msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I am. There are options out there for both of us. I've seen flexed-out Jeeps crack a tub, without anything attached to them. I saw it in person, not someone's story. So they clearly do flex a lot. How much worse would it be if you tried to connect a LONG section of frame and body. I think it's really dumb, and only works for mall crawlers.
I appreciate the real life experience you shared on the topic.

I do think there is A LOT of off-roading that falls between the extremes of 'tub cracking flex' and 'mall crawling'. While I anticipate my JT holding up fine while wheeling spots where I wheeled my JLU (see list), I look forward to doing the testing. :rock:

Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway (KY)
Uwharrie National Forest trails (NC)
Silver Lake Sand Dunes (MI)
Drummond Island (UP MI)
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
You are absolutely correct, I shouldn't have exaggerated on mall crawler. Everyone's playgrounds are different, it just happens that my closest ones are full of boulders and flexing.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I found something interesting on another slider thread. It is posted by the JCR rep who makes a slider that mounts to the pinch seam of the body as well as the bolts where the body mounts to the frame ... similar to the RockHard slider.

"Pinch weld and frame is a bad idea. But we use the pinch weld and the body mount bolt/bushing on ours (not the frame side body mount itself.) The bolt flexes with the body and pinch weld"

Sounds like whatever flex does occur due to that bushing between the body and the frame, the bolt passing through the frame follows the movement of the body to prevent a conflict of frame & body movement.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Yes, the body mount bolts go to welded nuts in the body tub, and connection of the mounts to the frame are through the flexible cushions. Thus, all mounting positions are rigid to the tub, not to the frame. The frame-to-tub flexing is not changed.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Que Tal Todos :jk:
I'm a noobie to da Jeep world and looking for da Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step. The Rock Slider should provide the best under carriage and body-weld protection combined with a Step for easy entry and exit, preferably light weight and non-protruding -> so it won't get stuck on rocks. So far the one that I have found is da one below:

RockHard 4x4 Patriot series Tube Slider Rock Guards Angled Up for Gladiator JT 2020 ( RH-80104)

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80104.htm

RockHard told me each of these Rock Slider Rails weighs 65 lbs. I am concerned about watching my weight and the weight I put on.

So let me know if you have any other recommendations for da Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step.

Mil Gracias! :fist bump:
Brian
I have the Rock Hard ones, tubes down. Not lite but extremely well built and secured to the vehicle as well as anything I‘ve seen. The step is great but should come with anti-skid on it, I put some 3“ non skid tape on them and I am really pleased with them.

Sponsored

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Model A RPU, 1930 model A roadster, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, 1952 HD FL, 1956 Chevy Wagon, 1969 Jeepster Commando, 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack,
I went with Rock Slide Engineering step sliders. They’re pretty solid. And pretty Gucci. I haven’t beat on them yet but the retractable step is nice.

jeepdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
I believe the n-fab are the way to go. unfortunately when I tried to order them they were back ordered and I have little kids that can't get into the truck without some kind of step. I opted for the go rhino dominator. One piece rock rail and step. Happy so far not that i don't have to load the kids into the truck when i (used to) pick them up from school. It's all about what you need. Good luck. keep on keepin' on

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
The Rhino is not a rock rail, just a step/running board. Notice that the web site doesn't say anything about their thickness, or talk about rocks and such. They will probably have a bad time doing anything against rocks. I had considered them but the lack of info on toughness turned me away.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I believe the n-fab are the way to go. unfortunately when I tried to order them they were back ordered and I have little kids that can't get into the truck without some kind of step. I opted for the go rhino dominator. One piece rock rail and step. Happy so far not that i don't have to load the kids into the truck when i (used to) pick them up from school. It's all about what you need. Good luck. keep on keepin' on
Who did you order the N-FABs from? I originally ordered through Quadratec and they were back ordered. Went straight to NFAB (CARID) and got them 2 days later.

Sponsored

wallacems8846

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Que Tal Todos :jk:
I'm a noobie to da Jeep world and looking for da Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step. The Rock Slider should provide the best under carriage and body-weld protection combined with a Step for easy entry and exit, preferably light weight and non-protruding -> so it won't get stuck on rocks. So far the one that I have found is da one below:

RockHard 4x4 Patriot series Tube Slider Rock Guards Angled Up for Gladiator JT 2020 ( RH-80104)

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80104.htm

RockHard told me each of these Rock Slider Rails weighs 65 lbs. I am concerned about watching my weight and the weight I put on.

So let me know if you have any other recommendations for da Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step.

Mil Gracias! :fist bump:
Brian

Have you considered RustysOffroad? They have a nice step/rock rail solution uses solid frame body mounts as well. It is a little more expensive but check them out.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
Before you buy anything, decide what you bought your JT for. Are you planning to drive the Rubicon trail regularly, use your truck as an overland vehicle, or are you going to use it most often as a regular driver with occasional off-road use? I chose the latter. And I know they are expensive but I got my rock sliders from Rock Slide Engineering. They provide maximum clearance from rocks with moderate protection, and they have a power step that lowers when any door opens. When the step is deployed it is automatically lit up for night time entry and exit. I have had mine for 5 months and have been very happy with them. One of the best mods I have done to my Gladiator.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The Rock Hard sliders attach to both the body and the frame. That might be the dumbest thing I've seen today, but the day is young. They are out, and I would recommend that nobody use these for any real wheeling. Well, really, never use them at all.

There's a reason the body is mounted in huge cushion posts on this thing.
You are misinformed on this. They attach to the pinch seam and the body mount bolts, not the frame.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Understood, I'll go re-read the install instructions and maybe put them back on my list, thanks.
Sponsored