Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Just found out the hood, cowel, and corner cowel pieces are VERY different. They are raised quite a bit.

I'm wondering if someone might be willing do a Mojave to Rubicon swap. I'd much prefer the Rubicon or even Sahara hood and sub pieces to the Mojave units.

shoulda just bought a Rubicon.....:(

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Ha! Haven’t bought either yet. Just making plans, weighing options. Blah, Blah.
I’ve got 3.5years before I have another driver in the house, so I’m laying out my evil plan early. Probably officially l put in my order in 2.5 to 3 years.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
This was the first thing I thought of when I read about the Mojave! Add the swaybar and front locker... and if the transfer case gearing isn't low enough for the wheeling I do, then throw in a Rubicon case too. I suspect it's easier to do this than to take a Rubicon and swap in the stronger frame, front steering knuckles, hydraulic bump stops, etc.

4eexc5.jpg

4eexqg.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Haven’t bought either yet. Just making plans, weighing options. Blah, Blah.
I’ve got 3.5years before I have another driver in the house, so I’m laying out my evil plan early. Probably officially l put in my order in 2.5 to 3 years.
4eexyx.jpg

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Here's a question, how much lift can you put on the Mojave while keeping the fancy stock shocks that come with it? I can't find anything on the amount of travel but I'm guessing I probably can't put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on there and keep my fox shocks can I??

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
As long as the shocks can support about 1.5” more height it should work. The Mojave is supposed to ride 1” higher than the Rubicon.

If I have to sell the shocks, so be it. I’m more interested in the things that are harder to upgrade, as in all the stuff done to frame and mounts

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of someone who has added the Rubicon, Spicer Dana 44 E-Locker to the front axel on the Mojave? I'm planning to do this, mainly as a learning exercise/experiment.

I've done some poking around the internet and this is the parts list I've come up with. Does this list covers everything that's needed? Have I included any unneeded items? I guess I'm also wondering if doing this is even viable. Thoughts?

1. The locker connector bolt: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/locker-connector-bolt-jl-rubicon-dana-44-front-axle-68400412AA
  2. The locker actuator: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/axle-locker-actuator-jl-rubicon-44-front-axle-68400409AA
  3. The actuator bracket for the front-axel e-locker: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/locker-actuator-bracket-jl-rubicon-dana-44-front-axle-68400412AA
  4. The connector that comes out of the axel: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/68400411AA-axle-locker-connector-jl-rubicon-dana-44
  5. The wiring harness to bring the front e-locker wiring into the cabin: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rubicon-locker-switch-harness-jeep-wrangler-jl
  6. The spicer/dana e-locker hub: https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/2...r-32-spline-rear-07-14-jk-rubicon-68036128aa/
  7. For enabling the front e-locker in the console and button group: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-mini/

RyderGear

First Name
Ryder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave (Manual)
Occupation
CEO Ryder Gear LLC
I really like all the updates to the Mojave, but still want the OEM sway bar disconnect and front locker.

What are the chances, the wiring harness is the same? Also, wondering if the fox reservoir location would impede the installation of the OEM swaybar disconnect.

Items needed?
Most likely need

All in I'm guessing around $2500 or less to add everything to have a Mojavicon.

Let's hear your thoughts on doing this. Let's not do a debate on Rubicon vs Mojave, there are other threads for that. I just want to discuss the creating this combo.
Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave 4eexyx

Jeep Gladiator Building a Mojavicon: Adding Lockers and Swaybar to a Mojave 4eexyx

@Beowulf Did you have luck making your Mojavicon? I LOVE my Mojave and want to add sway bar disconnect and front locker to enable more Rubicon capabilities as well. wondering what you have learned in the year since this post?

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
@Beowulf Did you have luck making your Mojavicon? I LOVE my Mojave and want to add sway bar disconnect and front locker to enable more Rubicon capabilities as well. wondering what you have learned in the year since this post?
Sadly, life changed my plans and I did not end up buying the Mohave.
I’d say the new 392 is basically a MojaviCon for the Wrangler. I’m betting it will end up on the truck soon.

Sponsored

RyderGear

First Name
Ryder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO Ryder Gear LLC
Sadly, life changed my plans and I did not end up buying the Mohave.
I’d say the new 392 is basically a MojaviCon for the Wrangler. I’m betting it will end up on the truck soon.
Sorry to hear about that. Understand the 392 but did you solve the front locker and sway bar challenge?

RyderGear

First Name
Ryder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO Ryder Gear LLC
I wish Jeep would combine the Mojave and the Rubi, that would be the ultimate machine. I also believe that the Mojave has a wider stance so you may have to take that into consideration as well. Good luck and let us know how it works out. I would love to see that build.
I Built it! and its AMAZING!!!

2020 JT Mojave Edition
+ ARB Dual Compressor
+ ARB Front Locker (Rear Locker part of Mojave)
+ APEX AutoLYNX Detachable Sway Bars
+ AEV Mojave 2” Spacer Lift
+ 35” Toyo Open Country A/T Tires
+ Terraflex Nomad Deluxe Wheels
+ Bed-mounted Pro-Eagle BEAST 2.0T Jack
+ JCR Half Rack & Various Molle Panels
+ JCR Overhead Center Molle Panel
+ ROAM Vagabond XL RTT
+ Mounted CB Radio

m5.jpg

m4.jpg

m3.jpg