Sponsored

Biggest tire I can get with no regearing needed?

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
40’s or nothing.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
With the overland and 3.73, I'd suggest nothing more than a 33 12.5 17. If you do decide on a 35, get a BFG KO2 one, they are great tires and are light. Only about a 3 to 4 pound difference in the 33 and 35 KO2's.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A regear will be money well spent, provided that the gears are set up correctly. I had a Wrangler in the shop yesterday that had been regeared to 4.56 from the stock 3.45. This allowed it to run pretty well with the 35s that were on it. There is one other thing about regearing, if you want a better differential (locker or an upgraded limited slip) do it when you have it regeared. Before reusing the TracLok differential, make sure that the clutches and pinion gears are in good shape. If the gear lube in your axle is blackened, or has metallic particles in it, the differential probably doesn't work well enough to be worth reusing. Just my experience, based on rebuilding and setting up many axles in a a variety of vehicles.
I second this about the TracLok. I’m hoping the current iteration was strengthened some for truck use but below was my JK TracLok with less than 35k on the clock.
Jeep Gladiator Biggest tire I can get with no regearing needed? F695D2D1-05D3-40CD-B5F7-A50C986A7729

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I have a stock Overland 2021 JT. Tires and wheel sizes are 255/70R18 all terrain. I can't stand the way they look lol. However, I don't have the money for a big lift, and regearing. The stock on the Overlands is the 3.73 axel ratio. So, simple answers are needed please :) What's the biggest size I can go without altering the stock parts? I've read that some people go to 35's but have issues with the gears and MPG plummets even more. So I'm leaning maybe toward 33's? I would love some input and feedback from you guys that know much more than I do. TIA!
I run a 285/75 and everything is good. I wouldn’t go bigger without rehearing. I still get around 380 miles per tank.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Thank you for the feedback! I actually am in Texas. So it's super flat lol. I don't do any mountain or hill driving. I don't tow anything either. My truck is my daily driver, so I just wanted to keep performance and MPG in mind while also going for a better look.
I am in South Texas also and I have Sport S Max Tow Package. I switched to 33" Rubi Take offs AT tires. Faulken Wildpeaks. They ride fine and are pretty quiet. Its my daily driver. The hit in gas was about 2-3 MPG from what I can see. But the look is so much more appealing than the stock. I have been contemplating moving to 35's but can't take another hit in the MPG zone being my daily driver.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I believe I paid around $2300 in the northeast.

side note: prior to regear I was (still am) lifted on 35s. I towed my landscape trailer empty mostly freeway and relatively flat for a 2 hour round trip. Youd think I had been towing the dang titanic. What a miserable experience.

today I towed (for the first time since 4.88) our 20 foot pontoon boat across town. You’d have thought there was a jet ski back there. Night. And. Day.
Are most of yall talkin about the gas engine?

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
All really depends on where and what you do with the truck. 37" on 4.10s (Rubi) is OK if mostly flat driving and no towing. Otherwise 35" is max on that gearing if any steeps/crawling or towing planned. On 3.73s I'd step down on sizing in comparison to above.

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I am in South Texas also and I have Sport S Max Tow Package. I switched to 33" Rubi Take offs AT tires. Faulken Wildpeaks. They ride fine and are pretty quiet. Its my daily driver. The hit in gas was about 2-3 MPG from what I can see. But the look is so much more appealing than the stock. I have been contemplating moving to 35's but can't take another hit in the MPG zone being my daily driver.
I've seen multiple people suggesting to get some take-offs which I'm up for doing, but how do I go about this? Craigs list? I'm not sure where to find people that are selling take-offs lol.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I've seen multiple people suggesting to get some take-offs which I'm up for doing, but how do I go about this? Craigs list? I'm not sure where to find people that are selling take-offs lol.
I found mine on Facebook Marketplace. I managed to get 4 Rubicon Take off tires and 5 Rubicon Rims for very affordable price. Another JT owner was moving to lift and 40" tires. Usually you can find a set of tires and rims for anywhere from $800-$1200 range.

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I was in your position. Loved my Overland but hated the tires. I got on here to figure out what tire to upsize to. After reading through posts I thought, " do I need to regear as well?!"; "are E-load range tires just awful to live with?" Honest to God I think I spent half a year on the decision after reading this forum. Ultimately I upsized to 295/70r18 (34 essentially) Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs on the Overland wheels. Tires have been great. They were expensive but totally changed the look of the Jeep. Still on 3.73 gear ratio. I don't think re-gearing is necessary. Could acceleration be better? Probably. But with the 8-spd, the Gladiator still accelerates better than my 2013 JKU. If I lived in Colorado I might feel differently but in the Piedmont area of NC it's totally fine. MPG is about 17 city, 21 highway.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The member marketplace on this forum is a great resource for this.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I run a Sport with 3:73 and I have 33's I believe it is right on the line gearing to tire size and would not go to a bigger tire and I live in the Lowcountry of SC very flat. I have a Tazer that i used to recalibrate for the 33s and just installed a Banks Pedal Monster which wakens up pedal response / acceleration. If/when I go go bigger 35/37 I will regear.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Are most of yall talkin about the gas engine?
Yes. Almost universally people are leaving the factory gearing in the diesels.

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
OK, so I can help a little bit here as I have had 2 sets of tires on my JT Sport S.

I started out with the Stock Overland Wheels with the Bridgestone Duller H/T. If you're looking for MPG's this was the set up. I was around 20 MPG and I do not live in a flat area, no mountains either, so I would suspect you may get 1 or 2 MPG more being your area is so flat.

Then I got some Rubi take offs with the BFGs KO2s. Bigger tire, looks great, and I feel much better in my Jeep because I didn't have highway tires on an off road vehicle. (side note, Jeep why do you put a highway tire on the most capable off road vehicle on the market?) BUT, I have dropped 2 - 4 MPGs since the switch. I run 18 MPG when I am focused, but I can drop to 16 if I run hard.

My point is go for the look of aggressive off road tires or go for the stock wheel with highway tires. It is all about what is more important to you. FYI you can pick up a set of Jeep wheels with highway tires for about $400 maybe even less. No one buys them.

Good Luck!

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
(side note, Jeep why do you put a highway tire on the most capable off road vehicle on the market?)
you answered your own question. ;)
Sponsored