-- quiet and good in snow.
not sure about off road, but sounds like you maybe want a on road tire...

when my factory tires crap out--i will be getting these again
Yes, live in Houston so concern would be wet roads but I do spend a week in Colorado every year and this year having the Wildpeak were a huge help seeing how I was there in the recent storm.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Depends what you need but the general consensus is that KO2s are great for a daily because they're good enough off road, long life, quiet, and lighter than most others. If you have specific needs for snow and ice then I might look elsewhere but they're the best all-around tire that sees mostly asphalt.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

Those pentagonias made me a believer. I wish I did more research on tires when I bought my JL almost 3 years ago at launch. I went with the 35" Duratracs E rated and it was a rough ride. I transfered them over to the JT last May and now I'm running the 38" pats. It feels and sounds like I'm driving a car and the steering feels 10x better. It also soaks up the bumps and pot holes in the road a lot better.

Krobarr

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
I've been running 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss" since my JTR was at 6,000 km's and I like them a lot. I've had mine on for a year now and they're good in snow and decent on icey roads too. I live in Canada and they're going to be my preferred winter tire with excellent off road capabilities. I cannot speak for the Duratraks as an owner, however some work trucks I've driven have had them. I think they perform very similar to the MTBB's I have on road, but do not come close off-road. I have almost 30,000 km's (20,000 Miles) on the tires and run have them at 30 psi on the highway as per Mickey Thompson tech recommendation. They're Bias Ply as well for the highway and will repurchase once worn out.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
37s for a daily driver? I'm thinking the hit to your mileage, gearing (if you haven't already upgraded), reduced braking effectiveness (from the reduced leverage and higher rotating mass) and the sheer amount of sidewall flex (unless you are running 20s) is going to make for an unpleasant daily driving experience. Or maybe those compromises are all OK for you which is great - you do you of course. I daily drive on 35s and honestly I would not go larger. Even with corrected steering hardware, proper tire inflation and quiet tires I feel like my JT on 35s (I also have the Mopar 2in lift) is at the limit of what I consider all weather all road/traffic conditions daily driver that I can still drive through a swampy ditch on an illegal u-turn. But - again - just my $0.02. Interested to hear your experiences after a couple of months. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
37s for a daily driver? I'm thinking the hit to your mileage, gearing (if you haven't already upgraded), reduced braking effectiveness (from the reduced leverage and higher rotating mass) and the sheer amount of sidewall flex (unless you are running 20s) is going to make for an unpleasant daily driving experience. Or maybe those compromises are all OK for you which is great - you do you of course. I daily drive on 35s and honestly I would not go larger. Even with corrected steering hardware, proper tire inflation and quiet tires I feel like my JT on 35s (I also have the Mopar 2in lift) is at the limit of what I consider all weather all road/traffic conditions daily driver that I can still drive through a swampy ditch on an illegal u-turn. But - again - just my $0.02. Interested to hear your experiences after a couple of months. Thanks!
All good points and that is why I'm asking questions. I've been going back and forth between 35s and 37s. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Bedeviler

Bedeviler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Looking at several different brands and comparing weights between 35s and 37s in a 17" wheel the differences are averaging around 7lbs per tire. Wondering how much a difference on the breaking at total of 28lbs or so would have?

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I think the BFG 37 would be fine for a daily.

But like you I’ve been constantly going back and forth.

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
Just put BFG KO2 37s on, primarily daily driver. Went with these for weight and reputation. I think my case was rare, would love to hear from others if not, but they were a bear to get balanced, highly recommended buying local and not internet so they will work with you. However, now that they are balanced, the ride awesome. The 37s may be rougher on ball joints for example and I am not aware of it, but it is all in what you want I guess. Heavy 35s may be rough on things like ball joints too. I was hesitant about 37s and almost went 35s, glad I did 37s now.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
This