Bronco Truck vs Gladiator

FLGladiator

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite max tow sport s
Used to really like Lincolns and collected vintage ones. But didn't Ford and GM transition into China in the last decade. The latest Continental was specifically built for Chinese and a flop. They can keep the Bronco, no comparison just like the Ranger is no comparison.

Advertisement

jurfie

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
They can keep the Bronco, no comparison just like the Ranger is no comparison.
I dunno. I think the Bronco will be a hit, even in truck form if they make it. I was really hyped when they announced the Bronco, just as I was when the new Defender came out. I considered both, but once the novelty of a new model passed, my wandering eye returned to my first love: Jeep.

The Ranger is a turd because it is actually an outdated platform from overseas. They should have expedited a new model before re-releasing it in NA, and they should have started with the Ranger Raptor as the Launch Edition.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
If they put that 5.0 Coyote motor in that then Jeep will have to offer the 5.7 Hemi. Or suffer massive sales hit. One thing is for sure. The release of the new Bronco will only make the JLU and JT line of vehicles better. :)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, all these people promoting the eco-boost are going to learn what a cam phaser is, and that turbo sets are considered wear items with a life expectancy inside of some people's finance period.

I'm completely disinterested in a Bronco because of those self digesting valve trains and turbos, but more importantly because just like the Wrangler they worked their ass off copying, there is no room in them.

Going for a weekend? Perfect.

Weeks or months? Forget about it.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, all these people promoting the eco-boost are going to learn what a cam phaser is, and that turbo sets are considered wear items with a life expectancy inside of some people's finance period.
I wonder how well the reliability is in the 2.0T that is in the JL, JLU's? I know it's a stout motor. They gave me a Turbo JLU as a loaner when putting my Steering box on. I was impressed with it.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I wonder how well the reliability is in the 2.0T that is in the JL, JLU's? I know it's a stout motor. They gave me a Turbo JLU as a loaner when putting my Steering box on. I was impressed with it.
I don't know, and I have no experience with them.

What I DO know however, is people promote different, commonly for the sake of different, then when different shits the bed, they are nowhere to be seen.

All of this flagellating for "The Bronco!", that nobody has owned, and few have driven is annoying regardless how entertaining it may be. Largely due to the fact that Ford has had engine troubles with the Coyote and EB engines both, on a scale that should make most people wary, and more worrisome yet is/was their willingness to try and sidestep the problem. Failing cam phaser, Ford "Uh, yeah uh those are just noisy engines". Every manufacturer has problems and there is always some effort to mitigate those problems, but watching people get their lemming on is annoying at a minimum.

First Name
Acen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
I looked at getting a half ton and was definitely considering F150. Talked to several mechanics and all said go with the 5.0 over the eco-boost. Ford has had them for awhile and has done a great job with getting power out of smaller engines. But having twin turbo's that spin at like 150,000 RPM are bound to have a shorter life span than a basic injected engine.

Advertisement

Advertisement