Sponsored

Build and Price is up on Jeep.com!!!! (minus the price part)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So I went back in and built Cindy again. I'm now at Sport Max Tow. No 'S'. I don't even want locking doors, let alone a drivabled computer. It's a truck. I feel so good deciding that. Let it go to VM.
Bare bones, eh? What color, what cloth seat color?
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So I went back in and built Cindy again. I'm now at Sport Max Tow. No 'S'. I don't even want locking doors, let alone a drivabled computer. It's a truck. I feel so good deciding that. Let it go to VM.
Good for you. This is how I bought my JK for the most part. Hardtop, Auto and air is all I got with it. The wife asked me nice for the A/C.

If I can't afford the Rubi without putting stress on the fam I may just do the same with my Gladiator. Hard top, auto, max tow and trailer break.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
This does not bode well for pricing: per Scott Tallon: "The early indication in demand is exceptionally strong,” Tallon said. “It's exceeded our expectations. So overwhelmingly positive and so we're just excited now to focus on getting it to market, which we'll do here in the second quarter of this year."

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
This does not bode well for pricing: per Scott Tallon: "The early indication in demand is exceptionally strong,” Tallon said. “It's exceeded our expectations. So overwhelmingly positive and so we're just excited now to focus on getting it to market, which we'll do here in the second quarter of this year."
What do you expect him to say? Well we don't think that many people are going to like it. Are expectations where set to high. We just are hoping a few people actually buy this turd.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
What do you expect him to say? Well we don't think that many people are going to like it. Are expectations where set to high. We just are hoping a few people actually buy this turd.
Well, there are nearly infinity other things he could have said, but when the director of the brand says things like "...demand is exceptionally strong," and "It's exceeded our expectations.", the implication is that they have underestimated the market, and, since they aren't going to increase output (at least any time soon), the market dictates that they price the vehicle accordingly, i.e. high demand+low supply=high price. You get the logic there, right? I certainly would never expect him to say anything like "Are (Our) expectations where (were) set to (too) high.";)

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Quick, close the forum, maybe they won't notice the demand. Like at an underage party get in the basement and turn the lights out!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Good for you. This is how I bought my JK for the most part. Hardtop, Auto and air is all I got with it. The wife asked me nice for the A/C.

If I can't afford the Rubi without putting stress on the fam I may just do the same with my Gladiator. Hard top, auto, max tow and trailer break.

Seriously. I'm so glad. All I want now is a Jeep Truck. Save money for the important things. The sport has way more on it than base models used to have, so it is not much less unless you want tech which I do not want anywhere on my truck, and max tow beefs it up nicely. I'm wondering if the sport will ride softer than the sportS due to suspension. My daily drive is going to be a real treat. Cannot wait.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bare bones, eh? What color, what cloth seat color?
Black cloth. I looked at the wranglers. My take was too many colors. This way two basic colors, black and white. Cleaner look and feel all around interior. Even so, there are like ten shades of black and white inside anyway. The brown works better with brown ext paint and more trim on the posts, but that is more trim than I want. I can't believe I just said that.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black cloth. I looked at the wranglers. My take was too many colors. This way two basic colors, black and white. Cleaner look and feel all around interior. Even so, there are like ten shades of black and white inside anyway. The brown works better with brown ext paint and more trim on the posts, but that is more trim than I want. I can't believe I just said that.
Yeah i was wondering about that too. Curious if brown will make for too many colors. I won't be able to decide until i see one in person.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah i was wondering about that too. Curious if brown will make for too many colors. I won't be able to decide until i see one in person.
I'll be happy after seeing one, for sure. Can't wait! The test drives are crucial. Need to see somebody drive all the models. There is so much difference between trucks, models, running gear, whether on a trail, highway, city. I am wishing I had paid attention to the JLU rollout. This unveiling bs is driving me up a wall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
homerun

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I'll be happy after seeing one, for sure. Can't wait! The test drives are crucial. Need to see somebody drive all the models. There is so much difference between trucks, models, running gear, whether on a trail, highway, city. I am wishing I had paid attention to the JLU rollout. This unveiling bs is driving me up a wall.
With the JL roll out, they used LA for the reveal the same week. However the JLs showed up at dealers the very end of January. Don’t remember when the order banks opened but it was BEFORE pricing came out. By February everything was in full swing.

June...man....I was really thinking April for dealer lots.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
With the JL roll out, they used LA for the reveal the same week. However the JLs showed up at dealers the very end of January. Don’t remember when the order banks opened but it was BEFORE pricing came out. By February everything was in full swing.

June...man....I was really thinking April for dealer lots.
I wouldn't put any time into worrying about it. I also heard that the line would be near full speed in late February for April delivery. But since then I heard from the inside that they will be ready for full rate production 3 weeks earlier than that. If I was a betting man, I'd say FCA is trying calm us TF down, then blow us away with early-ish delivery.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I wouldn't put any time into worrying about it. I also heard that the line would be near full speed in late February for April delivery. But since then I heard from the inside that they will be ready for full rate production 3 weeks earlier than that. If I was a betting man, I'd say FCA is trying calm us TF down, then blow us away with early-ish delivery.
I hope you’re correct. But I wonder if they’re running into issues and are having to push things back now.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
That would be a welcomed plot twist. I think most of us are just waiting to see pricing to make the determination if the JT is worth waiting for or not. Once pricing is released it will seal the deal for most of us and personally which model I end up in.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
That would be a welcomed plot twist. I think most of us are just waiting to see pricing to make the determination if the JT is worth waiting for or not. Once pricing is released it will seal the deal for most of us and personally which model I end up in.
Let's hope it's reasonable.
Sponsored